Things I learned in KCBT

Shake
Newcomer

Things I learned in KCBT

Post by Shake » August 4th, 2015, 5:04 am

Hey guys, I have a KCBT account and logged a pretty good number of hours over the last few days. With ICBT coming out tomorrow I figured I'd post some stuff I learned to try to help people have an easier experience with the game and avoid some of the issues I ran into. I played swordsman to 71, so my class specific info will only be about swordsman.

General tips:

1. Keep an eye out for blue glowing mobs. They can be any mob type and look normal but are colored blue and pulsate. They give A TON of exp when killed, not sure the exact value. I killed one at level 15 and got 7 or 8 levels instantly. At level 60+ they only give around 1 level.
2. Don't be afraid to buy potions. Regaining exp while resting is quite slow. It's much more effecient to stock up on potions and pop them as necessary so you don't have to spend a lot of time resting.
3. Every time you go to town, visit your classes master NPC and start learning an attribute that has a longer learn duration.
4. Upgrade your weapons. Using the anvil item which is purchaseable from the consumable vendor in Klaipeda you can upgrade your gear. Weapons get substantial damage upgrades and I recommend trying to get each weapon you use to +4 or +5 depending on your money situation.
5. Party up! Party grinding is a lot more efficient than soloing especially if you have a good composition. Linkers and clerics are both extremely useful.
6. Stats: This is just my opinion, but I think DEX is probably the best stat in the game for most classes. Your damage doesnt seem to scale that well from INT or STR, but DEX can get you massive increases in crit chance. I'm not sure exactly how the stat works, if your crit change is dependant on your dex relative to your level, or if theres DR on it, but I've seen korean players around level 60 who said they went COMPLETELY DEX and watching them fight it looks like they have crit chances around 90% which is kind of insane for a level 60. If dex gives you flat crit % independent of level, you can probably get to whatever the cap is by getting maybe 80 or 90 dex and then dump into other stats as necessary. I haven't tested this myself, so if you guys figure it out better in ICBT please post about it!
7. Use your Klaipeda Warpstone to get back to town. You get this item relatively early on and its basically a hearthstone or free return scroll. Use it to get back to town when you can, and try to keep a few Klaipeda warp scrolls on you in case of emergency
8. Save exp cards for when you're low on HP/Mana and close to leveling. If you can use your cards when you're really low it can level you up and save potions/rest time. It can also save you in a boss fight.
9. Use the auctionhouse to gear up. The AH is a little buggy, but if your gear isn't keeping up to your level and you arent getting good drops, try buying some from the AH or other players.

Swordsman Specific:
1. GAMEBREAKING: The quest to advance to Swordsman circle 3 is bugged (at least for me) I'd advise not going for circle 3 swordsman because it forced me to remake my character since I couldn't advance and couldn't repick another class to advance to.
2. Swordsman - Highlander - Barbarian is probably going to be an insane build for DPS. Highlander has an attribute that increases your crit atk stat (the stat that determines crit damage) by 50% when using a 2h Sword. That attribute is insane and will continue to be massive into high levels because its a % based attribute. Barbarian has Aggressor: The last attack, another crazy attribute that increases your crit atk by 175% of your phys attack. This bonus is then further increased by the highlander 50% attribute. The result is INSANE crit damage. I think the ability aggressor lowers your crit change more and more as you level it so it may be best to leave it at level 1, but the ability is not translated on the english patch in KCBT so I'm not sure. Either way this build will do insane damage. I think going almost entirely dex for the first 60-70 levels is probably the best stat build for it. I saw several koreans using it and hitting 90-95% crits so I assume its pretty popular among koreans. My unbuffed critical attack on my level 71 with 51 Str and 57 dex is 76. When I pop aggressor it goes up to 594... It's pretty ridiculous...
3. Gung ho and concentrate both seem pretty bad because they don't scale. With gung ho at level 5 you get +20 phys damage but it doesnt increase as you level so its going to be pretty insignificant at higher levels, same with concentrate. I think its probably best to level thrust, bash, and pain barrier unless you plan on getting circle 2/3 swordsman, but that doesn't seem like it can compete with highlander barbarian right now. I really hope they change abilities to scale more because I can't see some abilities having any use after level 100 or so.

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer what I can.
Myoron
Beginner

Re: Things I learned in KCBT

Post by Myoron » August 4th, 2015, 5:56 am

Thanks for the info :!: :thx: i hope they change Gung ho and concentrate somehow.
Milamber
Newcomer

Post by Milamber » August 4th, 2015, 7:29 am

Welp that sounds really stronk... I guess this means my hoplite build centered on Finestra max will be quite sub-par, being as there are no crit damage passives to be seen on toswiki(are there any for hoplite?).

