Payment Method

Zalera
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+1

Re: Payment Method

Post by Zalera » November 1st, 2014, 10:10 pm

f2p is always at risk from the future cash items, so I'd rather buy the game (and expansions ?) once without additional costs :panic:
also known as Adramelk :gawi:
Icystare
Wiki Manager
Timezone: GMT -5
Favorite Class: Pardoner

Post by Icystare » November 1st, 2014, 10:39 pm

All I ask for from IMC is permanent outfits and the ability to dye them.
Mr.Nova
Donator
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Mr.Nova » November 2nd, 2014, 1:06 am

Icystare wrote:All I ask for from IMC is permanent outfits and the ability to dye them.
+1 :lv:
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel
Rosenakahara
Apprentice

Post by Rosenakahara » November 2nd, 2014, 2:08 am

Mr.Nova wrote:
Icystare wrote:All I ask for from IMC is permanent outfits and the ability to dye them.
+1 :lv:
+10
Zalera
Apprentice

Post by Zalera » November 2nd, 2014, 3:37 pm

we all know by now that sooner or later the cash items will become something more than just good/different looking features. :gg:
Icystare
Wiki Manager

Post by Icystare » November 2nd, 2014, 3:59 pm

Matters not, as long as I have those cash features I'm set to throw my money at them.
Zalera
Apprentice

Post by Zalera » November 14th, 2014, 11:39 am

so, Nexon Korea took the business management of tos.
does this mean it's gonna be f2p? or anyway will depend on the companies which locally will handle the different areas? :hmm:
Icystare
Wiki Manager

Post by Icystare » November 15th, 2014, 3:39 pm

Since Nexon KR picked it up it's 100% that's going to be F2P, other regions will follow since Nexon as a whole prides itself as the top F2P company in the world. I guarantee you that if they went sub-based a lot of people will be fucking pissed off as hell and Nexon has shot them self in both foot while thoroughly amputated their two legs and arm afterwards.
Zalera
Apprentice

Post by Zalera » November 16th, 2014, 3:22 am

No idea to feel happy or sad about having f2p game. But at least this means it will be straight in their interest to keep the game interesting and updated, players must enjoy the game all the time or they wont pay for extra items. maybe it's better than b2p after all. :$:
Rosenakahara
Apprentice

Post by Rosenakahara » November 16th, 2014, 11:51 am

Zalera wrote:No idea to feel happy or sad about having f2p game. But at least this means it will be straight in their interest to keep the game interesting and updated, players must enjoy the game all the time or they wont pay for extra items. maybe it's better than b2p after all. :$:
No it really isnt, there is less incentive to keep the game updated when a game is f2p as you can just shill out old cosmetic gear and still make the same amount of money, devs can get lazy really easily (look at tera)
Kylextazy
Newcomer
Timezone: GMT +8
Favorite Class: Fencer
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Post by Kylextazy » November 16th, 2014, 12:58 pm

IMHO, F2P can bite your ass with OP items or usually, bonuses that will propel you so far forward, the ones playing for free will take time to catch up with you.

Subscription based will more or less cater the ones who can actually pay for the game = less younger players (no hate, just saying; I started playing RO when I was 9). Its like carding but not really in a sense.

B2P, I have no idea since I havent played games that needed payment for expansion sets.

More on F2P, AuraKingdom was F2P amirite? They had like booster packs that cost higher every other bonus you get (which scales 'okay'). Dragon Nest was also F2P but the game had items that were limited/ held because of trading issues, you need to seal them (cash items) before other players could trade and use them, also some items were limited to being sealed 5x then you're stuck with it forever.

Tl;dr F2P is the best way to market the game and earn $_$ (pretty hats and costumes) :$: , S2P will be super decent but it might look like filtering out players. :x
Zalera
Apprentice

Post by Zalera » November 16th, 2014, 3:04 pm

@ rose
you got a point i guess :oops:

well let's cross fingers for tos.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » November 16th, 2014, 5:09 pm

I thin B2P is worse regarding developers not adding new content because they won't earn money by adding new content. P2P is probably the best model beause the developers really need to add enough content so that people will keep paying but it's quite unrealistic for smaller games with this huge amount of F2P games. F2P was probably the only model that made sense for imcGAMES, and we have to hope that they will handle it well what definetly is possible.
owlmanatt
Newcomer

Post by owlmanatt » December 12th, 2014, 8:11 am

Well, if the barracks does turn out to be a thing you upgrade, maybe this will be like GW2 -- B2P with a few character slots, and a cash shop selling additional char slots + cosmetics + misc sort-of-useful items?
Reiter
Beginner

Post by Reiter » December 12th, 2014, 9:43 pm

I'll always prefer a subscription method since it can't be abused or misused to give players an advantage. However, there's a significant difference in profit for IMC this way. It's almost certainly going to be free to play, and we can only have faith in IMC and the western publisher to put the game's longevity over it's profit margin.
magnificentchaos
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT +5

Post by magnificentchaos » December 21st, 2014, 8:14 pm

Based on my previous experiences with MMO's, I have found that F2P w/cash shoppe tends to work the best for me.

I like having the option to purchase extra items from the shoppe to improve my gameplay experience (exp boosters, cosmetic items, etc.), but also having the chance to enjoy the game without any of these perks. F2P MMO's that also provide cash shoppe items as prizes for participation in events, help to even the field with the individuals who are unable to or wish not to make purchases.

As long as the cash shoppe does not cause a serious imbalance, then there should not be an issue.
:no1:

My second choice would be B2P. Like GW2, it is a nice one time fee with optional cash shoppe. There are pretty consistent updates, new events, and the development team stays involved. There is not a noticeable imbalance, and it allows many people to be able to enjoy the game without putting in any additional funds.

As far as P2P goes.... I think that creates an unfair advantage, more so than OP cash shoppes. The younger audience is less likely to be able to enjoy the action, and those of us who work, have kids (sports, field trips, band, etc.) and pay bills, may not always be able to budget for a monthly subscription fee... Also, depending on what is happening in my life at a particular moment, I may not be able to get my subscription fee worth every month due to attending events, travel, etc.
:wah:

Did somebody say "Cookies"?
chenner
Newcomer

Post by chenner » January 8th, 2015, 12:52 am

do you guys reckon that Nexon manage TOS worldwide?
Icystare
Wiki Manager

Post by Icystare » January 8th, 2015, 12:57 am

The possibility is almost 100% considering imcGAME signed with Nexon for their release in Korea.
Bluegale
Translator
Timezone: UTC+09:00

Post by Bluegale » January 8th, 2015, 4:14 am

As Icystare has put already, I'm also more than 100% sure that the game will be F2P and Nexon would be publishing the game worldwide.
As all of you already know... Nexon is notorious for making random boxes (which I detest... speaking of which, Mabinogi Heroes (=Vindictus) just released another random boxes and people are pouring money for them like fireflies).

But then again, if you have strong fortitude to refrain yourself from buying all those cash items.... then F2P is actually a great method to play games.
So you might ask... "do you have the strong will?" and my answer would be... ah... um...... maybe? :hmm:
tsum tsum*
Rothene
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT +10

Post by Rothene » January 8th, 2015, 4:50 am

My will is strong...unless the cash shop items involve expanding stash item slots for my hoarding tendencies.