The Four Goddesses

ThisFeeling
Apprentice

The Four Goddesses

Post by ThisFeeling » July 3rd, 2014, 5:24 pm

If there's any information on the four Goddesses in this game's story, I haven't seen it yet. My guess is that they disappeared because something much bigger came and corrupted them, and now the Goddess of Destiny, Laima, is giving humanity a way to bring them back, or possibly even kill them if need be.

It'd be cool if bringing them back meant having to fight them. Maybe they could be the endgame bosses, or the last bosses before the thing that corrupted them.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
--Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the US (1809 - 1865)
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Re: The Four Goddesses

Post by Laima » July 3rd, 2014, 6:22 pm

It's hinted that the reason for their disappearance has something to do with the appearance of the Tree. I doubt they're being corrupted, but who knows?

I think Giltine will be a main antagonist. There's a quest boss named Mirtis, another Lithuanian personification of death. Also, Giltine and Laima are sometimes depicted as sisters. There could be some interesting sibling rivalry, and then there's the deeper symbolic battle between Fate/Destiny and Death.
Desperate for 1 key.
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Post by Goldmind » August 9th, 2014, 9:33 pm

I wonder why there are only Goddesses but no Gods that seem to link to the holy tree ...?

I hope the devs release a bit more lore in the next few Q&As.
ThisFeeling
Apprentice

Post by ThisFeeling » August 9th, 2014, 10:50 pm

My guess is it's to appeal to the male gamer populace, much like how the Kafras were all female in Ragnarok Online (and, I heard, some of them were very "fan-servicey"). I looked through a list of Lithuanian deities, and there are many, many male gods they could use. I'd like to see them put Dievas in the game (the Zeus or Odin of the Lithuanian pantheon).
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
--Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the US (1809 - 1865)
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Post by Goldmind » August 9th, 2014, 11:05 pm

Ah, that does make sense. To appeal as a fan service kind of thing.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » August 10th, 2014, 12:00 am

They released 23 class images and only 6 of them are male. The only male concept art that was releases was because of a request:
Q) All female characters look pretty and cute. Can you also show a male character’s artwork?
A) Okay. I will show you a male NPC’s artwork.
So they definitely prefer to show female characters ^^
AEJung
Newcomer

Post by AEJung » August 10th, 2014, 12:02 am

There is some talk of Laima in the early NPC dialog. As well as vague origins of the giant tree.
Phonto
Newcomer

Post by Phonto » March 31st, 2016, 2:06 pm

ThisFeeling wrote:My guess is it's to appeal to the male gamer populace, much like how the Kafras were all female in Ragnarok Online (and, I heard, some of them were very "fan-servicey"). I looked through a list of Lithuanian deities, and there are many, many male gods they could use. I'd like to see them put Dievas in the game (the Zeus or Odin of the Lithuanian pantheon).
Hey,
I am from Lithuania and I noticed that you mentioned Dievas and said it's the same or similar to Odin or Zeus. Well it's not. Dievas in lithuanian literally means God (as in Catholic God), but there are god similar to Zeus or Odin in other religions. That god is named Perkūnas in lithuanian. Hope I cleared up misunderstanding :)