Guns confirmed

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Guns confirmed

Post by Flash » April 12th, 2015, 10:18 pm

There have been some speculations about possible guns in Tree of Savior for quite some time. I was now able to get the confirmation that Tree of Savior indeed will have guns and that they will be available in the 2nd CBT. It seems like the Schwarzer Reiter class will be using pistols as the skill icons already hinted. There might be other classes that use different guns in the future.
Albe
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+1

Re: Guns confirmed

Post by Albe » April 12th, 2015, 11:55 pm

This is a nice piece of information... and that's a musket

so that black Silhouette on the left of that famous image can easily be a musketeer... Now corsair needs a cannon or it won't be a corsair anymore :|
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 13th, 2015, 2:36 am

Thats cool for those that like gunner classes. I'm sure alot of people will be happy to see that :)
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
KaiserjiM
Newcomer

Post by KaiserjiM » April 13th, 2015, 4:16 am

Alright!!! guns!!!... Got a question.. Is the class allowed to dual wield? like one gun in each hand... how about the quarrel shooter can the class dual wield crossbows?
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » April 13th, 2015, 4:22 am

I'm not sure. Usually Main- and Off-Hand are seperated and you're not simply able to change the slot / dual wield. It might be possible that some classes will be able to dual wield weapons but right know each slot had it's own equipment and even if both equipments are weapons it would be different types.
KaiserjiM
Newcomer

Post by KaiserjiM » April 13th, 2015, 5:02 am

look at this link .. http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/Quarrel-Shooter/.. it says, when it uses a one-hand bow, it can either use a sub-weapon or a shield... so does it mean you can equip two one handed weapons? like the dual daggers from ragnarok?

so you either pick another weapon to increase more DPS or a shield to increase your defense right?
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » April 13th, 2015, 5:13 am

Sub-weapons should be different types of weapons. So you should be able to either use a 2h weapon to deal more base damage or a 1h weapon with a shield for better defense or a 1h weapon with a sub-weapon (e.g. a dagger) but I don't think that a crossbow is equiable at both the main weapon and the sub weapon slot (but I haven't tested something like this yet).
KaiserjiM
Newcomer

Post by KaiserjiM » April 13th, 2015, 5:22 am

oh ok, I understand but I can't imagine a crossbow and a dagger combo, how can a player attack from range to melee haha... thnx for replying back admin :thx: ...

btw is it available to play ? where can I download and play the game? I'm so hyped! :rice:
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » April 13th, 2015, 3:00 pm

Currently the game is not playable and when it will be playable at the end of this month it will be a korean Closed Beta Test (CBT) so it's not playable. imcGames already announced an international test and once we have more information like when it starts and how people can join the test we will post a news about it :)
Mr.Nova
Donator
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Mr.Nova » April 16th, 2015, 6:23 am

*sigh* This makes me miss Heaven and Hell stance from Grenada Espada.

Pistol in one hand, saber in the other, a true pirate :sob:
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel
Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Arec » April 17th, 2015, 12:26 am

Sweeeeet! They look really nice!