Introducing Rank 8 – Swordsman

Flash
Site Admin

Introducing Rank 8 – Swordsman

Postby Flash » July 22nd, 2016, 12:21 pm

imcGames released information about the new circles and classes of the upcoming Rank 8.

Greetings, Tree of Savior dev team here.
After our introduction of the new Wizard classes last week,
Today we’re bringing you a preview of what you can expect from Rank 8 Swordsman types.

Dragoon (Circle 2)
The team play aspect of the Dragoon class is reinforced in Circle 2.

​▲ With this new attribute, “Serpentine” gives a bonus of 100% to all melee physical attacks. We expect this attribute to be useful for parties where there is another warrior class character.

The new skill “Dethrone” is going to inflict occasional debuff effects on boss monsters by reducing their movement and attack speed. This skill will also give you three possible types of bonus according to monster size: “small”, “medium” or “big”; as well as bonuses specific to flying-type monsters.

▲ This skill works with both short and long ranges, meaning it can be used to slay multiple monsters at once or target opponents in PvP battles.

Doppelsoeldner (Circle 3)
Power-grinder Doppelsoeldner is becoming even stronger in Circle 3.

▲ With the attributes we’re adding to up the number of multiple hits in the skills Zucken and Redel, the Circle 3 Doppelsoeldner is going to be pulverizing enemies like a human blender.

▲ A new skill, “Zwerchhau”, adds a temporary bonus to slash attacks which, when used in conjunction with other techniques, can become a powerful grinding tool.

▲ We’ll be introducing a new attribute for expanding the area of the “Punish” skill, used on knocked down enemies, as well as other attributes for upgrading lower-level skills.

Fencer (Circle 3)
Circle 3 Fencers will use their quick, consecutive attack style to build up on the power of earlier circles.

Fencers will be able to use the “Epee Stance” skill in Circle 3. This stance does come with its disadvantages, like neutralizing the effect of any shields equipped, but on the other hand…

… the “Epee Stance” dramatically increases the critical damage of pierce attacks in proportion to the skill level.

If the Doppelsoeldner is like a raging blender, the Fencer is more akin to an unstoppable sowing machine.

“Balestra Fente”, which temporarily reduces the critical resistance of enemies, is going to be useful for Fencers who invested their points in stats other than DEX.

“Attaque au Fer” is a new skill that disarms PvP opponents, throwing their weapon to the ground. This skill makes it so that, until they pick up their weapon again, the opponent will not be under their effects.

Templar (Circle 2)
Circle 2 Templars will be the class of choice for guild masters who wish to operate a battle-oriented guild.

Circle 2 Templars are capable of setting up new structures in the Guild Hideouts.

The “Forge” enhances the physical attack of guild members in proportion to how many are established.

The “Shield Charger” accumulates 100 shields per minute (6,000 per hour, 144,000 per day).

Guild members who take the shield buff will receive a protective shield that protects their HP for as much shield they have taken and will not lose HP while that shield exists.

Only one guild member will be able to take this shield and will start to replenish from 0, so make sure that all the guild members have agreed to use it.

The shield is also usable during Regional Guild Battles. (However, it cannot be used in the Team Battle League.)

The new “Share Buff” skill allows guild members within range to share their buffs regardless of how many they have.

However, please note that the Templar will not be able to move while using this skill.

Lancer (Circle 1)

Image Image

The Lancer, which first appears at Rank 8, is a cavalry class that has powerful anti-personnel skills.

It is capable of using buff type skills that drastically increase resistance against magic circles while moving, and counter-cavalry type skills that allow you to deal three times the normal amount of damage.

The “Crush” skill that temporarily decreases the effectiveness of the opponent’s equipment also has an ability that allows you to push aside summoned enemies so it is extremely useful for charging through enemy defenses in Guild battles. The “Joust” skill which shocks and silences the enemy at the same time also allows you to destroy enemy magic circles, which means that you will be effective against mage classes as well.

(This ability will also be added to the Circle 2 Cannoneer)

Murmillo (Circle 1)
Image Image

The Murmillo is a Gladiator class that has a good balance between offense and defense.

The Murmillo is capable of equipping a “Cassis Crista” that is a helmet with a visor. The effects of the helmet are as follows.

- Decreased movement speed and melee evasion.

- Increased block chance against physical and magical ranged attacks.

- Peltasta and Rodelero skills along with other skills that use shields to attack will become much more powerful by learning certain abilities.

