Alchemist Introduction

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Alchemist Introduction

Post by Flash » March 8th, 2015, 6:54 am

NEXON KR released a blog post about the Alchemist class. It contains some information about new crafting mechanics and also a video. We translated the blog post for you and added some exclusive images of the Alchemist class.
Male Alchemist

Female Alchemist
Today's topic is an "Alchemist Special". The Alchemist is a 6th Rank Wizard class that will make it's first appearance in the 2nd CBT.

Most skills are associated with items however there is also a skills that will create a detonation.
Alchemists upgrade or create items.
Gems can be obtained in dungeons and will improve items when put into their sockets but they will also have negative effects at the same time.Those negative effects can be reduced by Alchemists.
▲The first Gem increased the Attack Power by 27 and reduced the Hit by 10. The Alchemist can reduce this pentaly to 3.
Other players can improve their Gems by using "Shops" that are set up by Alchemists.
Alchemists can also combine items to create a better weapon. The Attributes of the weapon can increase or decrease depending on the luck. The used material will be gone anyway and the Potential of the item drops by 1.
The Maximum Damage of this weapon which currently is 72 can increase to 77 or decrease to 66.
The Alchemist can also create potions.
▲ The Alchemist creates a potion that will increase the movement speed.
Items to improve the movement speed or reduce the cooldown are only available from Alchemist stores. They were added in other ways during the first CBT for better testing. The potions that can be created by an Alchemist depend on the level.

You may find hidden item effects.
▲ You can create portals to dungeon missions using item mediators to find hidden item effects.
▲ The hidden attribute of this item is +10 Strength
In Tree of Savior some items can not be bought in shops or dropped by monsters but only created by Alchemist using a technique called "마그눔 오푸스" (Magnum Opus).
The produced item depend on the used materials and their location. There may be hidden information about the placements in the game.

It's also possible to produce several items at once.
This is short it can take up to several hours to produce an item.
Source: 알케미스트 특집편
Iden
Apprentice

Re: Alchemist Introduction

Post by Iden » March 8th, 2015, 9:50 am

This is the first update in a loooong time that restored some hope for me. Now if some of the required materials (even for the higher/endgame tier creations) would drop on low level maps it would already somewhat prove the game won't be the usual theme park by not making low level areas completely useless later in the game. The fact that there are items that can only be created by certain classes already emphasizes player interaction (or making multiple characters so you can be self-sustained but at least it takes some time for that to happen).
Bitrip
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Squire

Post by Bitrip » March 8th, 2015, 6:31 pm

Just the class I wanted more information on! :D
Now, which one of you will adorn me today?
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » March 8th, 2015, 11:22 pm

All I have to say is I LOVE the crafting animations for this class :)
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Mr.Nova
Donator
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Mr.Nova » March 9th, 2015, 7:23 pm

Idk if I'd PLAY Alchemist

But I definitely like that look of that jacket >o>

Gotta get me one P:
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel