First CBT Day

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

First CBT Day

Post by Flash » April 22nd, 2015, 2:17 am

This first day of the CBT is over and the second day is going to start soon. I was able to play for some hours and wrote a little report which can be read here: 1st Day of CBT2

I also recorded many videos featuring an experimental english translation. I want to thank everyone who I working on the translation GitHub project because it was a very good source for my client translation and without them only a friction of the text would be translated. I'm planning to write news about every CBT day after it ended but if you want to be as quickly informed as possible you might want to check out the Forum or Chat.
Mr.Nova
Donator
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Favorite Class: Templar

Re: First CBT Day

Post by Mr.Nova » April 22nd, 2015, 2:27 am

Seems pretty interesting.

I wish I could help on translating, but I don't speak Korean so I wouldn't want to screw something up >.<

Seems like there's progress being made though

Nice work!
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 22nd, 2015, 2:40 am

I hope someone tries out the Controller option. I would love to hear how its panning out. Anyway, YAY for CBT2 :) One step closer and into my hands :)
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » April 22nd, 2015, 3:53 am

Star.E.Knight wrote:I hope someone tries out the Controller option. I would love to hear how its panning out. Anyway, YAY for CBT2 :) One step closer and into my hands :)
Swamp was playing with controller and I think he'll also upload his videos.
Mr.Nova
Donator
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Mr.Nova » April 22nd, 2015, 4:06 am

Flash wrote: Swamp was playing with controller and I think he'll also upload his videos.
Are all the videos on that youtube page your guys during the test?

I'll have to watch them this next week.
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel
Swamp
Apprentice
Guild: Collision
Timezone: CET

Post by Swamp » April 22nd, 2015, 5:35 am

i will uplod stuff to my channel too, so there are 2 channels being filled with content from us.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Swamp1337
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJLaNu ... yJF37aGZCQ
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 22nd, 2015, 5:45 am

@swamp Okay good. I did look at your channel earier but didnt see anything. You do use the controller right? How did you like the in game setup? Or do you think xpaddler would make it easier for me to set it up ny way?
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Sefrion
Beginner
Timezone: GMT+1

Post by Sefrion » April 22nd, 2015, 8:26 am

Ah, so lucky.
The game looks really good, can't wait to try it myself.

My korean not that great, doub't I'll be any help in translations.
And it would be very time consuming, to start with.
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » April 22nd, 2015, 9:23 am

I am playing the game with a controller, and i dont want to use a keyboard anymore.

they implemented the gamepad realy nice.

Kind regards
Gardosen
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
Albe
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+1

Post by Albe » April 22nd, 2015, 12:09 pm

Gardosen wrote:I am playing the game with a controller, and i dont want to use a keyboard anymore.

they implemented the keyboard realy nice.

Kind regards
Gardosen
The joypad is responsive? do you feel access to every quick-slot easy?

As soon as I have some spare time I'll watch all your videos! Ty all
Gardosen
Site Admin

Post by Gardosen » April 22nd, 2015, 4:05 pm

its pretty easy to handle it yes.

in generall you have different sets. each set contains the 4 buttons (on my xbox360xontroller its a b x y)

you just have to old one of the backbuttons or a combination of them(on my xbox360xcontroller its RB RT LB and LT)
and then the set which is connected to this button or the combination can be used.

its realy intuitive and pretty easy to use.
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
Swamp
Apprentice
Guild: Collision
Timezone: CET

Post by Swamp » April 22nd, 2015, 4:17 pm

yea its definitely better to play with a controller. It is really easy and you get used to it quickly too.

There are still some minor problems for me though, like walking on x or y axis is only a tiny space on the joystick while in between x and y takes up more space so its easy to walk diagonally.

While spamming the attack button and quickly changing the set to buff, i also noticed a few errors, i just didnt buff me but kept on attacking. ( attack and buff are on same key; i just needed to press ZL to access the buff )

Keep in mind that i am heavily lagging and that might cause some stuff too.

