GM Lesley's Surprise FAQ!

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

GM Lesley's Surprise FAQ!

Post by Flash » December 24th, 2014, 4:30 pm

GM Lesley posted a FAQ on the korean Tree of Savior website. This FAQ was translated by Bluegale! And contains questions about the class system and the CBT in general.

http://tos.nexon.com/community/free/vie ... cleSN=1170
Greetings. This is Tree of Savior GM Lesley.

I will be posting frequently asked questions from users every Wednesday during the CBT period.
Today I would like to bring up three most asked questions ever since we opened the ToS webpage.

Image Everyone says that the number of CBT testers that will be chosen is going to be one thousand (1,000). Is that true?

[The truth of this rumor is...]

Image The image that's been floating around the Internet says that the number of CBT testers to be 1,000.

However we have requested the number to be increased to 3,000. We are currently still waiting for rating decision from the Game Rating and Administration Committee, and therefore nothing is fixed concretely yet.
I will let you know the exact number of the testers for CBT on December 29th.

Image I've checked the Character Introduction page after the webpage has gone online, but it seems like I just can't find any info on Monk and Dievdirby.
Are all the characters (classes) that you've shown to us via developer's blog all gone?

Image Now this is one of the most frequently asked questions. On the CBT webpage, only the handful of the classes that are equal to or lower than Rank 4 (and thus playable during the CBT) are shown. Some of the classes you have mentioned and are waiting to try out are advanced classes that are Rank 5 or higher, so please wait kindly until the next CBT or OBT during which you can try out those classes.

[Bear the Monks within your heart ...for now.]

Just in case some of you haven't checked it out yet... the Developer's Blog (http://blog.treeofsavior.com/?p=602)!
Check it out with the video!

Image I've played with Rank-up system on the Character Introduction webpage, but I still don't get some of the features. Would you kindly go over once again?

Image There are several rules on Rank-up in ToS.
If you reach level 15 on the Class Level then you can either increase the Class Circle or choose a brand new Class.
If your class reaches 3 Circle (Third-tier Circle=i.e. Keep your class across three Ranks), you cannot choose (that Class) from the next Rank.
Therefore you can only keep your basic Class from Rank 1 until Rank 3.

If you choose Class other than your basic Rank 1 Class when you reach Rank 2, you cannot choose the basic Class from that time on!

And the Classes you can choose will be your current Class and Classes that are added in the current Rank. To say, if you were a Ranger on Rank 2, then you can choose either to be Ranger again (your current Class) or Sapper / Hunter that are added in the Rank 3.

I would also like to go over the Circle system.
- Swordsman > Swordsman > Swordsman > Hoplite = Swordsman 3 Circle, Hoplite 1 Circe.
- Swordsman > Peltasta > Hoplite > Cataphract = Swordsman 1 Circle, Peltasta 1 Circle, Hoplite 1 Circle, Cataphract 1 Circle
- Swordsman > Swordsman > Hoplite > Hoplite = Swordsman 2 Circle, Hoplite 2 Circle.

Would this clarify enough?

Image Where can I get the background music? I really liked the BGM from the teaser website.

Image The BGMs are contents provided in-game and it's difficult for us to provide to users as-is. Although I would like to express our sincere gratitude on your interest about ToS, please bear with us until the official game service soon to come.

It just might be helpful if you search with the keywords TOS BGM or something like that?

Then I will see you everyone and Merry Christmas!
Mr.Nova
Donator
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Favorite Class: Templar

Re: GM Lesley's Surprise FAQ!

Post by Mr.Nova » December 24th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Well the circle tier thing makes some sense, but I guess we can't really understand how vital that's going to be until we know what skills etc are involved.
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel
Satorichu
Apprentice
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Favorite Class: Kabbalist

Post by Satorichu » December 25th, 2014, 8:29 am

Yeah.... :hmm:
casetruth
Beginner
Guild: GaToS
Favorite Class: Chronomancer
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: Allgray

Post by casetruth » December 28th, 2014, 6:59 pm

will this korean CBT be korean only?
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » December 28th, 2014, 7:46 pm

Well you'll probably need a verified NEXON KR account and usually only koreans are able to get one.
Jiba
Beginner
Guild: ADN

Post by Jiba » December 28th, 2014, 10:48 pm

The inscriptions are still not open. It's written something with a 3. Think it's 3h looking at the general text on the page, but the other "time" states 23h59 so it should be open by now :(
casetruth
Beginner
Guild: GaToS
Favorite Class: Chronomancer
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: Allgray

Post by casetruth » December 29th, 2014, 2:45 pm

have anyone done a traduction of the CBT survey?
Ritios
Newcomer
Timezone: EST (UTC - 5)

Post by Ritios » December 29th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Flash wrote:Well you'll probably need a verified NEXON KR account and usually only koreans are able to get one.
Well, from what I've gathered you can make an account that's synced with your Google Plus account, and it allows you to register for the CBT :O
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » December 29th, 2014, 5:46 pm

Ritios wrote:
Flash wrote:Well you'll probably need a verified NEXON KR account and usually only koreans are able to get one.
Well, from what I've gathered you can make an account that's synced with your Google Plus account, and it allows you to register for the CBT :O
can you give a source? because people on reddit who tried to register say it's not possible however I'm not sure if anyone of them tried an account that is linked to Google+.
Ritios
Newcomer
Timezone: EST (UTC - 5)

Post by Ritios » December 29th, 2014, 6:19 pm

[quote="Flash"][/quote]

I'd go back through the CBT registration, but I'm getting an error related to my IP Address. I got to pull up the CBT form at two different locations with accounts that were created within the week off of Google Plus accounts.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » December 30th, 2014, 6:20 am

Here is a translated image of the message you'll get after you completed the survey:

This is an account that was created by me and has a verified e-mail but obviously is not verified by KSSN / phone. So it doesn't seem to work without verification as stated by others before but we'll see :)
Jiba
Beginner
Guild: ADN

Post by Jiba » December 30th, 2014, 9:39 am

How do you post your computer's specifications? I've seen that they ask for it on the kr forum, but can't find the place to upload them.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » December 30th, 2014, 4:14 pm

Before the survey there is a checkbox and if you click it you will send your PC specs. However it seems this only works with IE (I got an error popup stating this) so I didn't try it.
Nox
Newcomer

Post by Nox » December 31st, 2014, 5:10 am

This is some awesome news thank you for posting it :P they really thought about class system carefully.. it makes sense...
PrincessKurumi
Donator
Timezone: GMT/UTC+8 Singapore
Favorite Class: Alchemist

Post by PrincessKurumi » January 4th, 2015, 5:20 pm

Thanks for this~