Tree of Savior on Steam Greenlight

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Tree of Savior on Steam Greenlight

Post by Flash » May 12th, 2015, 3:29 pm

The english version of Tree of Savior was added to Steam Greenlight.

Update: The official imcGames GitHub account confirmed that Tree of Savior on Steam Greenlight is real and no fake. It already received enough votes to get accepted. We will get more information about this soon according to imcGames.

Link: Tree of Savior (English Ver.)

Update2: imcGames posted a statement regarding Steam Greenlight on their Dev Blog.
Hello. We are TOS Team.

Many people are asking us who submitted Tree of Savior into Steam Greenlight so we want to clarify here that we, imcGAMES made the submission.

We want to apologize to our fans that we weren’t able to post the announcement about it before the submission. (Please understand that it was our first time submitting our game into Steam Greenlight ^^)

Tree of Savior is now Greenlit within less than 10 hours after we made the submission.

We want to thank you for your love and support for Tree of Savior.

For the information to be updated from now, we will officially announce it on our dev blog and Facebook so stay tuned for more detailed information in the future.

Thanks.

Bitrip
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Squire

Re: Tree of Savior on Steam Greenlight

Post by Bitrip » May 12th, 2015, 5:40 pm

Unfortunately, I think it's fake. Why else would they post screenshots of the Korean version for an English version game?
Now, which one of you will adorn me today?
Fluckysan
Beginner

Post by Fluckysan » May 12th, 2015, 9:17 pm

The good thing is if there are people willing to take time to make fake like that, It shows there is a lot of waiting for this game :no1:
So even if it's a fake ( :sob: ), it's a good sign !
Arrex
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+1

Post by Arrex » May 12th, 2015, 11:07 pm

Well, fake or not, it got green light on Steam now. Took approx. 10,5 hours. The publicity will be a nice effect. ^^
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » May 13th, 2015, 3:49 am

Added statement from Dev Blog.
andysunstory
Beginner
Guild: Collision
Timezone: UTC+10

Post by andysunstory » May 13th, 2015, 4:44 am

Dam nice! We should all add each other on Steam to prepare for the game, and to maintain a friendly connection for the long term of course. Add me here http://steamcommunity.com//id/andysunstory, or let me know what yours are, and I can add you too if ya'll willing
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » May 13th, 2015, 6:18 am

I dont know if i should be happy or sad about this cuz steam hates me. Never had good luck with it but i'm not even sure what greenlight in steam means.
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Mr.Nova
Donator
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Mr.Nova » May 13th, 2015, 6:45 am

Bitrip wrote:Unfortunately, I think it's fake. Why else would they post screenshots of the Korean version for an English version game?
I doubt it's fake, but at the present there isn't really an "English" version.

The videos are what we've all been watching to show people the game.

Undoubtedly they'll update their trailers once a more solid "English" client is created.

At this point, the best examples of the game they have are from the Korean client.
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel
VileFox
Apprentice
Guild: Darkness Falls
Timezone: CST

Post by VileFox » May 13th, 2015, 9:01 am

Steam works amazingly for me, works for every game I've ever had :awsm:
scylfn
Newcomer

Post by scylfn » May 13th, 2015, 9:42 am

Been a lurker of this site since the very beginning.
Seeing this game are on its way to Steam, I can't help but replying to this thread.
I'm quite a steam activist. In any occasion, here is my steam, in case you want to play with me:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/scylfn/
Currently playing a RPG called Aura Kingdom, and dying so much to play this game
scylfn
Newcomer

Post by scylfn » May 13th, 2015, 9:49 am

Star.E.Knight wrote:I dont know if i should be happy or sad about this cuz steam hates me. Never had good luck with it but i'm not even sure what greenlight in steam means.
How come Steam hates you ,lol ?
Greenlight on Steam basically is something like kickstarter, except community don't fund them.
Community's role are to share, vote, rate and give feedback.
Valve, developer of Steam, will decide the release of the said game ( probably depends on the community's reaction )
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » May 13th, 2015, 9:56 am

nice to hear.

lets see when we can finally play the first real english version.
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
vegax87
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT+1
Favorite Class: Wugushi

Post by vegax87 » May 13th, 2015, 10:26 am

It's a smart move, IMCGames chose Steam because they avoid the bureaucracy of certain publishers which literally kill the game with P2W items. As you know, Steam gives a certain flexibility and devs receive direct feedback from the community.
Izuna
Beginner

Post by Izuna » May 13th, 2015, 10:55 am

vegax87 wrote:It's a smart move, IMCGames chose Steam because they avoid the bureaucracy of certain publishers which literally kill the game with P2W items. As you know, Steam gives a certain flexibility and devs receive direct feedback from the community.
/sign

Thats one of my biggest concerns..for instance here in Germany are so many publishers which ruined so many games..if that happens with ToS I'll end up crying in a corner. I'm very active on Steam and if they get a chance there to handle their own business it'd be much better than be published by some crap company..

I'm very curious how things will be going on, but I think this is definitly a step in the right direction :ok:
Auralee
Apprentice

Post by Auralee » May 13th, 2015, 12:37 pm

Soooooo... What will happen to that Nexon/imcGAMES deal?

Thread
- This is definitely good news imho. Valve is pretty established in its own right, and using Steam is a smart move because it'll reach out to a wider audience. :D
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » May 13th, 2015, 2:10 pm

scylfn wrote:
Star.E.Knight wrote:I dont know if i should be happy or sad about this cuz steam hates me. Never had good luck with it but i'm not even sure what greenlight in steam means.
How come Steam hates you ,lol ?
Greenlight on Steam basically is something like kickstarter, except community don't fund them.
Community's role are to share, vote, rate and give feedback.
Valve, developer of Steam, will decide the release of the said game ( probably depends on the community's reaction )
Ah. Okay. But steam hates me cuz it never seems to work for me. And it always seems i have to reinstall every thing at least once. So i think it hates me :)
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » May 13th, 2015, 2:14 pm

Auralee wrote:Soooooo... What will happen to that Nexon/imcGAMES deal?

Thread
- This is definitely good news imho. Valve is pretty established in its own right, and using Steam is a smart move because it'll reach out to a wider audience. :D
Nexon will probably keep publishing the game in Korea and Japan. Maybe some other publishers will also get publishing rights for their country we'll see but "iTOS" seems to be published via Steam ^^
scylfn
Newcomer

Post by scylfn » May 13th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Anyone else had played RO on steam? Did your RO account data stored in your steam or seperate account?
The reason I ask this is because most MMORPG I played on steam use seperate account ( eg : Aura Kingdom on Steam use aeriagames account to store char data). It is a little bit of hassle to login an account while I already logged to Steam)
Auralee
Apprentice

Post by Auralee » May 13th, 2015, 2:49 pm

Flash wrote:
Auralee wrote:Soooooo... What will happen to that Nexon/imcGAMES deal?

Thread
Nexon will probably keep publishing the game in Korea and Japan. Maybe some other publishers will also get publishing rights for their country we'll see but "iTOS" seems to be published via Steam ^^
Happy to hear that. Interrelationship between developers and publishers are a must~ :)

Anyways, how about the translations Flash?