CBT2 Tailer

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

CBT2 Tailer

Post by Flash » April 19th, 2015, 6:29 pm

imcGAMES uploaded the preview trailer for the 2nd CBT to their Youtube channel. The trailer shows some new classes like the falconer and also gamepad support.
vegax87
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT+1
Favorite Class: Wugushi

Re: CBT2 Tailer

Post by vegax87 » April 19th, 2015, 6:44 pm

it has been improved a lot since CBT1 :no1:

Good Job IMCGames!
Mr.Nova
Donator
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Mr.Nova » April 19th, 2015, 7:37 pm

This is just a personal thing, but the part where they're on the line bridge and the player model is floating in place rather than moving with the bridge kind of irks me.

Not sure why it can't be fixed with the bridge, since the model is 3d. If it was pixelated like Ragnarok I'd understand.

Pretty cool that the Falcon can pick people up and fly with them though. Doubt that it will be intended for movement. Probably just for combat.

Squire is really looking nice to me e.e Has some nice looking support perks.
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel
avantius
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Centurion

Post by avantius » April 19th, 2015, 7:56 pm

Combat in this trailer was looking quite more dynamic. :rice:

Edit: Was party-size increased to 7? as I could see 7 people in the centurion formation. Thought it was 5 before, although i'm not really sure anymore. :hmm:
Last edited by avantius on April 19th, 2015, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sentper
Beginner

Post by Sentper » April 19th, 2015, 8:05 pm

Mr.Nova wrote:Not sure why it can't be fixed with the bridge, since the model is 3d. If it was pixelated like Ragnarok I'd understand.
What's happening is that the character isn't "actually" on the moving platform, like you would be standing in real life. The platform has an invisible "grid" which determines where its collision is, and makes the player able to stand on it. This collision grid is actually completely flat, so it looks strange to see the platform shaking about while the character stands completely still. If it stayed completely immobile during the transition from one end to the other, it would look a little less vexing, though I imagine the animation for the platform itself would also seem a little awkward.

Believe it or not, though, to have something like a platform that can actually carry players instead of just presenting a pre-made animation for it (like most MMOs would do) is actually a pretty big deal.
faeo_mavklas
Apprentice
Guild: TBA
Timezone: -8
Favorite Class: Hackapell
Server: Klaipeda

Post by faeo_mavklas » April 19th, 2015, 11:56 pm

I'm really curious, what is that class at 1:10? I'm saying it's a quarrel shooter because of the shield and bow but Quarrel Shooters use only crossbows, right? And they shouldn't be able to mount. Hackapells use daggers and crossbows and they can mount but they use only crossbows though. Schwarzer Reiter? Since the term "rider" is included and that's probably the only class I can think of that use mounts and use a bow. Or does every class have the option to mount on a pet and attack? Anyways whatever that class is, it looks awesome.

Update!
Actually nevermind, I just read that some mounts are mountable and you can attack. It's gotta be one of the bow class that uses a shield. Not really one of the default archer mount type of class.
Last edited by faeo_mavklas on April 20th, 2015, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » April 20th, 2015, 12:05 am

I'm pretty sure it's a Schwarzer Reiter. It looks like the gif and the character is holding a pistol (You need to stop at the right moment to see it). this also confirm that they are indeed able to ride mounts.
faeo_mavklas
Apprentice
Guild: TBA
Timezone: -8
Favorite Class: Hackapell
Server: Klaipeda

Post by faeo_mavklas » April 20th, 2015, 12:11 am

Flash wrote:I'm pretty sure it's a Schwarzer Reiter. It looks like the gif and the character is holding a pistol (You need to stop at the right moment to see it). this also confirm that they are indeed able to ride mounts.
omg, how can I miss that lol
Mr.Nova
Donator

Post by Mr.Nova » April 20th, 2015, 12:51 am

Sentper wrote:What's happening is that the character isn't "actually" on the moving platform, like you would be standing in real life. The platform has an invisible "grid" which determines where its collision is, and makes the player able to stand on it. This collision grid is actually completely flat, so it looks strange to see the platform shaking about while the character stands completely still. If it stayed completely immobile during the transition from one end to the other, it would look a little less vexing, though I imagine the animation for the platform itself would also seem a little awkward.

Believe it or not, though, to have something like a platform that can actually carry players instead of just presenting a pre-made animation for it (like most MMOs would do) is actually a pretty big deal.
I understand what's going on, I just feel like if they can't sync up the movements, then just leave it immobile in transit. While it is interesting to see the animations they've put into it, it just feels 'off' when the character doesn't reflect that movement as well.
TOSBase Chat!
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 20th, 2015, 1:32 am

Sweet mother of god, controller support! That makes me so very happy. I'm sure it will gain a lot more followers with that change. That, and at the end, it looks like there is a cooking class. That also will make me happier. I may have to look again. But I'm sure that's cooking.
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Sentper
Beginner

Post by Sentper » April 20th, 2015, 2:54 am

Star.E.Knight wrote:Sweet mother of god, controller support! That makes me so very happy. I'm sure it will gain a lot more followers with that change. That, and at the end, it looks like there is a cooking class. That also will make me happier. I may have to look again. But I'm sure that's cooking.
That's Squire! Their cooking isn't anything we didn't know of from back at their recent introduction video!
They're able to repair their party's items and set up camps for them, as well. It's all really neat :ho:
Mr.Nova
Donator

Post by Mr.Nova » April 20th, 2015, 2:58 am

Yeah, that's kind of why I was thinking about Squire.

