What would you like to have added to the game.

sunplate
Newcomer
Guild: Wicked Wonderland
Timezone: Central Standard

What would you like to have added to the game.

Post by sunplate » September 2nd, 2014, 6:55 pm

The idea is in the title it is what you would like to see added to ToS.

Some of the things I would like to see is maybe the ability for a character to learn multiple classes and switch from one to another based on what is needed at the time (would need a decent cool down otherwise would be op) and I would like so see a plague doctor costume so I can make my Necromancer that much creepier.

With that said what would you guys like to see.
Vrenna
Apprentice

Re: What would you like to have added to the game.

Post by Vrenna » September 2nd, 2014, 8:02 pm

A "This is not RO" Tag in the main menu.
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Post by Goldmind » September 2nd, 2014, 9:56 pm

Quests that have memorable characters (NPCs).

Preferably, a chain of quests that build up into an awesome adventure so that you actually FEEL like ToS is an immersive world and not just an MMO with pretty fairy-book graphics.
avantius
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Centurion

Post by avantius » September 3rd, 2014, 3:10 am

Actually dangerous open-world fields. Not the type of the copy-pasta MMO's of nowadays where mobs are grouped up in certain areas and you're pretty much free to avoid them or pick a fight at your leisure. Perhaps mobs that actually hunt/track players, roam(not this waddle in a regular spawning area), and maybe even ambush players having them go :omg:

Would also help to give more party-cohesion, getting to a dangerous place is an ordeal itself you want to see through to the end with your party. Quite a fan of actual survival-play. xD
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » September 3rd, 2014, 5:13 am

I think sunplate's idea is already in the game (no switching process required though) while avantius's is sort of also, if the party ventures out really far. But take it with a grain of salt.
Desperate for 1 key.
cholo
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by cholo » September 3rd, 2014, 9:12 am

if headgears are purely for the aesthetics, i would like to imagine that there would be some sort of separate journal/bag for fashion. with probably hundreds of headgears, it would be convenient to have a portable storage for cosmetics so that you wouldn't have to carry the headgears together with regular equipment. it'd be nice to be able to switch through a large variety of headgears whenever you'd like to, regardless of where you're at.

i also hope they add channels to servers. i think it's safe to assume that cbt will be crowded. combat looks smooth in the videos, but that's only with 1-3 people or so in the area. it could get pretty chaotic with multitudes of people in the same field.

sorry for getting a little off-topic here.
do ya'll think there will be an anti-ks system?
i'm also unsure about this, but will there be certain maps that are exclusive to you and your party (like boss maps), and closed off to everyone else? or will maps primarily be based on a open-to-all concept similar to ro and its bosses.

i've already been blown away by the uniqueness in many classes, no question. however, i'm still looking forward to reading about new possibilities that i would have never even fathomed. personally, i enjoy the initial confusion of when i come across something like "dievdirbys," and my immediate thought is "wtf?" as i sit there trying to pronounce it correctly. the idea of imc implementing 80+ classes still amazes me.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » September 3rd, 2014, 1:42 pm

there will be some instanced dungeons for raids etc.
Icystare
Wiki Manager
Timezone: GMT -5
Favorite Class: Pardoner

Post by Icystare » September 3rd, 2014, 2:16 pm

Actually dangerous open-world fields. Not the type of the copy-pasta MMO's of nowadays where mobs are grouped up in certain areas and you're pretty much free to avoid them or pick a fight at your leisure. Perhaps mobs that actually hunt/track players, roam(not this waddle in a regular spawning area), and maybe even ambush players having them go
^ You don't even know how much I want this. AFKing out in the field with no worries? No.

I personally want them to implement a housing with some kind of in-depth crafting system for decorations or provide some in game services/utility within them. Really I just want a place in game I can call my own (besides making a guild.)
Radiacity
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC -4

Post by Radiacity » September 25th, 2014, 4:36 am

I would want an interesting and updating storyline. It just makes playing the game much more fun and interesting. You can even have it so that the community themselves can dictate a part of the storyline.
Death.... is but a new beginning
chenner
Newcomer

Post by chenner » October 29th, 2014, 3:14 am

I'd like:

1. A world which is dynamic (things change) and a sense of adventure/danger when traversing maps
2. Player created safe areas/zones in wilderness areas where communities can form
3. A player having to explore a town/area first before being able to teleport to certain areas
4. Memorable challenge/optional boss fights that need clever team work, communication and dodging of aoes to beat
Rosenakahara
Apprentice

Post by Rosenakahara » October 29th, 2014, 3:00 pm

avantius wrote:Actually dangerous open-world fields. Not the type of the copy-pasta MMO's of nowadays where mobs are grouped up in certain areas and you're pretty much free to avoid them or pick a fight at your leisure. Perhaps mobs that actually hunt/track players, roam(not this waddle in a regular spawning area), and maybe even ambush players having them go :omg:

Would also help to give more party-cohesion, getting to a dangerous place is an ordeal itself you want to see through to the end with your party. Quite a fan of actual survival-play. xD
so much this, actually this was one of the reasons i hated FFXIV ARR so much, overworld was way too easy.

also please dont make EVERYTHING instanced, cause thats boring
Iden
Apprentice

Post by Iden » October 29th, 2014, 4:35 pm

+1 for no instancing. Although it gives everyone an equal chance to farm the bosses and what else, it really roots out competition and more importantly interaction between players/parties/guilds.

I also hope the leveling will be focused on killing monsters, and that monsters actually drop useful stuff on all levels. The linear leveling of "kill x amount of y, gather this many of that, take this item here and there" repeated throughout the game kills the exploring and easily makes map and monster diversity meaningless.

