Looking for contributors

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Looking for contributors

Post by Flash » August 24th, 2016, 1:15 am

Hello everyone,

we are still looking for players that want to help us working on the Wiki. You don't need an invite to work on the wiki anymore as we added a new Captcha System to fight the bots so everyone can help easily.

We're looking for 2 types of users:

1) Advanced Wiki Users
Users that already have some kind of experience working on wikis (like MediaWiki) and that can help us developing useful templates for different kind of pages that can then easily be filled by other users.

2) Experience ToS Players
Players that have a lot of ToS knowledge and that are willing to write this knowledge down. Wiki knowledge should not be a requirement.

A wiki is the only way to have a source for all information including special / hidden mechanics but it's only possible to maintain a wiki as a community.

renseiryuu
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC +7

Re: Looking for contributors

Post by renseiryuu » August 24th, 2016, 1:57 am

Flash, for Experienced ToS Players, if they don't have much experience working on wikis, how should they contribute?

For example, one of the player want to make a complete information page about World Boss. But the page doesn't exist, and they don't know how to make one.

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 24th, 2016, 2:08 am

renseiryuu wrote:Flash, for Experienced ToS Players, if they don't have much experience working on wikis, how should they contribute?

For example, one of the player want to make a complete information page about World Boss. But the page doesn't exist, and they don't know how to make one.
That's why I also listed Advanced Wiki Users. If one of those would create a template / reference page for a world boss it would be much easier for others to simply use it and only change information. I hope that we have some users here who maybe also contributed to other gae wikis in the past like iRO wiki or any other wiki so that those can get things started.

Cress
Newcomer
Guild: Tea Time
Timezone: UTC +1
Favorite Class: Sapper
Team Name: Abion

Post by Cress » August 24th, 2016, 8:50 am

I'd have ideas for 1) but I am no experienced Wiki user when it comes to creating templates in practise.

So most likely I'd offer help when it comes to 2)

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » September 7th, 2016, 12:39 am

Time for a little update:

Furano created some nice templates on the wiki for Classes, Skills and Attributes. Those templates can be used to add missing information.

Here are the templates with a description how to use them:
Classes: http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Template:JobDesc
Skills: http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Template:Skill
Attributes: http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Template:Attribute

The Archer page is a good example how those templates can be used.

Giru-sa
Newcomer

Post by Giru-sa » September 9th, 2016, 2:45 pm

While watching the NFL Season Opener Game I continued my work at the Scout page: http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Scout
The Game was quite fun and the work painful like the Broncos Defense for Cam Newton, because it's a huge amount of code. However, i finished the work on the skill and attribute table so far which includes a color set as kind a corporate design. (blue/green: #336666; yellow/gold: #ffe088; whitish: #fcfcfc) Now i need some dummy icon for "no gem" "no stance" and so on. Next I will playing around with the Combo and Synergy section as well as the build section.

I also started the work on the Gem Page with the integration of the Monster Gem Section to the Gem Page and redesign the Gem Overview Section. In the future I will start to use anchors to reduce the links to new pages, because we do not need a Page for every single Gem/Skill/Attribute etc.

furano
Newcomer
Timezone: UTC+1/UTC+2
Favorite Class: Fencer
Team Name: Haevateinn

Post by furano » October 2nd, 2016, 6:51 pm

Thanks Flash ! :thx:
By the way, if more templates are needed, don't hesitate to ask, I'll be glad to make them whenever I have free time.

Good job on the scout page Giru-sa !
However do we keep all the skills informations on the class pages or do we keep just a short summary with a link to a more detailed skill-dedicated page (kind of like on irowiki for example) ? Because a single page per skill will allow everybody to add some tips/formulas/combos/notes easily if they want to.
Also for your dummy icon, I used this one when an attribut/skill icon was missing, maybe that's what you were looking for ?

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » October 3rd, 2016, 2:29 am

I'd go for having own skill pages with short descriptions on the class pages. I think it would be really cool to have own skill pages with lots of extra information that simply can't be datamined in the wiki stuff like history of changes, hidden mechanics / skill combinations (both with own skills and skills of other classes), tips and tricks how to use the skill for different purposes and so on.
I know it's really hard to do it and we're probably don't have the resources to create it currently but having such information in the wiki would be really nice.

It's also much easier to link the information that way and I could add links from the main website to the wiki pages and so on.

furano
Newcomer
Timezone: UTC+1/UTC+2
Favorite Class: Fencer
Team Name: Haevateinn

Post by furano » October 3rd, 2016, 10:45 am

Maybe we should create a bot to copy the data from the database to each skill own page thus, so we'll just need to add specific infos by hand.

Greenteapwo
Newcomer
Server: Orsha
Team Name: Green-Tea

Post by Greenteapwo » October 25th, 2016, 6:22 am

i want to become Experience ToS Players but :

i'm not playing in steam server i play in indonesia server ( can not play in steam because get IP block from TOS for all indonesia player )
i'm not 250 yet but trying too.
is that okay ?