Gem roasting?

Otoroshi
Newcomer
Favorite Class: Musketeer
Team Name: N/A

Gem roasting?

Post by Otoroshi » June 12th, 2016, 5:56 am

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there is a difference in roasting Lv1 gem vs high level gems. I've been upgrading my gems without even roasting it. Is there any difference (price increase of roasting/other stats might be lost etc.) if I decided to roast it on the latter part, maybe when my gem is max level.

Thanks in advance!
ImVeryJelly
Newcomer
Server: Klaipeda

Re: Gem roasting?

Post by ImVeryJelly » June 14th, 2016, 4:40 am

Gem roasting's price is the same regardless of your gem level. The alchemist can only set one price for roasting.

Note that gem roasting will only remove the negative effects of a gem, however if a lv 5 gem roast skill attempts to remove the negative effect of a level 6 gem (or higher level), it will only remove as much as a level 5 gem's negative stat (eg. lv 5 gem = -10 sp, lv 6 gem = -15sp. If you use a lv 5 gem roast on the lv 6 gem, it will remove only 10sp (which is the negative stat on a lv 5 gem), leaving you with a lv 6 gem with -5sp).
Otoroshi
Newcomer

Post by Otoroshi » June 14th, 2016, 9:00 am

ImVeryJelly wrote:Gem roasting's price is the same regardless of your gem level. The alchemist can only set one price for roasting.

Note that gem roasting will only remove the negative effects of a gem, however if a lv 5 gem roast skill attempts to remove the negative effect of a level 6 gem (or higher level), it will only remove as much as a level 5 gem's negative stat (eg. lv 5 gem = -10 sp, lv 6 gem = -15sp. If you use a lv 5 gem roast on the lv 6 gem, it will remove only 10sp (which is the negative stat on a lv 5 gem), leaving you with a lv 6 gem with -5sp).

Alright, I fully understand now. Lastly, do you have an idea if roasting gem is always 100%? I tried to roast my gems 4x and it was all successful so I'm assuming that there is no chance of failing when roasting gems?

Thanks for your answer by the way, this was really helpful. Cheers man!
ImVeryJelly
Newcomer
Server: Klaipeda

Post by ImVeryJelly » June 16th, 2016, 4:39 am

Yea its 100%.
Otoroshi
Newcomer

Post by Otoroshi » June 16th, 2016, 9:50 am