Developer Interview translated by MMO Culture

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Developer Interview translated by MMO Culture

Post by Flash » November 25th, 2014, 6:46 pm

MMO culture posted a translated interview with the Development Director of Tree of Savior that was done by the chinese website 17173. This interview revealed some interesting information about the Class System, Dungeons, PvP and Cards.

Class System
The 19 class advancement all 4 base classes have are considered 1st class advancement. And that 2nd and 3rd class advancements will be added in the future. As stated in the Dev Blog some of those classes have prerequisites. If you want to become a Elementalist you have to be a Cryomancer or Pyromancer. As seen in the image below characters seem to be able to have 3 classes (including the base class). So an Elementalist could be Wizard, Pyromancer and Elementalist or Wizard, Cryomancer and Elementalist. All those classes can be upranked several times to become stronger those ranks are called "circles".

Dungeons
Dungeon instances are quite unique and will allow 200 players to enter the same instance. Parties are limited to 5 players so 40 parties will be able to enter the same instance and interact with eachother.

PvP
There will be a 1vs1 and 3vs3 Arena. 5vs5 Arena and Guild vs Guild features might be added later.

Boss Monsters & Cards
Right now Tree of Savior has 200 different bosses and all of them have special skills and abilities. Boss cards cannot only be used by Sorcerer as we already now but also by a poison class (probably Wugushi) and some cards can be used to cast skills. Using a card to cast a skill will destroy the card. Right now only boss monsters drop cards.

imcGames considers the 80 classes as their core feature and not the cards.

The full interview in english can be read here: Tree of Savior – Development head talks about the game in new interview
Sefrion
Beginner
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Developer Interview translated by MMO Culture

Post by Sefrion » November 27th, 2014, 1:03 pm

Hnngg can't wait to get a more in-depth view on the PvP.
And finally a new mmo with GvG support.
noori1
Beginner

Post by noori1 » November 27th, 2014, 3:13 pm

What makes me wonder is how can class that looks like support class can survive in PvP, like pied piper vs pyromancer for example. I know there are also 3 vs 3, or 5 vs 5 but still, how class that have restricted condition (druid, pied piper, alchemist) can survive versus basic class that we already know they are exist in every mmo game (wizard, knight, archer).
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » November 27th, 2014, 3:45 pm

easy answer: they can't.

would you send out a banner keeper single into the battlefield? no you would not, because hes useless alone. hes increasing the "strength" of the other fighters on his site with his appearance, so he will not be alone.

same with the priests and pipers, they are supportive, so if they go pvp, then they go with other classes.

that's what i expect it will be. because it would make the most sense.

Greetings
Gardosen
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
Ziro
Beginner

Post by Ziro » November 27th, 2014, 5:58 pm

PVP is gonna be sick with the amount of combinations you can have from the 80 classes.
Zalera
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+1

Post by Zalera » November 27th, 2014, 7:09 pm

indeed, what kind of idea to have comparison between supporters and damage dealers.

even in diablo2 3 vs 3 often had pure support chars, who could inflict only minor damage on their own (think about cursing necromancer or "auradins" boosting party dmg)

it was already quite open with different builds and only 5-6 classes, 80 will do wonders.
also known as Adramelk :gawi:
supremuscatus
Newcomer

Post by supremuscatus » November 28th, 2014, 10:23 pm

I still want to know this dungeon thing, about the steal-killing boss, what they pretend to do to avoid this, since it will be the same dungeon for everyone in the server... :wah:

Also the respawn of the bosses, I wouldn't like that a group of small people or a guild to start controlling the respawn time of profitable bosses...
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » November 30th, 2014, 3:45 am

they will probably use the same anti troll :oops: :oops: - System like on Guild wars,

everyone who attacks the boss gets a treasure with stuff in it.
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
Rosenakahara
Apprentice

Post by Rosenakahara » November 30th, 2014, 12:55 pm

Gardosen wrote:they will probably use the same anti troll :oops: :oops: - System like on Guild wars,

everyone who attacks the boss gets a treasure with stuff in it.
But that lead to boss trains in gw2, you literally just spend hours upon hours on boss trains
magnificentchaos
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT +5

Post by magnificentchaos » December 4th, 2014, 10:00 pm

PvP looks fun! I can't wait to try it out! And the fact they may add GvG.... Oh the excitement!!!! :slur:

Did somebody say "Cookies"?