Focused Group Interview Information

User avatar
Flash
Site Admin
Posts: 1265
Joined: February 2014
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Gender: None specified

Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Flash » June 4th, 2015, 8:18 pm

NEXON posted some official information about the recent FGI (Focused Group Interview) on their website. We don't have an official translation but the user emailboxu posted a translation on Reddit.
Greetings. I am GM Leslie.

As we announced on May 22nd, the FGI on May 30th-31st was held.

We'll give you a tour of where we held this event between users and devs.
Image
[Please Enter [?]]
We invited more than 100 users to the normal user meetings, but for this FGI we wanted a more personal, 1 to 1 interview style of discussion so we prepared the meeting in this way.

Because of this many people asked questions like "are more people coming?" "why are there more devs than users?" etc.
Image
[What am I doing here...]
We knew it would be kind of awkward at first, but before 30 minutes was up, everyone was very comfortable and didn't even notice me walking around taking pictures.
Image
[Users and developers have a heated discussion.]
Image
[A user who was determined not to miss a single word borrowed my MacBook.]
Image
[He even took notes on the jokes we made.]
The main issues discussed were about skill balance and various bugs. I'll discuss these in more details after this image section. Pictures first.
Image
[Everyone was so busy discussing that they ignored the snacks, so I pretended to take pictures and ate them.]
From here are pictures of the users from May 31st.
Image
[If the FGI of the 30th were like a round-table discussion, the FGI of the 31st was more like a in-game guild meeting]
Image
[Felt like a meeting of 화기애애한 [? Possibly celebrity talk-show sort of meaning] boys.]
Image
[From the left, people from Daegu, Busan, Jeonju]
On May 30th we had 8 people, on the 31st we had 6 people for a total of 14. The developers would like to say they were very thankful that people from so far away came to discuss this game.

During the 2nd CBT more than 20,000 people participated, but only 14 people were invited to this meeting so the developers made sure to note everything they said.
Image
The place where we held the FGI was actually the office of imc GAMES's Kim Se Yong, the person in charge of the ToS blog. Note that he's also the person who was answering questions on Naver Cafe under the ID "Kim Sek Sek". That's all the information I'll give you, ㅋㅋ [aka, KEKE]

For the finale of the interviews, we had a time where Vice President Kim Se Yong answered questions directly.
Image
[Concentration +1]
Image
[Sharp and analytic questions.]

Now I will give some details regarding the interviews that took place.

Image
How will the Adventurer Journal Rankings work? Buying things on the Auction house raised this score. [During the last CBT]

Image
The amount of Ranking points you received from Crafting in the CBT may have seemed high in the restricted access of the client. We don't think this will be a problem in the larger population of the official release. However, we are still considering having weekly or branching resets for this ranking.

Image
My party's summoned quest boss was stolen by other players and I didn't even get any of the rewards as a result. That sucked.

Image
We didn't create instanced dungeons or layer separation because we wanted to capture the basic MMORPG essence. We know it's impossible to expect all the players to act mannerly in this kind of game. Realistically for every good/kind player there's also bad/mean players, and with this thought in mind we think that stealing is a part/element of the genre [that they can't necessarily fix without removing a lot of player interaction].

Conversely, a high-leveled player might see a low-leveled player struggling with a boss and help them out as they are passing through. We want a user's experience to be varied and rich [?].

However, for party play, we're probably going to need more input from the players.

- Currently we're considering ideas like lowering the contribution of people not in the party, or making them miss when they try to attack.

Image
I sent a bug report with the in-game function, but there wasn't a response so I'm wondering if it's actually working [Report function].

Image
We created a feedback system for the bug-reporter, and received about 20,000 reports, many because people didn't receive an instantaneous reaction from the devs regarding their report [so we got many repeated reports]. We considered putting in a "critical" bug reporting function for serious bugs, but it was too likely that people would abuse this for less important bugs so we dropped the idea.

Image
That Gem Extraction destroyed the Gem was an unpleasant surprise.

