New Class Costume Icons and Future Class Hints

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

New Class Costume Icons and Future Class Hints

Post by Flash » December 26th, 2015, 7:34 am

We managed to get the class costume icons of the Rank 7 classes and even some icons of possible future classes. The class names of those possible future classes are based on the file names. We don't have any additional information about the ranks or if some of those classes will be hidden.
Archer Rank 7: Cannoneer, Musketeer
Archer Rank ?: Appraiser, Hackapell, Pied Piper
Cleric Rank 7: Plague Doctor, Kabbalist
Cleric Rank ?: Chaplain, Fortune Teller, Lama, Shepherd
Swordsman Rank 7: Templar, Dragoon, Shinobi
Swordsman Rank ?: Lancer, Luchador, Matador
Wizard Rank 7: Featherfoot, Warlock
Wizard Rank ?: Taoist, Mimic, Enchanter, Onmyoji, Runecaster, Sage, Shadowmancer
alex.cm
Newcomer

Re: New Class Costume Icons and Future Class Hints

Post by alex.cm » December 26th, 2015, 4:19 pm

Shadowmancer is the most top :awsm:
Donaire Family
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Plague Doctor
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: Donaire

Post by Donaire Family » December 26th, 2015, 4:28 pm

OMG i need the 3D model of this to make more draws :awsm:
Donaire Family
Apprentice

Post by Donaire Family » December 26th, 2015, 4:31 pm

alex.cm wrote:Shadowmancer is the most top :awsm:
warlock + shadowmancer skills: totally darkness wizz :lv: but still need a low class with dark magic theme to make a full dark wizz :(
ckto3991
Newcomer

Post by ckto3991 » December 26th, 2015, 4:54 pm

Really Cool!!!!!!

Are you guys planning to update the IPF suite? We want to take a loot at the new data too.
Fenz
Newcomer
Favorite Class: Hoplite

Post by Fenz » December 26th, 2015, 9:51 pm

LANCER \o/
:awsm:

but... wait and this? Image
what class/job is that? :V
Donaire Family
Apprentice

Post by Donaire Family » December 26th, 2015, 11:00 pm

Fenz wrote:LANCER \o/
:awsm:

but... wait and this? Image
what class/job is that? :V
there still class that we dont know, if you can see wizz have a lot of new classes, but archer and sword have less
Behemoth!
Newcomer

Post by Behemoth! » December 27th, 2015, 8:19 am

hahaha I'm looking forward to these classes specially Wiz Tree :slur: But one thing i can't understand... Taoist and Onmyoji are priests in real life so why they are in Wiz Tree? No make sense at all... well, now i need to decide "again" what classes i'll get XD I'm in love with Enchanter, Mimic and Onmyoji (if this is a rly wizard) :pif:
Daedalos
Newcomer

Post by Daedalos » December 27th, 2015, 10:24 am

Not very happy about that class "Matador"... well the game is all about creatures cruelty but never taking it from a real world awful reference :S

some people may feel unconfortable with the pic
mario.marques
Newcomer

Post by mario.marques » December 27th, 2015, 5:41 pm

There one problem, Taoist is the person who practice the Taoism. And the Taoism is a religion. Chinese religion. So a Wizard can not be a Taoist, he/she is in the wrong Class tree. Taoist should be in the Cleric tree.
Lalakoboldslayer
Beginner

Post by Lalakoboldslayer » December 28th, 2015, 1:02 am

I hope Lancer and Shadowmancer are not rank 8 classes. There are already Dragoon and Warlock at rank 7 and having those specialized classes just one rank up only adds more useless skills in the long run.

Well, I took some liberties and considered Lancer a class that uses Spears and Shadowmancer a class that uses Dark magic. Of course they could have completely different gameplay aspects. That has happened before, Hoplite using one-handed spears at rank 3 and Cataphract using two-handed spears and mounted at rank 4.

I really hope Lancers specialize in one-handed spears(maybe dual wield) and Shadowmancer uses his shadow to do some magic-like(something like Sadhu)

Changing the subject, it would be cool if Luchador becomes the Swordsman martial artist(like Monk is for Cleric)
Ayleen
Apprentice

Post by Ayleen » December 28th, 2015, 3:44 am

It s ...so beautiful. Especialy the runecaster one is amazing.
Hey all, i m looking for a competitive guild. PvP and mostly arena but i like doing everything, PvE also when it s challenging.
Carlos Magnun
Newcomer

Post by Carlos Magnun » December 28th, 2015, 11:24 am

Lalakoboldslayer wrote:I hope Lancer and Shadowmancer are not rank 8 classes. There are already Dragoon and Warlock at rank 7 and having those specialized classes just one rank up only adds more useless skills in the long run.

Well, I took some liberties and considered Lancer a class that uses Spears and Shadowmancer a class that uses Dark magic. Of course they could have completely different gameplay aspects. That has happened before, Hoplite using one-handed spears at rank 3 and Cataphract using two-handed spears and mounted at rank 4.

