Announcement on Extension of Beta Period and EXP event

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Announcement on Extension of Beta Period and EXP event

Post by Flash » November 20th, 2015, 7:19 am

ImcGames annouced that the current iCBT will be extended by 2 weeks. Starting today until the end of the CBT the EXP rate will be doubled. All servers will close at the same time.
Greetings, this is IMCGAMES TOS Team.

We are glad to announce to you that our 2nd CBT on Steam will be extended by 2 weeks.
Therefore, CBT will end on December 9th, 23:00 PM (EST).
(All servers, including Latin American Server, will close on the same day.)

Since many people are asking us to provide EXP Boost Event, we will start the event right away after we finish posting this announcement on the forums. (the event will last until the end of CBT)

We want you to test the high level contents that you weren't able to test and send us your feedback.

The EXP points that you will receive from now on will be doubled.
(Please note that EXP cards will stay the same as before)

Enjoy TOS!

Thank you.
Source: https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/announ ... ent/119537
arnau.muns
Newcomer

Re: Announcement on Extension of Beta Period and EXP event

Post by arnau.muns » November 20th, 2015, 9:46 am

Do u know if they will give extra ICBT keys? extension of CBT is good for those who already have a key but for those who havn't... i want key!!!
Bitrip
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Squire

Post by Bitrip » November 20th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Wow that's awesome. I had recently given up as the grind is a tad bit too extreme for my tastes. I am definitely interested in getting my cleric to 4th or 5th circle now. :D
Now, which one of you will adorn me today?
enrique.lato
Beginner

Post by enrique.lato » November 21st, 2015, 8:46 pm

This is going to be futile for any of us who are stuck with the Boss fight crash (BRUMbLE) anyways, I mean, I'm OK in farming pure mobs to test more ranks and all, but I'm near level 70 on all my characters now and I can't go past that boss fight and mobs my level give close to zero exp and higher level mobs, we all know they have an exp penalty... I really wanted to test my swordie (3 circles) further, it's the only class that is appealing to me in this game (ranged characters feel so underpowered with those huge CD).

Hope that boss fight crash gets fixed next maintenance, for now I guess I'll use the x3 or x6 (?) Might help me build some other char builds I have in mind tho.
iicecube
Newcomer

Post by iicecube » November 22nd, 2015, 10:09 pm

lol double experience, a single mobs is around so little exp and double exp just make the bar move abit faster without noticeable..
The only thing we can level faster is from the experience cards but they mention its not implement on the cards..
enrique.lato
Beginner

Post by enrique.lato » November 26th, 2015, 12:25 am

iicecube wrote:lol double experience, a single mobs is around so little exp and double exp just make the bar move abit faster without noticeable..
The only thing we can level faster is from the experience cards but they mention its not implement on the cards..
Yup, the only part it shows like a "huge" lvling boost is from 1 to 40, after 40 it feels the same, hell, I've been grinding on my swordie on mobs that give "good" exp and mobs I can kill on 2 or 3 hits and it feels soooo slow.

I was waiting for this game for so long, but I think it's going to be a HUUUUUGE pass for me. The normal leveling will be a freaking pain! And I can't imagine how bad this is going to be for peple like me that have little time to play being in a group of people able to grind faster due the lack of powerleveling.

It was good while it lasted :ok:
Aleksu
Newcomer

Post by Aleksu » November 26th, 2015, 6:23 pm

sry guys but grinding by killing Mobs is rly slow so everyone already noticed that EXP Cards are the only Option..
In my opinion ist the fastest way by far to lvl up fast means by just questing ist possible to reach lvl 100 within 3 days...(solo)
So why bother with ,Mobs and grinding???
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » November 26th, 2015, 7:34 pm

Aleksu wrote:sry guys but grinding by killing Mobs is rly slow so everyone already noticed that EXP Cards are the only Option..
In my opinion ist the fastest way by far to lvl up fast means by just questing ist possible to reach lvl 100 within 3 days...(solo)
So why bother with ,Mobs and grinding???
When you're under-leveled to do a quest, you'll have to grind it. If you takes exp cards for granted you'll hit the level 165 grind which becomes a pain in the ass and overall better to create a new character and grind the 145-165 and use all the exp cards to skip to 175. But since they doubled the exp rate, it's doable.
enrique.lato
Beginner

Post by enrique.lato » December 1st, 2015, 2:49 am

I really think this is going to be a failure. Why?

Forcing people over lvl 50 to a single channel, no no. I know RO was the same (single channel) yet the maps were bigger and there were a huuuge amount of mobs, here, the maps are small, mobs concentrate in specific areas, KS is encouraged by devs and that's retarded.

EXP gain is freaking ridiculous slow! Man even with the boost, feels like hell.This only means, they planning on milking the cow with XP boosts and things like that, and that will break the little to non existent PVP aspect of the game, pay2win should end now.

Game balance is hideous, frame rates too. They going open beta on Korea in a couple of days, the game should stay on closed beta for a couple of months because imho, the game is far by stable for an open beta.