Another small benefit is that you will no longer be able to become stunned when using the “Head Butt” skill with this helmet.

▲ The revival of forgotten skills.

They will also be able to utilize a surprise attack type AoE skill that works in tandem with skills that deal extra damage to stunned enemies, such as “Head Butt” etc.

▲ Hit them very hard!

The Murmillo is the most offense-oriented of all the classes that use shields.

Source: https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=541
Suzushii
Apprentice

Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: BJD

Re: Introducing Rank 8 – Swordsman

Postby Suzushii » July 23rd, 2016, 12:31 am

Rank 8 news for shieldsmaidens and nobody respond. Oh well.
Ok guys, who actually play Peltasta C3/Yolorelo and have hope that Murmillo give shielders any damage?
Except me? If this really give damage for this class and some high atribute to survive without full CON stuff, then I'm on this train to beating enemies a piece of plank. :lv:
So you wanna be Fencer or Murmillo? Let me guide you a little.
renseiryuu
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC +7

Postby renseiryuu » July 23rd, 2016, 4:24 am

It would be those following the build path of "Captain America", I believe XD.
PizzaNightmares
Beginner

Server: Orsha
Team Name: Aurelaude

Postby PizzaNightmares » July 23rd, 2016, 7:02 am

Murmillo seems to lend further attack potential to the tankers (Pelt/Rodel). So that's nice.

The one I'm most interested in is Lancer, as Dragoon doesn't really do much for me, in spite of its nice damage. The bummer is that it seems largely PvP oriented, and I'm more of a PvE player. Still, glad to have something that might supplement my Cata3 crack-build.

Hopefully, we get to see archer r8 next. I'm curious about Falc 3
Last edited by PizzaNightmares on July 23rd, 2016, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
renseiryuu
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC +7

Postby renseiryuu » July 23rd, 2016, 8:44 am

Btw, I'm a bit curious about that "shield" thing for Templar C2. Is it a skill or an item (since you could only have 1 apparently, and you could give it to guild member)?

And 100 HP buffer every minute, which means it was restored to 100 every minute without any restriction? Does that mean the user would get +100 Max HP that would be restored every minute or perhaps more like Reflect Shield with HP instead of count?

Not that I'm aiming to be a Templar, but it just sounds fun :D
Nicksky
Newcomer

Postby Nicksky » July 24th, 2016, 5:07 pm

I'm a little bit disappointed about Lancer, I hope Lancer will be PvE oriented but, we know that at least 3 Lancer skill is PvP oriented, maybe just leaving 1 skill for damage purpose. But who knows?, Cata at 1st circle also gives more utility than damage, the real damage source skills comes from 2nd and 3rd circle.
In other hands Dragoon was makes me so exited because the serpentine 100% additional melle damage for 10 sec, serpentine cooldown is 20 sec. And Dethrone that gives debuff to bosses, plus another bonus againts large, medium, small, and flying mobs, also very wide linear range attack.
That makes me confused.
Dagulya
Newcomer
Team Name: DAG

Postby Dagulya » July 25th, 2016, 9:39 am

Hi Brothers, what about Shinobi?

How we can upgrade our characters?

Its very bad ....
Suzushii
Apprentice

Postby Suzushii » July 25th, 2016, 11:00 am

Did you have ANY hidden class C2? Nope, this isn't supprise.
Azlanta
Newcomer
Team Name: Vaz

Postby Azlanta » July 25th, 2016, 1:29 pm

Hidden class doesn't have any c2 class.. :no1: CMIIW
Darthan
Newcomer

Postby Darthan » July 27th, 2016, 1:54 am

does anyone know if lancer or murmillo supports one hand spear? :?: i really want lancer and murmillo :awsm: (not on the same char :P)

PD: i love the ro emojis :thx:
Suzushii
Apprentice

Postby Suzushii » July 27th, 2016, 9:29 am

Spear will be required is obvious. Expect requirements such as a cataphracta.
nymi
Newcomer

Postby nymi » July 27th, 2016, 9:31 am

As for shinobis why are you turning a blind eye on some pretty good swordsman ranks out there???

Doppel- deeds of valor and cyclone. Nuff said
Fencer- has lunge to boost slash attacks and attaque to boost pierce attacks.