Image
I think there was a misunderstanding so we'd like to rectify that. We made Gem Extraction destroy the Gems to combat inflation of Gems. There were a lot of differing opinions on this aspect of the game. There was also a suggestion that instead of destroying Gems, that the items' rating be lowered. We're still having difficulty settling on a solution.

Image
No matter how much I explore the map, I can't seem to get 100% completion.

Image
We're going to improve the UI side of this.

Image
You said there would be a lot of hidden content. [There was a lot of hidden content.]

Image
There's also hidden quests. For the previous CBT there were about 2 hidden items in each map. In the Cash Shop there were Dowsing Machine consumable items put in so that people could test out this function, but because everyone was so preoccupied with leveling, many people missed out on this aspect of the game.

Image
Are there plans to implement guilds??

Image
There's a separate class that can make guilds. It's called the "Templar Class". It will have guild-related/specific skills and will be available around the 8th ranking.

Image
Currently the max party size is 5, are there any plans to expand this?

Image
Because of the wide variety of skills a single player can have, we think that 5 is a suitable size for parties. [ie, no plans for expansion]

Image
I know there have been many questions regarding the marriage system. Please also put in same-sex marriage.

Image
We haven't even considered the marriage system at all yet, but we can already see people asking for SSM. Just for reference, we're not sure if SSM will be legalized in Korea.

Image
When I killed a shiny monster in the field it dropped way too many items.

Image
Shiny monsters were supposed to have a 1000x drop rate, but instead dropped 1000 items, which would instantly fill your inventory to the max. That was a mistake on our part. There are golden and silver monsters, and if you look closely you should be able to tell them apart.

Image
I don't feel like the 2nd CBT was properly developed or optimized. I'd like to play in a more stable environment.

Image
Our excuse is that the programmers have been developing the game on high-end machines so we didn't properly account for or optimize for lower-end PC users. Please allow us some time before we get to that.
Image
We haven't yet obtained any ToS-related goods/swag so our thank you gifts were mostly department store [Korean Department stores are different from those in the West, just FYI] gift cards and snacks.

We hope this was an enjoyable experience for everyone, and for the next event we'll try to bring in the people who couldn't make it to this one.



We'll provide links for people interested in the user reviews of the meeting below.

Official Homepage
Hatek's Review [Direct Link]

Naver Cafe
Vianari's Review [Direct Link]

Lunatic's Review [Direct Link]

Lotus's Review [Direct Link]

nseom's Review [Direct Link]

Burning's Review [Direct Link]
User avatar
Vektor
Apprentice
Posts: 94
Joined: May 2015
Favorite Class: Plague Doctor
Gender: Male

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Vektor » June 5th, 2015, 12:24 am

Very interesting information we got here. Most of the Q&A seems to be acknowledgment of issues in the game that they are going to work on, but what caught my attention the most was the comment about Templar class. Having a single class being able to create guilds will certainly impact the game greatly, and I'm not sure if that's for the best.

Since the class is called "Templar", it's fair to assume it'll either be a Swordsman or Cleric class. I don't know how healthy it is to push people into whatever branch the class is in just so that they can organize a guild. In my RO times, guilds were a huge part of the game and becoming a member of one made the game extremely more enjoyable for me. The fact that a Circle 8 class is the only one that can create a guild will most likely lead to Guilds being mostly focused on "serious" play, as in organized parties for certain objectives, PvP or other such events, simply because whoever went trough the trouble of picking a certain character class and leveling it to Circle 8 specifically with the whole guild business in mind is most likely doing so for competitive purposes.

Long story short, I worry how restricting the ability to a create a guild to a Circle 8 class is going to impact the amount of Casual / Roleplaying guilds in the game.
User avatar
Mr.Nova
Donator
Posts: 316
Joined: August 2014
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Location: Florida
Favorite Class: Templar
Gender: Male

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Mr.Nova » June 5th, 2015, 5:30 am

Really disappointed about the Cash shop.

