English Dev Blog Alchemist Post

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

English Dev Blog Alchemist Post

Post by Flash » March 13th, 2015, 6:14 am

The english Tree of Savior Dev Blog added the official translation of the Alchemist news we posted a few days go. This translation is better than mine so you should check it out.
I am syKim from TOS Dev Team.

Today, I will introduce ‘Alchemist’ to you.

Alchemist is a wizard-based 6th ranked class, and it will be introduced to you for the first time in the upcoming CBT2.

Alchemist’s main skills are related to the items in the game. Alchemist can attack enemies by exploding its own items that are dropped on the ground, but usually Alchemist engages in modifying and creating items.

Gems that can be obtained in dungeons make differences in various parameters when they are inserted into sockets. Some parameters will improve, but there will be other parameters that will have negative penalties. You will be able to mitigate the effects of these penalties by engaging in [Gem Roasting].

▲ Gem Roasting. The Gem increased the Attack Rate to +27 when it was inserted into the weapon’s socket, but it also reduced the Accuracy to -10. Gem Roasting reduced this penalty to -3.

▲ Players will be able to enhance their Gems by using Alchemist’s [Gem Roasting Shop].

Alchemist can also combine two different weapons to create one new weapon by engaging in [Briquetting]

The stats on the weapon that will be formed (Master Item) as a result of Briquetting could be better or worse, but regardless of the outcomes, ingredient items will be consumed and the Master Item’s potential will decrease by 1.

▲ Enchance Schmitar by melting Sabre. The maximum Attack Rate which was previously 72 could either drop to 66 or increase to 77.

Alchemist can also extract juice from herb items and create potion items using the juice.

▲ Grind aviete, boil it, and filter juice from it. The juice will be the potion that will increase your movement speed.

Some of the items that were introduced during CBT1 such as potions to increase your movement speed, decrease your cool-down time and etc can only be crafted by Alchemist and can’t be obtained through other ways, but for our smooth testing during CBT1, we temporarily sold them at one of the shops in the game.

The number of kinds of potions that can be crafted will increase based on the level of [Tincturing] skill, and these potions’ stats will also increase.

Alchemist can also find hidden options in items.

▲ Alchemist can use an item as a medium to create a portal to a two-dimensional dungeon. After clearing a mission there, the hidden options of the item will be activated. The number of players that can participate in this mission increases as the skill level increases. As more people participate this mission, it can be cleared more easily.

▲The Gladius with an awakening option. The option was [Strength +10].

There are items in the game that can only be crafted by alchemy since they can’t be obtained through Shops or monsters.
Alchemist can craft these items using its distinct skill called “Magnum Opus”.

You can use this skill when you place ingredient items on the Craft Plate. The items that will be created as a result of this skill will vary depending on what kind of ingredient items you used and the locations of those items on the plate.

As the skill level increases, the size of the plate will enlarge and you could also deploy various manuals on the plate to create multiple items simultaneously.

It could take from a few seconds to a few hours.

▲ The video for Alchemist’s item crafting and enhancing

We know that many people are wondering when we will launch CBT2. We are currently discussing with Nexon for CBT2’s detailed schedules.

We will notify you within a short period of time. We always appreciate for your huge interest in TOS. Thanks.
Bitrip
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Squire

Re: English Dev Blog Alchemist Post

Post by Bitrip » March 13th, 2015, 3:00 pm

Hmmm, doesn't seem like a very fun class...but crucial to maxing out your stats.
Now, which one of you will adorn me today?
Albe
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+1

Post by Albe » March 13th, 2015, 3:39 pm

The magnum opus is one of the best news I've seen so far, it would be nice to have an ingame feature like a booklet where to save all the "hints", and the related results once succesfully created.
Bitrip wrote:Hmmm, doesn't seem like a very fun class...but crucial to maxing out your stats.
I think alchemist will increase the main mage stat [int] exactly like other classes... or crafting classes/fight classes will be limited to secondary pg.
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » March 13th, 2015, 4:45 pm

So...... I was thinking, since they have this as a class, I bet that blacksmith is in there too. Maybe a cook and tailor also, which I can see each different class type getting one of those. Like swordie = blacksmith, archer = cook, and cleric = tailor. That would be kinda cool to see.
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Bitrip
Apprentice

Post by Bitrip » March 13th, 2015, 4:51 pm

Star.E.Knight wrote:So...... I was thinking, since they have this as a class, I bet that blacksmith is in there too. Maybe a cook and tailor also, which I can see each different class type getting one of those. Like swordie = blacksmith, archer = cook, and cleric = tailor. That would be kinda cool to see.
The dev team has stated that Fisherman and Cook may be added later.
Source: Tree of Savior Q&A #7 "There are classes who specializes in battle and others that are irrelevant in battles. Fisherman and cook class may be added in the future."
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice

Post by Star.E.Knight » March 13th, 2015, 4:59 pm

Bitrip wrote:
Star.E.Knight wrote:So...... I was thinking, since they have this as a class, I bet that blacksmith is in there too. Maybe a cook and tailor also, which I can see each different class type getting one of those. Like swordie = blacksmith, archer = cook, and cleric = tailor. That would be kinda cool to see.
The dev team has stated that Fisherman and Cook may be added later.
Source: Tree of Savior Q&A #7 "There are classes who specializes in battle and others that are irrelevant in battles. Fisherman and cook class may be added in the future."
So "maybe added", huh? That could very much mean there is a tailor and blacksmith class :P I don't see them not adding those two classes before cook and fisherman.
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Bitrip
Apprentice

Post by Bitrip » March 13th, 2015, 5:05 pm

I would kill for a Fisherman class. I love catching fish in MMORPGs! I thoroughly enjoyed it in FFXIV. Using the different rods and bait to catch different fish in different locations. I love the complexity.
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice

Post by Star.E.Knight » March 13th, 2015, 5:08 pm

Bitrip wrote:I would kill for a Fisherman class. I love catching fish in MMORPGs! I thoroughly enjoyed it in FFXIV. Using the different rods and bait to catch different fish in different locations. I love the complexity.
Lol and I love to cook in games. So you can bring me fish and I'll cook it for you :P
Albe
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+1

Post by Albe » March 13th, 2015, 6:05 pm

So I guess I'll sit and eat :lol:

@Bitrip: Irrilevant in skills ok, even if alchemist has a big boom but who cares, better max out the crafting skills... The stats should instead grow in the same proportion, but we have to wait for devs to clarify.
RageCarrier
Newcomer

Post by RageCarrier » March 20th, 2015, 1:53 pm

So I'm guessing there will be no Homunculus pets for the class? It was really cool in RO. I would love to see it come back, but improved so you can't afk farm.
avantius
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Centurion

Post by avantius » March 20th, 2015, 5:52 pm

RageCarrier wrote:So I'm guessing there will be no Homunculus pets for the class? It was really cool in RO. I would love to see it come back, but improved so you can't afk farm.
Oh~ that actually put me to think, Alchemist is in the wizard branch of classes, which get access to the sorcerer and necromancer "pets", both of which, if I am correct, use monster/boss cards?

Which are esentially...items... which alchemists can.. uhm, you get the idea. :ok: