Is it fun to be a Cleric?

Ternes
Newcomer
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Is it fun to be a Cleric?

Post by Ternes » May 17th, 2016, 9:46 am

I'm thinking of a good class to start with and my friends said our team needs cleric.
I just want to ask if it is fun first to play with so i may choose it without hesitation.

If not what would you suggest for me to pick as my first class to play? :thx:

Timaeus
Newcomer
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Re: Is it fun to be a Cleric?

Post by Timaeus » May 17th, 2016, 10:36 am

Cleric can be a lot of fun, and for a variety of reasons.

Do you like saving lives? Make a Priest.
Do you like art? Make a Dievdirby.
Do you like zombies? Make a Bokor.
Do you like to pretend you're Goku? Make a Monk.
Do you like money? Make a Pardoner.

The list goes on. :3

Ternes
Newcomer
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Post by Ternes » May 17th, 2016, 4:43 pm

Timaeus wrote:Cleric can be a lot of fun, and for a variety of reasons.

Do you like saving lives? Make a Priest.
Do you like art? Make a Dievdirby.
Do you like zombies? Make a Bokor.
Do you like to pretend you're Goku? Make a Monk.
Do you like money? Make a Pardoner.

The list goes on. :3

OOOOHHH good! thanks for the info... i'd like to be loved by everyone so i can level up easier something like that

dyersi
Newcomer

Post by dyersi » May 18th, 2016, 9:00 pm

I just started playing this game and also made a Cleric. Im still below 30 and as early as now I can say that I will reaaaaalllyyyy need a lot of patience grinding as this class is a little challenging when played solo (unless your route is going paladin/monk) since their atk damage are a little low. But I'm liking it! :ok:

Adeodatus
Beginner
Timezone: Your timezone (using UTC+/- x is recommended)
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: Iudexium

Post by Adeodatus » May 20th, 2016, 1:14 pm

Although I'm not a hardcore player I can tell you that it's really nice to be a Cleric and especially beginnerfriendly, because you have direct access to skills that block all incoming damage, the only healing skills in the game and the option to cure status ailments as poison from +- the beginning of your gaming experience. Of course your attack is not as high as the other classes (if you take blunt weapons as a compromise between magic attack and physical attack), but in this game even your heal and cure can damage enemies (with the exception of flying enemies who become a plague when you're around lvl 40+).

The further classes have many cool abilities, in contrast to most swordman or archer classes who are +- the same kind with focus on different weaponry, that can predict drops (Oracle), carve staues with manyfold abilities (Dievdirbys), become the ultimate buffing machine with awesome autoattack capabilities (Chaplain),cursing monsters with vodoo, turning them into zombies and overrun them with your zombie-train (Bokor),smite them with attacks while becoming +- invincible (Paladin) or nuke them with your soul (Sadhu), beat them up with your hands (Monk) or change into a certain monster yourselves through the power of nature (Druid).

I started with a Cleric (now C2 Bokor) and I never regretted it so far, especially since making zombies is so much fun, and the other distinct abilities of the other ranks to come (aiming to become a C1 Oracle in the end for the fun of predicting boss mechanics, predicting and resetting the drops of a monster or changing them into other monsters) are worthwhile the time invested into this.

Of course it's not easy to start out, but playing a Cleric feels way more rewarding than a simple "DPS" archer/swordman that can do +- nothing besides dealing damage and/or provoke enemies...

153675minus1
Beginner
Guild: None Yet
Timezone: UTC + 7 ; Jakarta
Favorite Class: Swordsman
Team Name: McGator

Post by 153675minus1 » June 17th, 2017, 6:17 pm

Not early on ...

Cleric has the slowest start compared to other basic class . But most of Cleric classes have some utility , and will always be needed in most End Game content . Here is the list of some Cleric Fun Fact
  • In PvP the current Terminator reigning on the throne is a Chaplain-Plague Doctors and Kabba-Taoist . With him/her you can kill slowly but surely any if not the most class while kiting them .
  • Diev PD is one of the most solid choice because it's useful for literally any content IMC can throw you .
  • Diev Druid has the widest arsenal with Transform/Shapeshifting , Lycantrophy , and one of the best Invincility Sherea Thoft .
  • Krivis might be weak on the paper but with Daino on your skill slot you have your party .
  • Chaplain Sadhu Inquisitor have the most line number extra attack (normal , sacrament , last rites , aspergillum , enchant fire , any additional damage , oob normal attack , malleus maleficarum * 2) .
  • Chaplain PD have the most Damage over Time arsenal , while have 2 immortality skill namely revive and healing factor.
  • Barrier skill from Paladin C3 will save you a lot of trouble in ET Solmiki Area .
  • With Divine Might for 5 charge you can use any skill with 1 level higher than you can get .
  • Oracle C3 can change your Gender .
  • Krivis-Taoist might be expensive but he/she is one of the class that can solo entire Lolopanther Area currently recorded (The other being Diev Druid and Peltasta Rodelero Murmillo) .
  • Pardoner buff is always needed it almost considered a standart buff
  • Bokor have the most total number of summon .
  • Invincibility (Impervious to Incoming Damage) is on the Cleric's gene : Safety Zone , Mackangdal , Statue Goddess Ausrine , Golden Bell Shield , Sherea Thoft , Revive .
  • tba