Also, can abilities crit?
Fayte
Beginner
Guild: Aistra
Timezone: EST
Favorite Class: Templar
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: PGN

Post by Fayte » August 4th, 2015, 7:55 am

A lot was changed.

Blue mobs don't seem to exist anymore, instead there are larger named mobs that give 10x exp, so everythings more balanced.

As for stat scaling I'll give an example:

With 40 int I did around 320 damage with Zaibas on Krivis
With 100 int I did around 480 damage with Zaibas.
The scaling seems to be bad around 40/50.

The game suggests hybridization, I suggest getting 40/50 in your damaging stat (int/str), then you can decide to go for dex/con depending on build/class.

20 spirit might be okay too.

Around 200 you'll have more than 200 stats to distribute from statues and the main quest. I'd say 250ish maybe more.
Courtis
Donator
Guild: Majestic

Post by Courtis » August 4th, 2015, 10:19 am

Thanks for the useful info :no1:
Razbern
Newcomer

Post by Razbern » August 4th, 2015, 12:56 pm

"Aggressor: The last attack" really does not have anything to do with a last attack or something of the sort? Does it just straight up buffs every physical critical attack and works with every type of weapon?

By the way, do attributes' maximum levels depend on the current circle of a class? I mean, could a circle 1 Barbarian max out those added effects attributes without having to be circle 2 or 3; or do higher circles of the class actually unlock some more levels for certain attributes? (It seems that there are "scaling" type attributes only available for higher circles, but those appear to only affect one specific active damaging skill per attribute, "Embowel: Enhance 2" for example)
Last edited by Razbern on August 4th, 2015, 2:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wernon
Beginner

Post by Wernon » August 4th, 2015, 1:24 pm

I heard there was a maximum cap for stats, can anyone confirm this?

Oh and thanks for this information, it will be put to good use.
Shake
Newcomer

Post by Shake » August 4th, 2015, 2:53 pm

@Milamber: Abilities can crit. I'm not sure how strong hoplite will be as I didn't test it. My impression from looking through its abilities and passives is that it probably won't be able to compete with highlander/barbarian. That said its probably still viable. Highlander-barbarian seems borderline broken.

@Fayte: Blue mobs do still exist, i ran into 4 of them over my time playing this week.

@Razbern: It doesn't have anything to do with your last attack, not really sure why they named it that. It basically makes your attacks a guaranteed hit (unblockable, can't miss, etc) at the cost of crit chance. The buff lasts 45 seconds if I remember correctly and has a 1 minute cooldown at level 1, ranking up the skill could give it a longer duration but as I said, its not translated correctly on the english patch and I think if you level up it might reduce your crit chance more which probably isn't worth it but I could be wrong. The buff itself is probably pretty bad, but the attribute makes it extremely strong. Attribute levels don't depend on your classes circle, but you do unlock new attributes at circle 2 and 3. The max attribute level for most ability changing attributes is 5, % damage increasing attributes for most attributes I assume go to 50. In KCBT there weren't any of the "Enhance 2/3" attributes that are listed on tosbase. There was just one enhance attribute for each damaging ability that you unlocked at whatever circle you got the ability itself.
Razbern
Newcomer

Post by Razbern » August 4th, 2015, 4:04 pm

That's some amazing information! Thank you very much for your reply ^w^
Shake
Newcomer

Post by Shake » August 4th, 2015, 4:52 pm

I was testing it more a few hours ago and it looks like aggressor actually increases your crit chance AND your crit damage. Not sure if its a bug because the description of the ability on tosbase and toswiki say it decreases crit chance. They could have changed it since last CBT but since the ability description in game isn't translated I'm not sure. Its definitely worth leveling up the ability to 5 now since it doesnt decrease crit chance and gives you a longer duration on the buff.
Fayte
Beginner
Guild: Aistra
Timezone: EST
Favorite Class: Templar
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: PGN

Post by Fayte » August 4th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Nvm got the patch wrong, blue mobs still exist, but now named mobs (with bonus exp) do as well, they also are harder to kill.
PrincessKurumi
Donator
Timezone: GMT/UTC+8 Singapore
Favorite Class: Alchemist

Post by PrincessKurumi » August 4th, 2015, 7:14 pm

Ic, I wanted to try out Archer, guess I'll have to read up more (: thanks for the heads up