Questions and Answers about ToS #11

Silk
Apprentice

Questions and Answers about ToS #11

Post by Silk » August 4th, 2014, 1:01 pm

Tree of Savior Dev team posted official English translation for ToS Q&A 11
Hello. I am syKim from “Tree of Savior (TOS)” Development team.
This is 11th post of “Questions and Answers about TOS” which answers the questions that we received during the last week. Today, we participated in the internal-test of “WOLFKNIGHTS” for whole day so our post was delayed a bit. We really enjoyed “WOLFKNIGHTS” a lot. For your reference, you can visit the “WOLFKNIGHTS” Developers’ Blog from the following link. http://blog.wolfknights.com

▲ Playing “WOLFKNIGHTS”

Q) How many skills does each class have?
A) It varies from one class to the other. The class which possesses the least number of skills has five skills.

Q) Is there any class which is specialized in crafting? Or is crafting done by sub-classes?
A) There are a few classes that have skills related to crafting. Those classes are not sub-classes and they start at the same level like the other classes.

▲ Alchemist which represents a class specialized in crafting. So much time and efforts should be spent on crafting items so if you see Alchemists on the road who are burning, boiling, squeezing ingredients, send them a word of cheers.

Q) Can we freely change the keys that are used in the game? If it’s possible, I want to play using NUMPAD.
A) We don’t have any keyboard customization function in the game yet, but we will try our best to include this function in the game before we launch our commercial service.

Q) Please support traditional Chinese letters on the International Version.
A) We know that lots of Taiwanese fans are interested in TOS. We also have in our mind that we should prepare a comfortable environment for our Taiwanese fans so please wait for our further development.

Q) Are there any classes which have skills that deal damages over time on enemies?
A) There are some classes which have skills that deal damages over time such as Fletcher class which uses special arrows, Wugushi class which uses poison and etc.

Q) Are genders locked for the classes in the game?
A) No. We don’t have any class yet that only has one gender.

Q) Is it possible to lengthen the life of a fire place by adding some fuels or firewood into it?
A) Yes. It is possible to lengthen the life of a fire place by adding firewood into it.

▲ Fire place that is ignited by someone can be used by all.

Q Can we change colors of the costumes in the game?
A) We are looking for the most optimized solution for this question. However, if we were to develop such feature, then we want to first change skin colors of the characters.

Q) Can items be damaged when fighting against enemies?
A) Items won’t disappear, but if an item’s durability becomes 0, then you won’t be able to use its maximum performance. You can fix items’ durability via Ironsmith NPC or a class named Squire can also fix items’ durability.

Q) When is CBT by the way? It is now summer.
A) Ever since our FGT was over, we focused on the development so that we can launch CBT within this year’s summer, but more time was needed than we had expected on the overall balancing of the game so we think CBT will be delayed a bit. When the date for CBT gets confirmed, we will announce it to all of you via TOS Facebook and Developers’ Blog so please kindly understand for the delay.

This week’s class introductions.

▲ “Peltasta” is a swordsman-type class which uses a shield and a sword together.

Peltasta can block enemies’ attacks and attack enemies using a shield and it can even provoke monsters by tapping its shield itself. Shield attacks deal a great amount of damages on the enemies that are either in Frozen or Petrified status so it is more effective to collaborate with Creomancer or Elementalist classes.
Peltasta can even throw its shield at its enemies, but if you don’t pick it up soon enough, then the shield may disappear.

▲ Pardoner is a cleric-type class which can make different types of scrolls.

It can make Booster items that will be used once automatically whenever you attack or defend, and it can also make one of its skills into a consumable item and either give or sell it to other player. If you have a skill scroll that is made by Pardoner, then regardless of which class you use, you can use cleric-type magic at any time you want.
“Staying in the field after Log-out” is a feature that makes TOS interesting, and we will tell you more about it in the near future.

▲ Hoplite is a swordsman-type class which uses a spear.

If Hoplite uses “Overhand Thrust” stance, then its Critical rate will temporarily increase in exchange for a decrease in its Evasion rate. When an enemy is about to attack, it can receive a Counter Bonus when it counter-attacks the enemy using its shield and spear simultaneously. Spears have longer attack ranges than swords and some skills with a spear will deal bonus damages on the gigantic monsters.