I can only hope it doesn't take after typical Korean Cash Shops and instantly P2W the game (even though they always say there's nothing you need to pay for)
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel
Image
User avatar
Ramsus
Beginner
Posts: 15
Joined: May 2015
Gender: None specified

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Ramsus » June 5th, 2015, 9:49 am

Flash wrote: Image
My party's summoned quest boss was stolen by other players and I didn't even get any of the rewards as a result. That sucked.

Image
We didn't create instanced dungeons or layer separation because we wanted to capture the basic MMORPG essence. We know it's impossible to expect all the players to act mannerly in this kind of game. Realistically for every good/kind player there's also bad/mean players, and with this thought in mind we think that stealing is a part/element of the genre [that they can't necessarily fix without removing a lot of player interaction].

Conversely, a high-leveled player might see a low-leveled player struggling with a boss and help them out as they are passing through. We want a user's experience to be varied and rich [?].

However, for party play, we're probably going to need more input from the players.

- Currently we're considering ideas like lowering the contribution of people not in the party, or making them miss when they try to attack.
[/quote]

I really liked that answer, when devs try to make everyone happy they usually end creating a really boring product, I hope they decide to do nothing about but it.


Aside for that, I'm kinda worried they didn't address the problem with the game difficulty, everything just seems waaaay too easy to kill, even boss monsters, they really need to something about that, and by something I don't mean just adding more HP to everything.
User avatar
Aurora
Beginner
Posts: 19
Joined: April 2015
Gender: None specified

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Aurora » June 5th, 2015, 6:05 pm

As a casual gamer I paid more attention to the snacks (wish I was there lol) and the bunny! :pif:

Anyhow, I echo the concern regarding guild creation capability. What if I don't want to play the Templar class but wish to lead a guild?

I also like the idea of not having any instanced dungeons, but I'm always hesitant to help out because it's hard to tell sometimes whether a player is kiting or is running away and needs help...
User avatar
Vince
Apprentice
Posts: 100
Joined: November 2014
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: UTC +1
Location: Europe
Gender: None specified

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Vince » June 5th, 2015, 10:34 pm

Yes the snacks =3= Whaaat is a honey butter chip, i want to try it.

Altest it is more rewarding until you get to rank 8 and gets to make a guild, maybe they tried to make it more special/different from other MMORPG´s and we can still be in parties even though a guild haven't been created yet.

It would be more convenient if every class from rank 8 and up could make a guild though.
User avatar
Charon
Newcomer
Posts: 6
Joined: May 2015
Timezone: UTC+1
Location: Slovenia
Gender: None specified

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Charon » June 6th, 2015, 1:03 am

Love the Templar reveal (unless the translation is misleading of course).

I can see them having useful guild-related skills (hate to bring up RO, but think of EC and the less useful other guild skills that could have been expanded and improved to something neat but never did..).

Makes me wonder if it'll be a Cleric-branch class, some other...or even a shared 8th rank class for all branches instead of their regular 2 choices? That would be interesting, especially if the regular 8th rank classes would turn out to be quite crucial options.

Even cooler would be if there was a guild-leader class for each branch, making the whole guild play a bit differently with the guild-buffs being different in an Archer-lead-guild compared to a Cleric-lead-guild etc..

Hope they clarify that info soon.
Aurora wrote: Anyhow, I echo the concern regarding guild creation capability. What if I don't want to play the Templar class but wish to lead a guild?
Well, do you actually or don't you wish to lead a guild? Either you do wish to lead a guild (= choose to be a Templar when it becomes an option) or you don't (= don't choose Templar).


I actually like this idea a lot, as it requires a determination to be a guild-leader, and because it only becomes an option as late as rank 8, it means you will have invested quite some work into your character by that point and makes the choice an even bigger deal.

Also, if you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Why would there not be a class that is specifically about being a guild-leader? Isn't that what classes are about? Playing different roles? LOL

It's the same as Squire and crafting-classes, a class you can choose..

