Questions and Answers about ToS #10, Korean

Silk
Apprentice

Questions and Answers about ToS #10, Korean

Post by Silk » July 25th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Though we should expect a translation soon, here's the 10th installment of ToS Devblog Question and Answer. The team talks items stats and so conversation gets a little complex, but Redditor Giltine has come in with the fan translation. See below

Rest mode (i.e. sitting) improves regeneration, and there are some tasks that can only be done during rest mode (e.g. crafting by classes like Fletcher). Bonfires can also be set up to further improve regeneration of anyone resting nearby.

Although some classes are inspired by real cultures, the corresponding civilizations will not be represented in the game, e.g. there won't be Rome-like cities just because there are hoplites and centurions (just an example).

The game has not yet been planned to be made compatible with mobile devices (smartphones).

There will be measures to prevent centurion exploits (I don't understand the exact measures). Basically, the developers aren't worried about it.

Although a chronomancer can revert time to revive a monster and double the loot, there is a time distortion mechanic to prevent abuse by multiple chronomancers repeatedly reviving the same monster.

Hackapel class

Like Cataphract, there are archer classes designed for mounted combat, such as Hackapell. Archer classes will be featured in the next Q&A.

About the Symphonix issue, TOS and Symphonix did make contracts for some of the music in the game.

If there will be different voice packs due to localization, there will also be an option to choose between them. But for now, the character voices (Japanese) are still under development.

"Show me the artwork of a male character."

Male Centurion Class

Item tooltip

-An item's tooltip contains stars which gives a rough indication of how good that item is.
-Items can have 'options' or additional effects, such as critical chance or splash damage.
-Some items have class or level restrictions.
-Items have potential (green bar), which indicates how much more those items can be upgraded

-Items are classified into 4 rarities: Plain (Normal), Magic, Rare and Unique. The higher the rarity, the higher its potential and number of options.
-Items have weight, and the weight penalty is movement speed reduction. Your carrying capacity is increased by your stats (any stat?)
-Other important details in the item tooltip include durability (yellow bar), item category (e.g. Greatsword) and damage type (e.g. Cutting/Slashing).

There will be item sets and set effects.

Crafting requires a recipe/formula and is done during rest mode. It's part of the adventure journal (i.e. completion rate and score). When crafting an item, you can slightly modify the name and description.

There are three ways of upgrading an item. First is the usual refinement (+1, +2, ...) which improves the item's basic stat (e.g. attack for weapons). Refining an item involves placing it on anvil, then striking it with basic attacks. It doesn't seem to consume the item's potential.

The second way to upgrade items is by attaching jewelry, which tweaks the options of an item. There are different shapes of jewelry, and you can only insert a jewel into a slot of the same shape. Jewels can be bought in cities, but you may need to visit and mine in a blacksmith village for more. Adding jewels reduces the item's potential.

The last method of upgrading is by attaching amulets. Amulets give special effects that cannot be found in options. You can also repeatedly attach the same type of amulet. Attached amulets can also be visibly seen. Finally, adding amulets appears to reduce the item's potential.

Older "Archer" Class design (by Art Director Magi)
That's all for today. For the translation thank Giltine from the ToS reddit, also known as our forum guest Lamia. See you next time with the English update.

Sources:
Original fan translation
http://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/co ... anslation/

Original Korean devblog post
http://blog.treeofsavior.com/?p=504

Edit:
Added translated images by cholo.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Re: Questions and Answers about ToS #10, Korean

Post by Flash » July 25th, 2014, 3:36 pm

Hmm they already twittered that the english blog post should be available didn't they? Pretty weird it's still not posted ^^

However, thanks for posting this. The crafting / refining system looks pretty nice however I really miss those Skill Preview videos.
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » July 25th, 2014, 3:39 pm

They said in fb that they'll update the english blog this monday. I guess they changed their mind. XD
Desperate for 1 key.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » July 25th, 2014, 3:48 pm

Ok good to know, so I don't have to wait and keep refreshing the blog page xD
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » July 25th, 2014, 4:05 pm

I'm quite amused of the bird nest hat. :)

On the confusing bit, some people weren't so impressed on how Archers are on the skill preview. The developers would like to prove otherwise. More skill previews to come!

I love the complexity of equipment. Adds more variety to ToS!

They will also introduce more classes to us. (Not sure about it being this week, most definitely on the next Q&A)
Hasell
Beginner

Post by Hasell » July 25th, 2014, 6:49 pm

I'm in love with that hud.
cholo
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by cholo » July 25th, 2014, 10:25 pm

Hey! I made translations for the tooltips, because I figured that people unable to read Korean would be annoyed at seeing foreign characters everywhere. [;<
Re-edit: Pictures aren't necessary as you added them to the original post. Thank you!

Edit: I understand that there may be some errors, so please let me know if you catch something. Also, not all of them are direct translations, but rather a vague description. They will provide correct information regardless. Thanks!
Last edited by cholo on July 26th, 2014, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » July 26th, 2014, 1:19 am

Thanks for the translations. I will add them to the news :)
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » July 26th, 2014, 3:46 am

Thanks cholo! I've made some edits based on the translation of the socket interface, as well as input from reddit.
Desperate for 1 key.
cholo
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by cholo » July 26th, 2014, 5:16 am

Thanks to you both for taking the time to use the pictures and info!

@ Flash: I re-did one of the pictures so you could replace the entire photo of the upgraded weapon with sockets. My mistake for only taking a piece of the picture the first time!

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » July 26th, 2014, 5:40 am

I replaced this image too, thanks again. I wanted to edit your translation to the original image but somehow forgot it but this is better anyway :)
Ruvian
Beginner

Post by Ruvian » July 27th, 2014, 1:09 am

Hasell wrote:I'm in love with that hud.
Me too :D