▲ “Sorcerer” is a wizard-type class which summons a devil.

If you insert a card, which you can obtain from defeating devil-type boss monsters, into “Grimoire”, then you can summon the devil which has the appearance of the boss monster you defeated. You can either order attacks, or order the devil to protect some designated place. You can also mount onto the devil and control it directly by using attack keys and movement keys.

▲ A video clip to help your understanding.

This week’s bonus image

▲ “Cleric (female)” initial design (by AD Maggi)

Okay so that’s it for this week. If you have any questions, please forward them to TOS Facebook or Developers’ Blog. Thanks.
Silk
Apprentice

Re: Questions and Answers about ToS #11, English

Post by Silk » August 4th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Skin color. Become hype and turn down for what.

I'm very excited because I consider my character to be an in game representation of me, so this makes it much easier for me to feel at home in the game. And online games can sometimes eschew skin color or even have skin colors but only olive and peach tones. (In Tera only humans can be deep colors, every other race has fantasy colors like red and blue, and then light toned olive and tan colors.)

There's only one other online game with top down view on 2D/handdrawn characters and skin color choice. Wakfu.
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Re: Questions and Answers about ToS #11, English

Post by Phelsetti » August 4th, 2014, 2:04 pm

With 80 classes, I can see some may get the lower end of the bargain. But even then, as long as the skill represents the class well, I see no problems.

Was kinda saddened how people thought Fletchers were only capable of crafting arrows. "Why would they make something they can't properly utilize? Plus that would be a waste of a pretty cool armor." I thought. But I'm glad they released info that they at least have a DoT ability through special arrows.
Vrenna
Apprentice

Re: Questions and Answers about ToS #11

Post by Vrenna » August 4th, 2014, 3:20 pm

Looks great as usual.
I'm quite interested in the shield classes, always liked tanks that could do some serious damage in games, Petalsta and Hoplite are awesome, I'm also loving the "Stances", this is an important aspect of combat in reality that just a few games care to explore, I'm glad TOS is doing it.

The 5 skill minimum ammount also may sound quite limited, but considering the diverse applications of skills and the extra systems (For example: Sorcerer sounds like that type of class. I think you only need skills to summon and issue orders, and that's done, cause the diversity of things you can do in the class are in the "extra system" of having a diversity of demons to summon). So that sounds great! I mean, I've seen many games with classes with lots of skills that just... did the same as others! (slightly different, but was that really necessary?) Compact classes have a certain charm of gameplay, mostly when these skills have diverse applications.

Good thing you guys are working on skin colors too, I saw people complaining about that in another game that was recently released, and even though the game setting was really etnic/setting specific, due to some other little details, you couldn't justify the single skin tone choice that there was available. You've gotta always think about the players that represent themselves in game, other than just creating independent fictional characters too (like myself).

And more, Crafting Classes! This sounds GREAT. I mean, another playstyle? Other than just mercilessly killing everything in your way to make your day? That's the way! I've always wanted to be something else in a MMO, just for a change. Being a merchant or something you know? I like that for real, thanks for working on that idea!

Also... “Staying in the field after Log-out”. That sounds really interesting. I'm curious about what kind of... possibilities the developers are going to explore in that concept.
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » August 4th, 2014, 4:02 pm

But Phel, wouldn't the DOT come from the arrow? Like fire/poison arrows. o: The 'skill' would be crafting them, lol.
Desperate for 1 key.
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » August 5th, 2014, 8:41 am

Laima wrote:But Phel, wouldn't the DOT come from the arrow? Like fire/poison arrows. o: The 'skill' would be crafting them, lol.
Makes them just as great too! If it does effect skills though, like if another archer class uses something like arrow shower with fire arrows, would be pretty cool if the area becomes lit on fire for a bit.
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » August 5th, 2014, 11:22 am

That sounds reasonable. In the psychokino preview, the archer's arrow rain had a dark hue, which is pretty unusual unless he was actually using dark arrows made by a fletcher. :D
Desperate for 1 key.
Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Arec » August 5th, 2014, 3:32 pm

I actually have one of those leaked videos of the diverse set of arrows. Im not sure if theyre the item, or if theyre skills but the character looks like theyre regular attacking and their arrows change whenever they do that GM imput command thing.