It's like saying "I want to make potions but don't want to be an Alchemist".. you're basically contradicting yourself. Picking the classes that allow you to do the stuff that you want.. that's kind of the point.
User avatar
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Posts: 124
Joined: September 2014
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Location: Arizona, USA
Favorite Class: Shepherd
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Star.E.Knight » June 6th, 2015, 4:35 am

I dont think I like the Idea of making a class out of a guild leader... but who knows, maybe it will end up being pretty cool.
Image
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
User avatar
Rothene
Apprentice
Posts: 39
Joined: July 2014
Timezone: GMT +10
Location: Australia
Gender: None specified

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Rothene » June 6th, 2015, 5:00 am

Charon wrote:Love the Templar reveal (unless the translation is misleading of course).

I can see them having useful guild-related skills (hate to bring up RO, but think of EC and the less useful other guild skills that could have been expanded and improved to something neat but never did..).

Makes me wonder if it'll be a Cleric-branch class, some other...or even a shared 8th rank class for all branches instead of their regular 2 choices? That would be interesting, especially if the regular 8th rank classes would turn out to be quite crucial options.

Even cooler would be if there was a guild-leader class for each branch, making the whole guild play a bit differently with the guild-buffs being different in an Archer-lead-guild compared to a Cleric-lead-guild etc..

Hope they clarify that info soon.
Aurora wrote: Anyhow, I echo the concern regarding guild creation capability. What if I don't want to play the Templar class but wish to lead a guild?
Well, do you actually or don't you wish to lead a guild? Either you do wish to lead a guild (= choose to be a Templar when it becomes an option) or you don't (= don't choose Templar).


I actually like this idea a lot, as it requires a determination to be a guild-leader, and because it only becomes an option as late as rank 8, it means you will have invested quite some work into your character by that point and makes the choice an even bigger deal.

Also, if you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Why would there not be a class that is specifically about being a guild-leader? Isn't that what classes are about? Playing different roles? LOL

It's the same as Squire and crafting-classes, a class you can choose..

It's like saying "I want to make potions but don't want to be an Alchemist".. you're basically contradicting yourself. Picking the classes that allow you to do the stuff that you want.. that's kind of the point.
But what if I want to be a Demon summoning Sorcerer GUILD LEADER? Not everyone envisions leading a guild with martial weapon in hand and heavy armour(Assuming Templar is tied to Warrior or Cleric). Granted, what if Templar was one of those Hidden limited classes per server that any class can unlock. Imagine all Templars decide to quit the game at some point and hold the class hostage.
Primo
Beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: May 2015
Gender: None specified

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Primo » June 6th, 2015, 5:58 am

Rothene wrote: But what if I want to be a Demon summoning Sorcerer GUILD LEADER? Not everyone envisions leading a guild with martial weapon in hand and heavy armour(Assuming Templar is tied to Warrior or Cleric). Granted, what if Templar was one of those Hidden limited classes per server that any class can unlock. Imagine all Templars decide to quit the game at some point and hold the class hostage.
I don't think they are stupid enough to do that.
User avatar
Mr.Nova
Donator
Posts: 316
Joined: August 2014
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Location: Florida
Favorite Class: Templar
Gender: Male

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Mr.Nova » June 6th, 2015, 6:23 am

Charon wrote: Well, do you actually or don't you wish to lead a guild? Either you do wish to lead a guild (= choose to be a Templar when it becomes an option) or you don't (= don't choose Templar).


I actually like this idea a lot, as it requires a determination to be a guild-leader, and because it only becomes an option as late as rank 8, it means you will have invested quite some work into your character by that point and makes the choice an even bigger deal.

Also, if you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Why would there not be a class that is specifically about being a guild-leader? Isn't that what classes are about? Playing different roles? LOL

It's the same as Squire and crafting-classes, a class you can choose..

It's like saying "I want to make potions but don't want to be an Alchemist".. you're basically contradicting yourself. Picking the classes that allow you to do the stuff that you want.. that's kind of the point.
That's actually a horrible and completely innaccurate comparison.