It seems like it would be a really good support class as far as benefits and such go.

I was thinking of setting up camps for the guild and such, seems like it would be helpful P:
TOSBase Chat!
Sentper
Beginner

Post by Sentper » April 20th, 2015, 3:01 am

Mr.Nova wrote:Yeah, that's kind of why I was thinking about Squire.
It seems like it would be a really good support class as far as benefits and such go.
I was thinking of setting up camps for the guild and such, seems like it would be helpful P:
They definitely sound like more than capable leaders or managers for parties, even if they might not be doing most of the fighting themselves.

Plus, having someone on the team to make food and set up the camp isn't anything you'd see me complaining about~
avantius
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Centurion

Post by avantius » April 20th, 2015, 4:25 am

Totally going Squire-->Centurion for those prolonged large parties and treks into distant dangers. :rice:
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » April 20th, 2015, 5:13 am

Haha now I'm just tempted to roam all the corners of the world disguised as a barrel. Though I noticed clerics are MIA most of the trailer. (Not gonna lie though, Paladin had quite the reach with their swings. That's pretty darn scary!)

As for the for the gondola lift thingy, I like the fact that they even added it. The animation gives it a nice feel of uneasiness, the character not swaying with the animation doesn't really bother me too much. I'm pretty I'll just be sitting there spacing out for a prolonged time. :heh:

Also didn't expect Fletcher's Crossfire skill to be so much more awesome than I expected!

Speaking of mounted combat. Here's a video of a Cryomancer blasting things away on a mount~ (Psychokino actually, but you know where I'm getting at D:)

Seems mounted combat isn't too limited after all~
Mr.Nova
Donator

Post by Mr.Nova » April 20th, 2015, 5:38 am

I'm surprised casting is allowed on a mount.

Usually that would be super overpowered.

Wonder how they'll balance it.
TOSBase Chat!
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 20th, 2015, 7:10 am

Sentper wrote:
Star.E.Knight wrote:Sweet mother of god, controller support! That makes me so very happy. I'm sure it will gain a lot more followers with that change. That, and at the end, it looks like there is a cooking class. That also will make me happier. I may have to look again. But I'm sure that's cooking.
That's Squire! Their cooking isn't anything we didn't know of from back at their recent introduction video!
They're able to repair their party's items and set up camps for them, as well. It's all really neat :ho:
And that is why i shouldnt post when I have been up for 29 hours... I totally knew that.... and had a blonde moment there... :swt: yay for Zombie Posts!
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
KingTam
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: HKT
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by KingTam » April 20th, 2015, 11:11 am

Wow... Much better than what's up in CBT1. So they implemented a few more combat mechanics into the game, like overkill, wonder what effect will that have on the game. And they finally implemented critical hits! In the gameplays i've watched, I havent seen a single yellow damage digit at all. Glad its in there now.

Anyways, there seems to be a few new and pretty damn cool classes. I'm really interested in the swordsman class in the cape that was just charging around and taking things out in its way. That seems prettttty badass. I'm just really interested in what new classes will there be. Hype level is pretty high right now
Albe
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+1

Post by Albe » April 20th, 2015, 11:23 am

apart from the joystic option this video doesen't tell me anything (interesting) new from cbt1... did I miss something?
Phelsetti wrote: Speaking of mounted combat. Here's a video of a Cryomancer blasting things away on a mount~ (Psychokino actually, but you know where I'm getting at D:)

Seems mounted combat isn't too limited after all~
run around and spam ice blast for the win!
9:45 super saiyan aura levelup? lol
korea1492ar
Beginner
Guild: Savior
Timezone: UTC+9

Post by korea1492ar » April 20th, 2015, 11:30 am

There Interpreting the Hangul appearing in the video are like this.

Hello, we are tree of savior developer team.
This video is for those selected to CBT2.
Designed to give a brief guide to the main transfer point since the previous test CBT1.

First, the content and new areas have been updated since the last test version.
Quests that are not associated with "free dungeon " also adds five.
In particular, more than 3 Rank 100 level or higher is invited testers are newly added "party events " and you tell us your thoughts about the "helper system"

In CBT2 to reflect the views of the last test additional skills , or in some classes
Comments about too powerful or that there were also some adjustments to skills gave .
Or combinations of these anomalies and skill were added to some
Please send your comments about this a lot

Scouter has been changed to be used in a "fake" state " perspective distortion"
Difficulty of the bosses has been somewhat higher than CBT1

Use the joypad is now possible ! (<-Testing Devloper, joypad)
Yet some of the UI can not be used as a joypad. For details , please refer to the in-game help

In this function to retrieve the list of open house party has been added
Items Swap UI is available from 2 Rank former time.

CBT2 appeared in the 5-6 class rank
Class is emerging as a 4 star jongssik all 16 kinds each job family
Balance and effectiveness of a new class still did not fully refined
Some 2,3 Circle skills to the test , please refer also allows you to use when you put one circle

Last January , CBT1 testers get help for your positive feedback we were able to improve many things coming.
Thank you for your participation in this CBT2 Interest