But in the end i would recommend using a controller to everyone.
Spadow
Newcomer

Post by Spadow » April 22nd, 2015, 6:56 pm

Thank you for uploading your videos. I can grab more context and thus provide a better and logical English translation in the Github repository.
vegax87
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT+1
Favorite Class: Wugushi

Post by vegax87 » April 22nd, 2015, 7:08 pm

Welcome on TosBase Spadow! If you don't know, he's another translator of Tree of Savior on GitHub repository :)
Gardosen
Site Admin

Post by Gardosen » April 22nd, 2015, 7:33 pm

Flash and me are also planing to start contributing now. ^^

i translated some uis today which where still korean(friendlist, marketplace, e.g.). i will check if i find the time to pull them tomorrow evening or even today.

with the OTC its realy Handy. imc did a good job on this. even when its still a little bit buggy on some points.

Kind regards
Gardosen
Spadow
Newcomer

Post by Spadow » April 22nd, 2015, 8:12 pm

vegax87 wrote:Welcome on TosBase Spadow! If you don't know, he's another translator of Tree of Savior on GitHub repository :)
Thank you. Yes, I am Sunaries on Github.
The repository is useful indeed. I do wish that IMCGAMES will release their new tool soon since it'll much more efficient for me. Right now, I'm just taking small bits, because playing the game while editing is much more motivating and rewarding.
Plus, when I edit a big file such as ETC or ITEM, editing takes forever because of the size. The response is slower.

There is still a lot of text and dialogue untranslated and mistranslated.
Albe
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+1

Post by Albe » April 23rd, 2015, 1:37 am

Anyway flash 60 fps on a korean localized cbt it's awesome :o
Spadow wrote:...because playing the game while editing is much more motivating and rewarding...
holy words.
There is still a lot of text and dialogue untranslated and mistranslated.
and I was thinking the same thing.... on this video despite the dedicated and much appreciated work on github many strings are yet to be translated, the translated ones are neat. ;)
Gardosen wrote:its pretty easy to handle it yes.

in generall you have different sets. each set contains the 4 buttons (on my xbox360xontroller its a b x y)

you just have to old one of the backbuttons or a combination of them(on my xbox360xcontroller its RB RT LB and LT)
and then the set which is connected to this button or the combination can be used.

its realy intuitive and pretty easy to use.
thanks but seems crafty :|

one more thing, at this point in the video in the safety zone description, one word is broken between two lines instead of being wholly moved on the new line... does this happen often while playing? just a detail but out of tune in a so tidy game.
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 23rd, 2015, 1:41 am

Swamp wrote:yea its definitely better to play with a controller. It is really easy and you get used to it quickly too.

There are still some minor problems for me though, like walking on x or y axis is only a tiny space on the joystick while in between x and y takes up more space so its easy to walk diagonally.

While spamming the attack button and quickly changing the set to buff, i also noticed a few errors, i just didnt buff me but kept on attacking. ( attack and buff are on same key; i just needed to press ZL to access the buff )

Keep in mind that i am heavily lagging and that might cause some stuff too.

But in the end i would recommend using a controller to everyone.
OHHHH YAY! thank you, you just made me happy to hear that.
Gardosen wrote:Flash and me are also planing to start contributing now. ^^

i translated some uis today which where still korean(friendlist, marketplace, e.g.). i will check if i find the time to pull them tomorrow evening or even today.

with the OTC its realy Handy. imc did a good job on this. even when its still a little bit buggy on some points.

Kind regards
Gardosen
Thank you so much for working on that :) and also thank you for your feedback as well :D
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 23rd, 2015, 1:46 am

Albe wrote: one more thing, at this point in the video in the safety zone description, one word is broken between two lines instead of being wholly moved on the new line... does this happen often while playing? just a detail but out of tune in a so tidy game.
Ewwwww, I saw that too and wanted to ask about that. That and when your translating, do you have to space at the end of that line to fix that or you just put it on the next line? cuz if you do have to space to make it work... I'm sure there will be a lot of those... and I know I'm obsessive compulsive enough to sit there and try to fix all of that instead of play the game T_T
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » April 23rd, 2015, 2:09 am

It should be possible to fix this wrapping issue by chaning the exe for imcGames. Manipulating the text might cause problems with different resolutions anyway.