In 95% of MMOs, a guild isn't tied to a specific class, while it is an interesting idea, trying to say that a person who doesn't want to play Templar doesn't want to make a guild is a foolish comparison.

People can invest just as much time into other classes and still be dedicated to creating a guild. The only thing this does is force them to play a certain class first in order to do it.

While this idea does interest me, your comparison is just too flawed and foolish to be a valid response to someone's concerns.
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel
Image
Primo
Beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: May 2015
Gender: None specified

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Primo » June 6th, 2015, 6:48 am

Mr.Nova wrote:
Charon wrote: Well, do you actually or don't you wish to lead a guild? Either you do wish to lead a guild (= choose to be a Templar when it becomes an option) or you don't (= don't choose Templar).


I actually like this idea a lot, as it requires a determination to be a guild-leader, and because it only becomes an option as late as rank 8, it means you will have invested quite some work into your character by that point and makes the choice an even bigger deal.

Also, if you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Why would there not be a class that is specifically about being a guild-leader? Isn't that what classes are about? Playing different roles? LOL

It's the same as Squire and crafting-classes, a class you can choose..

It's like saying "I want to make potions but don't want to be an Alchemist".. you're basically contradicting yourself. Picking the classes that allow you to do the stuff that you want.. that's kind of the point.
That's actually a horrible and completely innaccurate comparison.

In 95% of MMOs, a guild isn't tied to a specific class, while it is an interesting idea, trying to say that a person who doesn't want to play Templar doesn't want to make a guild is a foolish comparison.

People can invest just as much time into other classes and still be dedicated to creating a guild. The only thing this does is force them to play a certain class first in order to do it.

While this idea does interest me, your comparison is just too flawed and foolish to be a valid response to someone's concerns.
I completely agree with this post. Tbh this is a much better system than what most mmo's have.

Limiting guild creation to specific a specific class, would reduce the number of people who would just use a guild a name extension.

And having a rank 8 guild leader is not a bad idea rather than having a rank 3 archer(or whatever class). This system requires more determination and makes a player aware and understand of most aspects of the game before making a guild.
User avatar
Charon
Newcomer
Posts: 6
Joined: May 2015
Timezone: UTC+1
Location: Slovenia
Gender: None specified

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Charon » June 6th, 2015, 3:51 pm

Mr.Nova wrote: That's actually a horrible and completely innaccurate comparison.

In 95% of MMOs, a guild isn't tied to a specific class, while it is an interesting idea, trying to say that a person who doesn't want to play Templar doesn't want to make a guild is a foolish comparison.

People can invest just as much time into other classes and still be dedicated to creating a guild. The only thing this does is force them to play a certain class first in order to do it.

While this idea does interest me, your comparison is just too flawed and foolish to be a valid response to someone's concerns.
How is it a flawed comparison? Is it not the same for choosing to be an Alchemist or a Squire etc? You're losing out on other class choices at those ranks for access to a specific role.

I would get your "concern" if we were stuck in ONE class. Fortunately, this game is not like that, and combining different classes is what this game is essentially about. So it's not like your character is automatically ruined across the board because you want the guild-leader class. It would be at most 3 ranks (if it turns out to be more useful) or merely a single rank (if all you cared about was just leading a guild) out of a whooping 10 if not many more in future.

And consider that such a class would likely get crucial guild-related skills, which would then (assuming that they're neat enough) become a big part of your playstyle... it just seems so appropriate for it to be a class, and if it turns out that it is available to all 4 class-branches, then I really don't get what the problem is supposed to be here.

Again, isn't jumping into different roles what class-choice and RPG is about?

