New Class Icons

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

New Class Icons

Post by Flash » August 27th, 2015, 4:08 am

In one of the recent patches imcGames replaced the old class icons with new ones.
Archer Class Icons
Cleric Class Icons
Swordsman Class Icons
Wizard Class Icons
Beelzemon

Re: New Class Icons

Post by Beelzemon » August 27th, 2015, 4:45 am

Old one was better :sob:
Behemoth!
Newcomer

Post by Behemoth! » August 27th, 2015, 4:47 am

:( why... the old ones were much better... lost all the "medieval style" :panic:
Mr.Nova
Donator
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Mr.Nova » August 27th, 2015, 5:10 am

Wonder why the reason for the coloring is.

Connected to stats?
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel
Behemoth!
Newcomer

Post by Behemoth! » August 27th, 2015, 5:15 am

Yeah, man. Each colour is conected with the type of skills of the classes...
I think green it's support; Blue it's defense; Red it's damage and yellow it's summon/craft
Hemo
Donator
Timezone: UTC+3
Favorite Class: Cryomancer

Post by Hemo » August 27th, 2015, 6:22 am

I agree with the guys above, I actually prefer the old ones :no1:
made by wangqr from deviantart
Fleece
Apprentice

Post by Fleece » August 27th, 2015, 6:36 am

:wah: I actually like the new ones better, especially as a party member indicator. The old ones were a little difficult to tell apart (woe is my untrained eyes!)
Ltb_Regen
Newcomer

Post by Ltb_Regen » August 27th, 2015, 7:15 am

Some of the icons presented the class better than old ones, though I still like the style of frame that store the class icon in the old ones better than the new ones.

Though, I noticed that Archer class had one more class icon. :?:
It looks like the Archer Class Icon, but instead of an arrow, it was a sword that was nocked and drawn on the bowstring instead. (Unless I'm somehow blind or something and mistook an arrow for a sword)
Noah
Beginner

Post by Noah » August 27th, 2015, 7:38 am

Ltb_Regen wrote: Though, I noticed that Archer class had one more class icon. :?:
It looks like the Archer Class Icon, but instead of an arrow, it was a sword that was nocked and drawn on the bowstring instead. (Unless I'm somehow blind or something and mistook an arrow for a sword)
It's probably a new class. It can copy any weapon equipment of it's opponent and use it as a projectile. Later this class can use all previos copied weapons in a skill that opens a dimension filled with swords:P
Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Arec » August 27th, 2015, 2:16 pm

Behemoth! wrote:Yeah, man. Each colour is conected with the type of skills of the classes...
I think green it's support; Blue it's defense; Red it's damage and yellow it's summon/craft
Kind of curious about the support thing. Because some of the classes marked blue dont really have any defense skills but more supportish. For example, Paladin is blue, they have 2 defensive skills, 1 healing, 1 debuff, and 2 attacks. Then Green is support but, Wugushi deals damage over time? or something like that...

Or am i looking at it from the wrong perspective?
Satorichu
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Kabbalist

Post by Satorichu » August 27th, 2015, 2:49 pm

I honestly like the Newer Class Icons. I understand some people enjoyed the feel of the old one's but I think they want to make it sorta easier to understand what the classes in general do.
Icystare
Wiki Manager
Timezone: GMT -5
Favorite Class: Pardoner

Post by Icystare » August 27th, 2015, 5:16 pm

The older icons were good but it was difficult to tell them apart at a glance. I personally prefer the newer ones.
WatchGintama
Donator

Post by WatchGintama » August 27th, 2015, 8:17 pm

These look great.
Arrex
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+1

Post by Arrex » August 27th, 2015, 8:28 pm

I like the new buttons more. Ofcourse the old style looked very much like an emblem on a shield, what was super-medieval, but these look like gems, which fits the somewhat fairytale- or mystical-theme of the game very well.
Mycroft
Newcomer

Post by Mycroft » August 28th, 2015, 9:57 am

These look excellent, and easier to identify with a mere glance in comparison to their predecessors.
Vince
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC +1

Post by Vince » August 30th, 2015, 5:00 pm

They totally looks much easier to understand than the old icons, it gives new player an easier time to know what the classes is based of with the simple logos and colour.

I think the new logos gives of a modern/fantasyish feeling, with the gem like part together with the crumbly textured stone frame.
Vektor
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Plague Doctor

Post by Vektor » August 30th, 2015, 8:04 pm

Looking sharp, looking good! I like the fact that we can very easily determine which icon belongs to each class at first glance. I approve of this change and find the new symbol designs very well made!
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » August 31st, 2015, 12:15 am

They definitely look more easier to clarify now. One thing that would be interesting is if the border improves each time they increase the circle of a specified class. :heh:
Ltb_Regen wrote:Though, I noticed that Archer class had one more class icon. :?:
It's a possibility it could be Hackapell, a class known to wield both melee and ranged weapon. With a plethora of classes yet to be revealed, it's exciting to see things unravel!
Arec wrote:Kind of curious about the support thing. Because some of the classes marked blue dont really have any defense skills but more supportish. For example, Paladin is blue, they have 2 defensive skills, 1 healing, 1 debuff, and 2 attacks. Then Green is support but, Wugushi deals damage over time? or something like that...

Or am i looking at it from the wrong perspective?
Interesting enough, DoT type classes tend to be seen as a damage support rather than a damage dealer. If you think of Wugushi as a stand alone, they only have normal attacks and Needle Blow as their direct source of damage. Sadly, Needle Blow has quite a bit of a cooldown. I don't particularly know how long poison effect last, but it would be a problem for them if the poison to be shorter than the cooldowns of a couple of their skills. I always think of a DoT class to be: "I will make sure that the enemy is still going to be damaged while everyone else's skills are on cooldown."

They additionally do have support related abilities like removing poison, spreading poison, confusion and also a recently added skill I noticed, enchant themselves and party members with a poison on their first attack. Interesting stuff. :gawi:
Auramazda
Newcomer

Post by Auramazda » August 31st, 2015, 11:19 am

the new icon are very good, but after they changed it in the skill simulator now you can choose every class at every rank, at rank 6 I can choose 11 class, please fix it that are a great feauture of this site
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » August 31st, 2015, 12:24 pm

Hello Auramazda,

this is not a bug, this is how imcGames changed the game logic with one of the last patches.
Flash updated the Skill Builder based on the update information from imcGames from the last weeks.

Kind regards
Gardosen
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/