Another thing is the scaling of equipment and character power. I hate how in most MMORPGs nowadays there seems to be a huge jump in power in the later/last level and the endgame is just staring at each others ilvls when forming parties. Smacking around the RO card again but it was great how you didn't need to be a 99 high priest with optimum min-maxed stats and 1 billion worth of gear, a lvl 80 priest was perfectly fine for a lot of stuff.

edit:
just noticed there's a mention about potion cd in the latest patch notes, ew. It's a restriction I've never understood. If people want to facetank by blowing all their currency on pots, why not let them. And when it comes to cooldowns, they can be bad on skills as well. casting times are a lot better option in my opinion. Powerful self-buffs and the like are different of course, but then again a 5 minute cd on a weakish self-heal or 10% damage buff that lasts for 5 secs is shitty design..

I see a lot of dreamcrushing mechanics they have implemented :shy:
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » October 29th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Well I personally prefer (small) cooldown on pots like 5-10 seconds. This still allows players to use them as a strategy to fight harder monsters for better loot / exp but stops extreme use of potions. For me being able to use like 5 potions per seconds by spamming a button (or using a macro) is not realistic and not a real strategy that requires skill. Finding a way to play so you can survive long enough against the monsters you are fighting so that you can use your potions is much more fun for me. It also makes the start a little more balanced. I never really liked the fact that you could kill Spores as Level 1 Novice by spamming way to many potions to be extreme fast. So as long as using potions is still a valid and useful strategy for some classes I'm fine with a cooldown.
avantius
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Centurion

Post by avantius » October 29th, 2014, 6:50 pm

I agree on the pots keeping (low) CD's to prevent spam-pot-tanking, really did make it kinda silly that you could tank as much as pots you could carry with you unless you got 1HKO'd (which if happened you totally deserved it, heh).

Another feature that would be nice that was also in RO, was ranking systems, but i'd like more meaningful ranking systems. The taekwon ranking system was quite interesting as the top taekwons would want to stay ranked and actively have to compete against other would-be-rankers to keep their strength. Similarly with alchemist potions and to some extent blacksmith weapons, but I feel ranking BS's got heavily overshadowed later on with pretty much everyone using BG/carded weapons.

With the recent patch notes we got about "Pirate Gangs", it made me wonder if that could be a sort of ranking system (King of Pirates anyone?! haha :heh:).

Also with the necromancers and sorcerers being able to get "pets" via boss-cards, I wonder if they could make an interesting, mmmm, "competed" scenario every certain amount of time to get a timed-unique boss-card, essentially say, every week up to X amount of people can get certain boss card, and if they want to keep it, they have to compete over it again.
Iden
Apprentice

Post by Iden » October 29th, 2014, 7:38 pm

Well, when you were partying the pots were only a backup anyway, it was safety wall/steel body/devotion+heals. I can see your point, I just don't agree :meh:
Rosenakahara
Apprentice

Post by Rosenakahara » October 30th, 2014, 9:38 pm

something else i would seriously love to be added (semi-joke): a soundtrack that is actually interesting, i cannot tell you how many times i have played mmos on mute cause the soundtracks were either incredibly bland or fiercely disconnected from the scene that was going on. in contrast whenever i played FFXIV 1.0-1.23 (aka the lesser of two evils) i actually enjoyed the soundtrack variation enough to keep it.......then all the good tracks got replaced in ARR or moved to the endgame...

Also INTERESTING bosses, if im going to be running a certain boss a few times for whatever reason i better have fun doing it, simple bosses are good for newbies and all but when 95% of your game is this i have literally no reason to get invested in your plot or world as it is not trying to make me think nor make these big bad guys a threat as i know i can either roflstomp them or know they are just a hp soak in which case i don't care. (this is aimed at almost every post-wow mmo)

^that is not organized in the best way, what im trying to say is this is a video game, the game-play compliments the story and vice versa, if one if weak it can sour my enjoyment of the other.

oh and one other thing modern mmo games get wrong:encourage teamwork for once please, dont make the game soloable and no duty finder please :(
tandorian
Newcomer
Timezone: +7 GMT

Post by tandorian » November 4th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Of course an interactive gameplay and interesting storyline to follow...
Antilag game sure we need it...
Friendly interface... Easy to search friends, team members, guild mates... Easy to chat with others... Emoticons for spesific relationship... Relationship systems (Friends, Lover, Soulmate, Spouse, Siblings, etc)...
Same-sex Marriage system sure will attract a lot of gay gamers too...
Rosenakahara
Apprentice

Post by Rosenakahara » November 5th, 2014, 12:37 am

tandorian wrote: Same-sex Marriage system sure will attract a lot of gay gamers too...
You realize that FFXIV is like one of the only big mmos to ever restrict marriage based on gender right? or was. besides im gay and marriage really doesn't matter to me at all, so unless all other lesbians stick to exclusively gay people things i seriously doubt that matters much
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Post by Goldmind » November 5th, 2014, 12:46 am

I hope there will be some kind of mini-games to play aside from questing, forging potions & equips, killing monsters, and grinding loot.

As far as I can remember - from all screenshots so far - we haven't been shown side activities. We can jump but ... I highly doubt the Devs would implement a mini-game using the jump feature.
Jetz
Beginner
Timezone: GMT+8

Post by Jetz » November 5th, 2014, 2:33 am

Quest that are harder for you to complete it solo. This will encourage player to get into party and interact with others more and maybe a guild hall that can have some decoration in it and a meeting hall for the guild members that will be doing raid to have some discussion before going into a boss raid and a mic feature while in a party.