Shinobis are for the strong willed masochists. Dont play this class if all you do is whine. The path of shinobi is already thorny. To be honest I was not expecting good rank 8 classes to synergize with shinobi at all (please backread that phrase to avoid misunderstandings) that is why I never relied on rank 8 classes on almost all of my builds. I do not expect anything at all especially shinobi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmoHKXTQJMY - this is the reason ill go fencer this rank 8

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/ninja- ... 0089/1315- this is a forum dedicated for aspiring shinobi.

It is not necessary to reroll just because no rank 8 class synergize with you. There are lots of peeps who didnt choose rank 7 classes but are still strong. Just like little samson's build of kings. Wizard- pyro- cryo- kino- wizard 2- rune caster- wizard 3.

Your choice. I wont half ass my ninja like you guys. Ill be with her.
enrique.lato
Beginner

Postby enrique.lato » July 27th, 2016, 6:11 pm

PizzaNightmares wrote:Murmillo seems to lend further attack potential to the tankers (Pelt/Rodel). So that's nice.

The one I'm most interested in is Lancer, as Dragoon doesn't really do much for me, in spite of its nice damage. The bummer is that it seems largely PvP oriented, and I'm more of a PvE player. Still, glad to have something that might supplement my Cata3 crack-build.

Hopefully, we get to see archer r8 next. I'm curious about Falc 3

I'm curious about that appraiser rank, I'm buying the Manager costume for my Archer with the free TP from the event, so I can roll around as a full Appraiser with the manager costume :heh:
SHARK2
Newcomer

Postby SHARK2 » July 30th, 2016, 6:48 am

hmm if i choose rank 7 shinobi , wat rank 8 comppliment shinobi the most ?? any idea ? thx
Suzushii
Apprentice

Postby Suzushii » July 30th, 2016, 8:51 am

Depends on your previous rank. Probably the best option will be upgrade class from Rank 6.
Aotsuke
Newcomer
Team Name: Hachidairyuo

Postby Aotsuke » July 31st, 2016, 6:02 pm

With this new attribute, “Serpentine” gives a bonus of 100% to all melee physical attacks. We expect this attribute to be useful for parties where there is another warrior class character.

Not sure if I understand correctly... Is the buff applying to ourselves (the one who does serpentine) too, or is it just for the allies and not the dragoon?
Suzushii
Apprentice

Postby Suzushii » July 31st, 2016, 7:50 pm

We expect this attribute to be useful for parties where there is another warrior class character.

where there is another warrior

From what I understand, yes.
yasirusan
Newcomer
Team Name: Yasirusan

Postby yasirusan » August 2nd, 2016, 8:17 am

Murmillo will be nice tankers i like using shield but (Pelt/Rodel) have so little damage.

Looks for another build barbarian combo ( 1Hand Sword & Shield / Focus on aoe & Critical & tanker )

STR/CONST/DEX : 1/1/1 (All STR/CONST/DEX must equal value until CONST 100 & DEX 100)

If Sword C1> PELT C1> Barbarian C1> Barb C2> Barb C3> PELT C2> PELT C3> Murmillo C1 - nice build or not ?

If Sword C1> PELT C1> Barbarian C1> Barb C2> Barb C3> Hop C1> Hop C2> Hop C3 - nice critical build or not ? Because large monster less damage!!!

If Sword C1> PELT C1> Barb C1> Barb C2> Barb C3> Hop C1> Dra C1> Dra C2 - nice build or not ?

If Sword C1> PELT C1> Barb C1> Barb C2> Barb C3> Dop C1> Dop C2> Dop C3 - nice build or not ? I wonder PUNISH skill easier to cast if not knockdown?

Between PELT & Rodel which one great for player PELT C1/C2/C3 or RODEL C1/C2/C3 core player ? I Feel PELT better but still need opinion hardcore PELT/RODEL player !!!
jalen.dmello
Newcomer

Postby jalen.dmello » August 3rd, 2016, 2:29 pm

So i am

Swordsman >Pelta c1>Pelta C2> Pelta C3 > Squire c1 >Squire C2> Squire C3 and my damage well its just enough to do those card quests else its sucks

Guess its not rocket science which i should pick :/
Hypnos
Newcomer

Postby Hypnos » August 3rd, 2016, 3:46 pm

I'm in the same situation: sw1/pel3/squi3 and i'll go for murmillo. if i've built a pvp char with rodel i'd surely go for lancer, but my char is for pve and utility... Master Chef!

Return to “Tree of Savior News”