(Also, are you seriously saying it is relevant how 0815-MMOs work?)
User avatar
Mr.Nova
Donator
Posts: 316
Joined: August 2014
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Location: Florida
Favorite Class: Templar
Gender: Male

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Mr.Nova » June 6th, 2015, 4:25 pm

Charon wrote: How is it a flawed comparison? Is it not the same for choosing to be an Alchemist or a Squire etc? You're losing out on other class choices at those ranks for access to a specific role.
No, it's not. Making a guild is not even close to being comparable to making potions and food.
Charon wrote: I would get your "concern" if we were stuck in ONE class. Fortunately, this game is not like that, and combining different classes is what this game is essentially about. So it's not like your character is automatically ruined across the board because you want the guild-leader class. It would be at most 3 ranks (if it turns out to be more useful) or merely a single rank (if all you cared about was just leading a guild) out of a whooping 10 if not many more in future.
First mistake, it's not 'my' concern.
Second, the concern that you're still missing is the fact that it's forcing you to a specific class in the first place.
Charon wrote: And consider that such a class would likely get crucial guild-related skills, which would then (assuming that they're neat enough) become a big part of your playstyle... it just seems so appropriate for it to be a class, and if it turns out that it is available to all 4 class-branches, then I really don't get what the problem is supposed to be here.
See above.
Charon wrote: Again, isn't jumping into different roles what class-choice and RPG is about?
A role and a class are two different things. I really can't elaborate on that anymore than I already have.
Charon wrote: (Also, are you seriously saying it is relevant how 0815-MMOs work?)
Is this a real question?
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel
Image
User avatar
Charon
Newcomer
Posts: 6
Joined: May 2015
Timezone: UTC+1
Location: Slovenia
Gender: None specified

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Charon » June 7th, 2015, 11:47 am

Mr.Nova wrote:
Charon wrote: How is it a flawed comparison? Is it not the same for choosing to be an Alchemist or a Squire etc? You're losing out on other class choices at those ranks for access to a specific role.
No, it's not. Making a guild is not even close to being comparable to making potions and food.
Charon wrote: I would get your "concern" if we were stuck in ONE class. Fortunately, this game is not like that, and combining different classes is what this game is essentially about. So it's not like your character is automatically ruined across the board because you want the guild-leader class. It would be at most 3 ranks (if it turns out to be more useful) or merely a single rank (if all you cared about was just leading a guild) out of a whooping 10 if not many more in future.
First mistake, it's not 'my' concern.
Second, the concern that you're still missing is the fact that it's forcing you to a specific class in the first place.
I'm not missing that, I'm asking why that is okay for other aspects but not for guild-leading. Why is it a bad thing if you have to "sacrifice" a rank for the option of being a guild leader (while getting useful guild-related skills in the process)?
Mr.Nova wrote:
Charon wrote: And consider that such a class would likely get crucial guild-related skills, which would then (assuming that they're neat enough) become a big part of your playstyle... it just seems so appropriate for it to be a class, and if it turns out that it is available to all 4 class-branches, then I really don't get what the problem is supposed to be here.
See above.
Charon wrote: Again, isn't jumping into different roles what class-choice and RPG is about?
A role and a class are two different things. I really can't elaborate on that anymore than I already have.
They are related to some degree. But whether a role is restricted to a class really is the developers choice. We don't know what the actual case is here, and I'm contemplating what it would be like if they did limit it to a class.

If it turns out that the actual guild-creation is available to everyone, but there is a Templar class which offers a handful of useful guild-related skills, that would be completely fine, right?

I'm interested in the idea of each class-branch getting one at rank8, I'm wondering how their guild-skills would differ.
Mr.Nova wrote:
Charon wrote: (Also, are you seriously saying it is relevant how 0815-MMOs work?)
Is this a real question?
Well sort-of. I for one couldn't care less about how other MMOs deal with standard features, because I have 0 interest in any of them.
User avatar
Vektor
Apprentice
Posts: 94
Joined: May 2015
Favorite Class: Plague Doctor
Gender: Male

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Vektor » June 8th, 2015, 3:36 am

Charon wrote:Makes me wonder if it'll be a Cleric-branch class, some other...or even a shared 8th rank class for all branches instead of their regular 2 choices? That would be interesting, especially if the regular 8th rank classes would turn out to be quite crucial options.
This would solve most of my concerns concerning the whole Guild deal. If they make Templar a shared class among all 8th ranks, then the problem of being forced to follow a single, specific path because of your desires to lead a Guild would vanish. That would be a fitting solution of course.

