Leslie's TOS Play Report

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Leslie's TOS Play Report

Post by Flash » September 1st, 2014, 1:33 pm

CM Leslie posted a play report on the Tree of Savior developer blog.

Leslie’s TOS Play Report:

Hello. I am CM Leslie. It’s been a while since I uploaded the previous post. >ㅁ<
Since Dev Team has been silent about CBT, I decided to try TOS myself to see how the development has progressed so far.

Swordsman Porororo of Team Lesley

Entering the game with applauses of unchosen characters

You can change locations of your characters and also check their equipment at Barrack.

Okay so let’s start the game.

When a NPC starts dialogues by introducing him/herself, it is very likely that he/she will give you some work to do.

Running away

It takes about 2 minutes for your first level up, but when we start our CBT, it may vary between players because of party plays.

Okay so let’s increase the stats.

Before, there were 4 stats, but now we have “Spirit”.

I know you are accustomed to increase “Strength” to Swordsman, but you can also make an agile or an intelligent Swordsman.

The map was a little uncomfortable at the beginning when I started the first quest, but…

There will be more to see on the map as you progress through the quests in the game.

Do you still think the map is little small?

Don’t worry. What you saw was just a tiny piece of the whole map.

If you lack a sense of direction, then look at the quest guide arrow which tells you where to go.

After clearing a quest, press Backspace if you are too lazy to run back to the NPC that gave you the quest.

Pyoong~! (Actually, this is a Korean expression of describing something disappearing instantaneously. Does any know the English expression for this one?) There is no cool-down time for this.

You will encounter diverse types of bosses in the game as you progress through the quests. You have to be cautious since they all have different attack patterns and skills.

Of course, the bosses that you will encounter at the beginning are not that hard.

You will acquire different types of accessories when you hunt for monsters. The item that the character is wearing on the picture above is “Cow Ears”.

I used to like Popolion and Chupacabra a lot, but they were not behaving cute as they look when I met them in the game.

How cruel they are…

A herd of Chupacabras

Do not underestimate them even if they look cute. You may become the source of their protein.
The Red Cross mark that is shown above indicates that you don’t have enough HP so you should either consume a potion or take a rest. If you don’t take a rest when you are in danger.

A catastrophe will result.

I was fully engaged in the game, but an in-game message tells me that I don’t have enough "Stamina".

In such situation, destroy one of the "Tree-Root Crystals" that are scattered on the ground.

There is a sad story behind these crystals, but I will keep it secret until CBT.

The amount of "Stamina" that you have can be checked by looking at the yellow jewel at the bottom of the screen.
If there are no "Tree-Root Crystals" nearby, then you can also consume a "Stamina Tablet".

No tablets and No crystals? Then just walk around.

Even those Kepas have friends, but why am I alone?
And then a thought crossed my head. "TOS is a MMORPG game so I should not test alone." I invited a developer to play with me.

Mr. Peach. The character is a male.

Do not misunderstand our chats. We are just going for hunting.

If you are playing with your party members, you can clear quests together.

But of course, don’t just take a rest and rely fully on your party members.

We reached the den of Bubbes. Bubbes are vicious monsters that capture children in villages.

Since I am not alone anymore, I am not scared even when there are a bunch of monsters.

When I am with my friend, I don’t need to take a rest while defeating a boss.

Mr. Peach jumped off the cliff to rescue me.

You will eventually end up at a village if you follow the direction on the map.

The map of the village. The village is quite big, but there are not many people in the village.

Many people in this village were called up to serve for the military.

You can learn diverse types of "Attributes" from "Class Masters" in the village.

The "Attributes" that Swordsman can learn.

Wow. Huge… (I meant her hands)

After tiding up myself at the village, I moved to the mine which is my next destination.

This place looks very familiar.

You can go inside the mine by using jump (X).

The mine was very big inside so I encountered many boss monsters.

When you defeat bosses, you have chances of receiving "Recipes". When you collect all of the ingredients that are listed on a "Recipe", you can craft the item on the "Recipe" while you are on "Rest Mode".
Mr. Peach gave me "One handed Sword" that he crafted from one of the recipes that he obtained by defeating a boss.

I am enjoying the game much more with my stronger weapon.

I hope my play report helped out all of you who are eagerly waiting for the game, and I promise that I will come back with a post on our internal test on TOS.
I hope everyone keeps their interest in TOS until CBT.
Thanks.

This week’s bonus images.
AD Maggi’s Druid Master and Hunter Master concept arts.