I really hope Lancers specialize in one-handed spears(maybe dual wield) and Shadowmancer uses his shadow to do some magic-like(something like Sadhu)

Changing the subject, it would be cool if Luchador becomes the Swordsman martial artist(like Monk is for Cleric)
I see your point, but I think it's more likely that lances and spears will be different weapons and Lancer will be the second mounted class for Swordsman that we are waiting for (Dragoon is mounted friendly but up to now it does not have the mount attribute), but I might be wrong. However I have no idea if it will be a one-handed or two-handed weapon but probably will be compatible with most spear skills.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancer

If IMC decided to take a more knightly approach to the class, its most likely it will be one-handed and shield based as we have in Jousting. That been said, the game would provide you breeches of mounted class combination, otherwise most mounted Swordsmans would follow very limited paths (for example, in the worst scenario, if one does not want to be Templar and Lancer is a rank 10 class, Hoplite C1> Cataphract C3> Dragoon C3>Lancer C1 would be way too common), for this reason I think it's better that Lancer is a rank 8 or rank 9 class. If in rank 8, it would be interesting if Dragoon, even though a mounted friendly class, have spear exclusive skills to differentiate from lance users, like we have in Doppelsoeldner C2 where two-handed sword exclusive skills comes in to play.

One final point I would like to add, considering that Murmillo and Centurion will be add to the game in higher ranks, we have 19 swordsman classes out of 20 (if IMC still have the goal for 80 classes in game), so we still have one more room for a mounted dedicated class if Lancer like Dragoon, lacks the mount attribute. Maybe we will get literally a Knight class in the future (it would suit well rank 10 in my opinion), maybe not. We will have to wait and see it.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » December 28th, 2015, 4:47 pm

mario.marques wrote:There one problem, Taoist is the person who practice the Taoism. And the Taoism is a religion. Chinese religion. So a Wizard can not be a Taoist, he/she is in the wrong Class tree. Taoist should be in the Cleric tree.
True, but for some reason it's listed as wizard class in the client files. Maybe they'll change it.
Lalakoboldslayer
Beginner

Post by Lalakoboldslayer » December 28th, 2015, 10:32 pm

Carlos Magnun wrote:
Lalakoboldslayer wrote:I hope Lancer and Shadowmancer are not rank 8 classes. There are already Dragoon and Warlock at rank 7 and having those specialized classes just one rank up only adds more useless skills in the long run.

I see your point, but I think it's more likely that lances and spears will be different weapons and Lancer will be the second mounted class for Swordsman that we are waiting for (Dragoon is mounted friendly but up to now it does not have the mount attribute), but I might be wrong. However I have no idea if it will be a one-handed or two-handed weapon but probably will be compatible with most spear skills.

If IMC decided to take a more knightly approach to the class, its most likely it will be one-handed and shield based as we have in Jousting. That been said, the game would provide you breeches of mounted class combination, otherwise most mounted Swordsmans would follow very limited paths (for example, in the worst scenario, if one does not want to be Templar and Lancer is a rank 10 class, Hoplite C1> Cataphract C3> Dragoon C3>Lancer C1 would be way too common), for this reason I think it's better that Lancer is a rank 8 or rank 9 class. If in rank 8, it would be interesting if Dragoon, even though a mounted friendly class, have spear exclusive skills to differentiate from lance users, like we have in Doppelsoeldner C2 where two-handed sword exclusive skills comes in to play.

One final point I would like to add, considering that Murmillo and Centurion will be add to the game in higher ranks, we have 19 swordsman classes out of 20 (if IMC still have the goal for 80 classes in game), so we still have one more room for a mounted dedicated class if Lancer like Dragoon, lacks the mount attribute. Maybe we will get literally a Knight class in the future (it would suit well rank 10 in my opinion), maybe not. We will have to wait and see it.
Hmmm, you're right about being mounted, even if it's rank 8, it would be good to use as an upgrade from Cataphract.
Fenz
Newcomer

Post by Fenz » December 29th, 2015, 11:09 pm

Lalakoboldslayer wrote:
Carlos Magnun wrote:

Hmmm, you're right about being mounted, even if it's rank 8, it would be good to use as an upgrade from Cataphract.
I hope that lancer be more like an continuation to hoplite than cataphract, an One-Handed spear + shield class.
Carlos Magnun
Newcomer

Post by Carlos Magnun » December 31st, 2015, 12:42 pm

Well historicaly, Hoplite is an infantryman, Cataphract an assault heavy cavalry, Dragoon a mounted infantry and Lancer a light cavalry (although it began as a heavy cavalry).

The in game approach to the first three seems accurate, specially with Dragoon that have the attribute to use both types of spears but not the mount attribute, which reinforce the fact that is an infantryman. For this reason I think that the devs wanted Dragoon to be the natural upgrade for Hoplite players, even though Dragoon is mounted friendly.

As for Lancer, we will really have wait to find out if the devs will decide to make lances and spears different kinds of weapons or not. By the looks of the costume, I don't think lancer will be a light cavalry unit. Maybe devs will take a cavalry approach but "unmounted friendly" so you don't have to be mounted to use every skill but the class will have the mount attribute.

I look forward for more information about this class, specially rank 8, it will really be decisive for me to choose which paths my build will take.
Fenz
Newcomer

Post by Fenz » January 14th, 2016, 6:25 pm

HappyGoLarp
Newcomer
Timezone: UTC-5
Favorite Class: Ranger

Post by HappyGoLarp » January 25th, 2016, 12:27 am

These look amazing! I am excited to see these in game! :ok: :gawi: