Character Attributes and Elements

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Character Attributes and Elements

Post by Flash » March 7th, 2014, 5:37 am

4NIA (Zero) translated a screenshot of the character attributes for treeofsavior.fr:

These attributes belong to a "Psychokinesist" which is some kind of Mage class. We can see that there will be 4 main stats (Power, Vitality, Spirit, Agility). Other than in RO1 it seems that the damage stat (Power) is the same for all classes. The other possibility would be that this character is a melee fighter.

The main Character Attributes are Hit Points, Spell Points, Damage, Critical Hit Chance, Attack Multiplier, Defense, Defense Multiplier and Evasion. We don't know yet how these Multipliers will work. We also see Elemental ATK on this screenshot. The elements that are listed are: Fire, Ice, Poison, Holy and Dark. The question right now is if these are all elements that exist in Tree of Savior, if these are the only Elements that are available as character attribute or if the elements depend on the class we choose.

What do you think about these stats and elements?
qwert628
Newcomer

Re: Character Attributes and Elements

Post by qwert628 » March 8th, 2014, 1:04 am

I sincerely hope they dont put that dablo3 resistance system in. i beg, plz no.
Nalchee
Newcomer

Post by Nalchee » May 24th, 2014, 10:47 am

The "Attack Multiplier" and "Defense Multiplier" should be translated to AoE (Area of Effect) Attack % and AoE Defense %.
Zaikuden
Apprentice

Post by Zaikuden » June 14th, 2014, 11:49 am

Does Agility affect the amount of damage a Archer does? or Power?
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » June 14th, 2014, 3:16 pm

it seems like "Power" will increase the attack damage of all classes. In the example we have a wizard class that has power and not spirit so I think archers will use power too. Agi will probably only affect dodge, speed and maybe crit.
Iden
Apprentice

Post by Iden » June 15th, 2014, 7:41 pm

I hope they'll explain how the stats actually work, they dodged that question pretty well in the most resent Q&A. Also 4 stats feels kinda few, and to bind attack damage to one stat that's same for every class is pretty dull in my opinion.
-Ugen-
Beginner
Timezone: +7

Post by -Ugen- » June 16th, 2014, 2:39 pm

Iden wrote:I hope they'll explain how the stats actually work, they dodged that question pretty well in the most resent Q&A. Also 4 stats feels kinda few, and to bind attack damage to one stat that's same for every class is pretty dull in my opinion.
I guess ToS team want you to go around maps and finding out some interesting stuffs by yourself . I agree with you that 4 stats are too few, it may limit build-style for each class.
By the way, who want to make a party for CBT :D
Get ready !!!
Zaikuden
Apprentice

Post by Zaikuden » June 16th, 2014, 7:51 pm

-Ugen- wrote: I guess ToS team want you to go around maps and finding out some interesting stuffs by yourself . I agree with you that 4 stats are too few, it may limit build-style for each class.
Sure, I'll be the Cleric.
If CBT is obtainable outside korea. :(
-Ugen-
Beginner
Timezone: +7

Post by -Ugen- » June 18th, 2014, 7:17 am

Zaikuden wrote:
-Ugen- wrote: I guess ToS team want you to go around maps and finding out some interesting stuffs by yourself . I agree with you that 4 stats are too few, it may limit build-style for each class.
Sure, I'll be the Cleric.
If CBT is obtainable outside korea. :(
I'll be Warrior or Wizard.
With a lot of fans around the word of Ragnarok online, i'm sure that they will release international server, so don't worry be happy :lol:
Get ready !!!
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » June 18th, 2014, 10:07 am

Pyromancer here, will play support or crowd control if its skills allow. Basically, the typical damage dealing role will be my last resort.
Desperate for 1 key.
Ruvian
Beginner

Post by Ruvian » June 18th, 2014, 11:50 pm

I'll probably be going in the cleric direction.
Laima wrote:Pyromancer here, will play support or crowd control if its skills allow. Basically, the typical damage dealing role will be my last resort.

I'm with you, I'll be playing almost anything but the run of the mill damage dealer.
Dwarfurious
Beginner

Post by Dwarfurious » July 15th, 2014, 9:25 pm

What element does a class like chronomancer or the pshyke one use? Because i see no Earth element, but that might just mean Earth deals physical damage and doesnt use that stat, which would be cool. I really hope they have an earth mage.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » July 15th, 2014, 10:11 pm

Well we only had one screenshot that had some elements in it so maybe we will see other elements and if not those attacks will probably non elemental / have oder elements. I don't think that there would be a good element for Chronomancer attacks.
Laima
Apprentice

Post by Laima » July 21st, 2014, 10:43 am

I'm pretty sure that the screenshot already lists all the elements, and I agree that everything else will be non-elemental. Though, that doesn't stop them from making attacks that seem elemental, e.g. lightning strikes from the first video.
Desperate for 1 key.
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Post by Goldmind » August 9th, 2014, 4:57 am

Flash wrote: Image
The elements that are listed are: Fire, Ice, Poison, Holy and Dark. The question right now is if these are all elements that exist in Tree of Savior, if these are the only Elements that are available as character attribute or if the elements depend on the class we choose.

What do you think about these stats and elements?

I really hope those 5 aren't all of the elements.

Having playing RO for so long, I would rather prefer seeing at least twice as much. However, if I had to give my interpretation of the image, I would say they could be the "main elements". Sleep, stun, stoned, freeze, burn, etc etc could be something like a "sub-element" which is why not everything is shown on that player window. I don't know.
Laima
Apprentice

Post by Laima » August 9th, 2014, 5:20 am

Err, even in other games, status effects generally aren't treated as sub-elements and generally appear with buffs/debuffs rather than in the stats window. Not saying the rest of your point isn't valid though.
Desperate for 1 key.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 9th, 2014, 9:14 am

I agree that 5 elements seem to be too less especially if you have 80 classes. I hope that there will be more elements however I think even only 5 elements won't be too bad and I could live with it.
Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Arec » August 9th, 2014, 8:18 pm

where is wind and earth? D: why ice? why not water?
Vrenna
Apprentice

Post by Vrenna » August 9th, 2014, 8:48 pm

Honestly, that ammount of elements is totally reasonable.
It feels like it's related to types of energies or how you deal with energy itself, and not different elemental "natures".
That ammount is like the minimum for it. You get Fire for energy increasing, Ice for energy removing, Poison for biological things, Light and Dark for the "sides of the force".
That's totally all what you need, anything else like Water, Wind, Earth, Lightning are somehow redundant:

Lightning is totally a high speed high concentrated energy, fire works for that.
Wind and Earth are usually just like slashing and blunt weapons respectively, you have physical attacks for that.
Water is a lame element, it's either a spell with water that uses it as a smashing or slicing attack (again, you already have physical for that), or it's literally Ice.
No complaints for that system.
Goldmind wrote: Having playing RO for so long, I would rather prefer seeing at least twice as much. However, if I had to give my interpretation of the image, I would say they could be the "main elements". Sleep, stun, stoned, freeze, burn, etc etc could be something like a "sub-element" which is why not everything is shown on that player window. I don't know.[/color][/b]
Except that this isn't Ragnarok Online, neither it is supposed to be it, neither it is supposed to be a sequel, never forget that.
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Post by Goldmind » August 9th, 2014, 8:58 pm

Vrenna wrote: Except that this isn't Ragnarok Online, neither it is supposed to be it, neither it is supposed to be a sequel, never forget that.
Yes, I know this isn't RO nor is it supposed to be. I'm just saying that it is what I would prefer while all of this speculation is still in the air.