However, it does raise the issue of balance. Perhaps the guild abilities will be crafted so as to work and have synergy with other classes from the same tree, and perhaps they would be too overpowered if used by other classes from other trees. For instance, if you went Archer just to become a Scout and pick Cloaking so that you could infiltrate enemy territory and summon your Guild (I still have to lose that RO mentality, sorry guys), that would create an inbalance that would force would-be guild leaders into a specific tree anyway.

So yeah, while the system is innovative and interesting, I worry how it'll have a negative impact in the whole Guild aspect of the game.
Fluckysan
Beginner
Posts: 12
Joined: March 2015
Gender: None specified

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Fluckysan » June 9th, 2015, 8:27 am

NEXON wrote: Image
My party's summoned quest boss was stolen by other players and I didn't even get any of the rewards as a result. That sucked.

Image
We didn't create instanced dungeons or layer separation because we wanted to capture the basic MMORPG essence. We know it's impossible to expect all the players to act mannerly in this kind of game. Realistically for every good/kind player there's also bad/mean players, and with this thought in mind we think that stealing is a part/element of the genre [that they can't necessarily fix without removing a lot of player interaction].

Conversely, a high-leveled player might see a low-leveled player struggling with a boss and help them out as they are passing through. We want a user's experience to be varied and rich [?].

However, for party play, we're probably going to need more input from the players.

- Currently we're considering ideas like lowering the contribution of people not in the party, or making them miss when they try to attack.
I'm so glad they don't go instanciating *_*
As they said, the primal thing about MMO is to share, I had never understood MMO with instances
I'm sure they will end up with a good system to avoid too much stealing (but well it's a social game so, it's also part of the game :))
Anyway, it's always a pleasure to sit and watch a HL party fighting a boss or something, can't do with instances ...
User avatar
Vektor
Apprentice
Posts: 94
Joined: May 2015
Favorite Class: Plague Doctor
Gender: Male

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Vektor » June 9th, 2015, 11:02 pm

Fluckysan wrote:Anyway, it's always a pleasure to sit and watch a HL party fighting a boss or something, can't do with instances ...
Until you get hit with some OHKO leftover AoE to the face :heh:
User avatar
Auralee
Apprentice
Posts: 34
Joined: April 2015
Gender: None specified

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Auralee » June 14th, 2015, 6:17 pm

Greetings. I am GM Leslie.
Image
My party's summoned quest boss was stolen by other players and I didn't even get any of the rewards as a result. That sucked.
I'd like to see Phantasy Star Online 2's looting system to be implemented in Tree of Savior (WYSIWYG-looting system), wherein each player has their own loot and no one can pick it up except yourself (Ex: When a monster dies, Player A gets some loot, then Player B managed to acquire a rare item. Player A cannot see Player B's loots in his screen). This system can be improved by adding some conditions like:

- You need to hit the monster at least once for it to drop some loots.
- The player who contributed the most in defeating a monster gets a higher chance of getting a rare item. For parties, there could be an option where each party member gets the same amount of equal drop rates for each monster killed by any of the party members (think XP Share mechanics). This will prevent the instance where a support-based player would not get rare items all because he was busy healing his members and not whacking at the monster.
Pomz
Newcomer
Posts: 1
Joined: June 2015
Gender: None specified

Re: Focused Group Interview Information

Post by Pomz » June 14th, 2015, 7:02 pm

I think they should make it possible for anyone at rank 8 or above to create a guild through a hard quest which requires some rare materials or something. Only the Templar class can skip this quest and it's the only class to have beneficial guild-related skills. This way people who are more competitive can choose the Templar class and those who don't really care and just want to have fun can do it the old way :ok:
Post Reply