What would you like to have added to the game.

Reiter
Beginner

Re: What would you like to have added to the game.

Post by Reiter » December 7th, 2014, 10:13 am

Flash wrote:
Reiter wrote:Housing. Or guild housing areas, perhaps instanced.

I hate instances, and I hate things being cross "instance" (world 1- world 15). However, I see a LOT of potential in ToS's social aspects. The game is too gorgeous not to have some customizable space, and on top of that, RPers would have a field day with housing.
Some kind of house will be available in Tree of Savior. The houses are called Barracks (check the wiki page).
Thanks for linking this, I'm super excited to see this is being implemented :)
Ayleen wrote:
I hate instances, and I hate things being cross "instance" (world 1- world 15).
You hate, waw that a strong word. As far as my knowledge of the game goes if you really hate it, i m not sure you ll like how it goes. It s not gonna be as close as a C9 for exemple, but looks like it ll be close to as elsword w/ field.

If you really hate instance and instanced content in general maybe you ll enjoy more something like black desert.
Hate may be a strong word, but I can defend its use. Black Desert looks interesting, but I'm not hopeful it will see the light of day in the west. Regardless, instancing (or more specifically "shards"), in my opinion means the game was inherently designed incorrectly. I don't play a Massively Multiplayer Online game to roll the dice and see if I'll even land in a shard with players. Albeit you can almost always change your instance. On top of that, you cheapen the worth of the environment/setting when it has 10+ different incarnations. You end up with a trading one, a pvp one, a social one, SO many empty ones.. it's pointless now that we all, generally, have much stronger internet connections than the days these systems were put in place. I can only imagine shards and instancing, including zone instancing, was used to reduce lag whether it be network or GPU strain in the old days. We don't need it to be that way anymore, especially not with an isometric MMO that's being released in 2015.
Ayleen
Apprentice

Post by Ayleen » December 7th, 2014, 9:08 pm

i think you get it wrong mate, i m not arguing on if it s good or not to be open world etc... I m just giving you what the game gonna offer so far and from what i know. You are totally free to hate it and i m good with it.

Was still interesting to read anyhow. Just to clarify Black desert will almost certainly come sooner in the west than ToS, just by the fact BD already have a western publisher and ToS don t. I m saying almost because we all know what happen to B&S and his publisher right. So you never know...
Hey all, i m looking for a competitive guild. PvP and mostly arena but i like doing everything, PvE also when it s challenging.
Reiter
Beginner

Post by Reiter » December 9th, 2014, 6:19 am

Ayleen wrote:i think you get it wrong mate, i m not arguing on if it s good or not to be open world etc... I m just giving you what the game gonna offer so far and from what i know. You are totally free to hate it and i m good with it.

Was still interesting to read anyhow. Just to clarify Black desert will almost certainly come sooner in the west than ToS, just by the fact BD already have a western publisher and ToS don t. I m saying almost because we all know what happen to B&S and his publisher right. So you never know...
Fair enough, I'll just continue hoping instanced are limited at best ;p. Glad to hear Black Desert may get released yet.
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » December 28th, 2014, 11:29 pm

I would like to see a few quests that make you "Think" or dungeons that feel like "Link to the past" :lv: After all, it already has the prefect view to do that :P (like the Zelda sneaking in to some place without being seen type thing :ok: ). I just don't want anything handed to me. I want to feel like I achieved something in game. The achievements in most games right now are worthless... It doesnt have to be hard but I want it to take me a while to get what ever it is I'm trying to get... just enough to be like "woot! That was so worth it" :pif: :D

I think as long as it finds a middle ground of hardcore and casual, I think I would be very happy.
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.