Parties for CBT?

Sevic
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC - 5

Parties for CBT?

Post by Sevic » August 12th, 2014, 7:23 am

Hi again. I'd like to have a party somewhat figured out for whenever CBT comes out. Who's interested? I'll most likely be playing Linker for CBT. :slur:
Closed beta tester for first ToS iCB!
Iden
Apprentice

Re: Parties for CBT?

Post by Iden » August 12th, 2014, 11:44 am

Assuming most of us get access to the CBT, I think there will be plenty of parties to choose from. People have already been talking about forming guilds as well.

If I'll get into CBT I'm probably just going to test multiple classes and figure out the mechanics, no serious grindan for me at that point.
Sevic
Apprentice

Post by Sevic » August 12th, 2014, 12:44 pm

Iden wrote:Assuming most of us get access to the CBT, I think there will be plenty of parties to choose from. People have already been talking about forming guilds as well.

If I'll get into CBT I'm probably just going to test multiple classes and figure out the mechanics, no serious grindan for me at that point.
I'm sure there will be plenty of parties to choose from as well, but I'm trying to have an idea of some people I may personally party with specifically in CB. It's fun to make friends early in a game and learn it together. :ok: I'm sure I'll end up testing multiple classes as well and learning the mechanics. :meh:
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » August 12th, 2014, 1:48 pm

I'm interested, but I live on the other side of the world. :wah:
Desperate for 1 key.
Sevic
Apprentice

Post by Sevic » August 12th, 2014, 2:26 pm

Laima wrote:I'm interested, but I live on the other side of the world. :wah:
That's fine, because I'm nocturnal and I basically keep the same hours as you. :heh: I woke up at 6pm yesterday and I'm still up from then. :gg:
Rothene
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT +10

Post by Rothene » August 12th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Probably test out an Oracle for CBT if I get into it. Best explorer class I presume XD
IgnisFlamma
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT+1

Post by IgnisFlamma » August 12th, 2014, 7:55 pm

Sounds like a good idea! Of course, I'll test a bunch of classes and I'm not sure if CBT will give us time for "serious grind"; in any case, I'd like a party, especially because I find much more fun to play MMOs in party than playing solo. Although it's sort of a "let down", I think no one is sure whether CBT will be available for the international community (i.e. outside Korea).
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Post by Goldmind » August 12th, 2014, 10:40 pm

I'm interested, so I'm in.

I am hoping there will be more Class introductions before CBT starts because I have not found a class I am strongly attracted to (for testing, and otherwise).

*crossing fingers for a Gunslinger-type class*
Zefreonnoerfez
Beginner

Post by Zefreonnoerfez » August 13th, 2014, 5:11 am

I'm on GMT+8, but count me in, maybe our playtimes will collide. I'll be making a sword-wielding Elementalist. :ok:
Last edited by Zefreonnoerfez on August 13th, 2014, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThisFeeling
Apprentice

Post by ThisFeeling » August 13th, 2014, 6:25 am

Er, call me crazy, but isn't CBT reserved for Korean residents only?
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
--Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the US (1809 - 1865)
cholo
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by cholo » August 13th, 2014, 6:36 am

ThisFeeling wrote:Er, call me crazy, but isn't CBT reserved for Korean residents only?
as far as i'm aware, only fgt was reserved for korean residents. cbt, i believe, will be international, but the server will be hosted in korea. think they said this somewhere. i think they'll have it set up like this to see how the server operates when people from around the world connect to the korean server.

edit; i found it.
Flash wrote:Update: imcGames released english versions of their latest blog entries:
Questions and Answers about TOS #2
Q) Okay so then, are you planning to have one server where all the users from all around the world connect at the same time? Will the international participants also be able to join CBT?
A) Right now, since we are preparing for CBT phase of the game, the servers for the test will be located in Korea initially. Therefore, we are going to test how stably the people who live far away from Korea play the game and based on the results we will gather from this test, we will decide whether we will add more physical servers to the other regions besides Korea.
again, this is speculation and i don't know how definitive this post is. but i interpreted it as them allowing people outside of korea to play on their servers for cbt.
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » August 13th, 2014, 7:54 am

Yeah, one of the main purposes of CBT is to figure out where they want the game to be published. I really hope that we won't lag in the Korean server so that it can double as the international server, but I guess that's not going to happen until the whole world gets free fiber. :sob:
Desperate for 1 key.
Sevic
Apprentice

Post by Sevic » August 13th, 2014, 9:20 am

Laima wrote:Yeah, one of the main purposes of CBT is to figure out where they want the game to be published. I really hope that we won't lag in the Korean server so that it can double as the international server, but I guess that's not going to happen until the whole world gets free fiber. :sob:
Yeah, that would suck if they only had an international server based in Korea. I am hoping that they have a few eastern servers in addition to an international server. For example, in Wakfu, I play the international server (not sure where it is based) as well as the North American server. More options would be perfect, but I suppose that will depend on the size of ToS's followings from different regions of the world.
Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Arec » August 15th, 2014, 10:15 pm

ThisFeeling wrote:Er, call me crazy, but isn't CBT reserved for Korean residents only?
Nope

Im looking forward to the chance to play and help everyone as much as possible! I decided to start out as Cataphract but if I dont like it, I may role a cleric.
M4zinkaiser
Newcomer

Post by M4zinkaiser » August 18th, 2014, 12:15 am

Count on me, by the way today the connection are much better so I HOPE a server just in korea is a "fine" experience also from us really far.

GMT+1 here ;) we should start separate thread to deal with regional parties :pif:
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » August 18th, 2014, 12:25 am

M4zinkaiser wrote:GMT+1 here ;) we should start separate thread to deal with regional parties :pif:
I just added a custom profile field "timezone" which should make this easier. This will be shown next to each users posts.
politank
Newcomer

Post by politank » August 20th, 2014, 4:22 am

count me in please. I'm asia ( vietnam ) . Hope there will be more servers other than korea we dont get lag :sob:
rippa87
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8 Martian Time

Post by rippa87 » August 21st, 2014, 6:40 am

M4zinkaiser wrote:Count on me, by the way today the connection are much better so I HOPE a server just in korea is a "fine" experience also from us really far.

GMT+1 here ;) we should start separate thread to deal with regional parties :pif:
Yep,that's quite true what M4zinkaiser said. With South Korean as the leading country in term of internet speed and reliability, I'm pretty sure we are ok. The problem now is to choose the best ISP in your own country. Usually the bottleneck are those guys. As for me, I'm ok with what I have at the moment...I usually play Hawken on Asia servers with no lag whatsoever.

And yeah, South East Asia players should have a thread for regional parties. Might as well think of a cool name for it. :ok:
Kago
Beginner
Timezone: +5:30 GMT

Post by Kago » August 26th, 2014, 8:09 pm

i am interested too i hope i get into CBT though :P
emetherian
Apprentice
Guild: TBA
Timezone: GMT +8

Post by emetherian » August 27th, 2014, 5:33 am

:ok: That would be nice if prior to the CBT, every interested players might be able to select the same server (if there are several) and so they can meet up in-game.

I would love to get into the CBT too! :ag: If I dont have work at that time......
For the balance that I seek, that balance, shall start within me!