Need Necromancer build help!

Haibane
Newcomer
Favorite Class: Necromancer

Need Necromancer build help!

Post by Haibane » March 14th, 2016, 4:45 pm

I really want to play a Necromancer but am not 100% what prerequisite classes/skills would be best!

I was thinking something like wiz2>Psychokino2>Sorcerer>Necromancer2

Does that sound good or am I missing something very important? What magic class skills are a MUST have?
sasori004
Beginner
Favorite Class: Puppetier

Re: Need Necromancer build help!

Post by sasori004 » March 14th, 2016, 7:48 pm

Hey i would be willing to offer you some help, what were the reasons behind each of your class decisions? Then i can do my best to give my input! :ok:
Haibane
Newcomer

Post by Haibane » March 14th, 2016, 8:09 pm

sasori004 wrote:Hey i would be willing to offer you some help, what were the reasons behind each of your class decisions? Then i can do my best to give my input! :ok:
Hi!

Wiz 2 to get Surespell. But Wiz 3 looks great for Quick Cast!
Psychokino 1 or 2 mainly because I just think the skills look cool and teleportation would be neat.
Sorcerer because I like the summoning skills.
And Necromancer2 because I LOVE the corpse skills and summons!

My playing style is mainly monster/boss battles - not a big pvp fan.
sasori004
Beginner

Post by sasori004 » March 14th, 2016, 8:53 pm

as for the sure spell and quick cast from wizard, im not really sure how long the cast times are on necro or sorcerer, but i do know that kino's skills are instant so you wouldnt make use of it, from what i played of kino; teleport isnt the same as a ragnarok teleport, it teleports you somewhere else on your screen. useful for getting over weird terrain though. and swap does work on bosses so you could use that pretty effectively with your necro / summoner mobs. Also make note if you only go sorcerer 1 you will not get the "attack ground" "riding" "morph" etc that make better use of your summoned mob so itll mainly work as a tank with smaller DPS. i think my biggest suggestion would be to take out wizard 2(if you are focusing on being a summoner type) and maybe take cryo to give you more protection while your mobs deal with DPS. Also the kino spells are neutral property meaning they are good for anything with high elemental resist.
SimonBaku
Beginner

Post by SimonBaku » March 14th, 2016, 9:50 pm

sasori004 wrote:as for the sure spell and quick cast from wizard, im not really sure how long the cast times are on necro or sorcerer, but i do know that kino's skills are instant so you wouldnt make use of it, from what i played of kino; teleport isnt the same as a ragnarok teleport, it teleports you somewhere else on your screen. useful for getting over weird terrain though. and swap does work on bosses so you could use that pretty effectively with your necro / summoner mobs. Also make note if you only go sorcerer 1 you will not get the "attack ground" "riding" "morph" etc that make better use of your summoned mob so itll mainly work as a tank with smaller DPS. i think my biggest suggestion would be to take out wizard 2(if you are focusing on being a summoner type) and maybe take cryo to give you more protection while your mobs deal with DPS. Also the kino spells are neutral property meaning they are good for anything with high elemental resist.
Sorcerer and necro are now on two circles, and I think that sucks.!
sasori004
Beginner

Post by sasori004 » March 15th, 2016, 3:15 pm

SimonBaku wrote:
sasori004 wrote:as for the sure spell and quick cast from wizard, im not really sure how long the cast times are on necro or sorcerer, but i do know that kino's skills are instant so you wouldnt make use of it, from what i played of kino; teleport isnt the same as a ragnarok teleport, it teleports you somewhere else on your screen. useful for getting over weird terrain though. and swap does work on bosses so you could use that pretty effectively with your necro / summoner mobs. Also make note if you only go sorcerer 1 you will not get the "attack ground" "riding" "morph" etc that make better use of your summoned mob so itll mainly work as a tank with smaller DPS. i think my biggest suggestion would be to take out wizard 2(if you are focusing on being a summoner type) and maybe take cryo to give you more protection while your mobs deal with DPS. Also the kino spells are neutral property meaning they are good for anything with high elemental resist.
Sorcerer and necro are now on two circles, and I think that sucks.!
I dont mind that they are 2 circles. it will add more diversity in summoners and allows you to get more skills from each of their classes (before you had to choose if you wanted a big guy or a bunch of small guys) and i really liked that both necro and summoner cant summon the big guys (just summoning for sorcerer and create shogoth for necro) but now they are more diverse and that still isn't all bad, because before it felt like sorcerer was just a stepping stone into necro, but now they are both viable in their own ways.
Icystare
Wiki Manager
Timezone: GMT -5
Favorite Class: Pardoner

Post by Icystare » March 15th, 2016, 5:45 pm

• Summoner 1
  • Lack of control of your Devil summon (Scales with INT+SPR)
  • You have access to kamikaze bats or a Salamion (scales with INT)

Summoner 2
  • Gain control over your Devil summon with mount and allows you to morph your summons
  • Stronger bats and Salamion

Necromancer 1
  • Gain access to Shoggoth (Scales with INT+SPR) has both melee and ranged attacks.
  • Flesh Cannon/Hoop is strong
  • Dirty Pole helps draws aggro and provides a decent wall.

Necromancer 2
  • Gain access to Raise Undead and Corpse tower.
  • Raise Undead would be your powerhouse due to how hard the skeletons hit and there's five of them. There's no need to control the precisely since they generally kill and aggro whatever they are attacking anyways.
  • Corpse Tower is an upgraded dirty pole with the ability to shoot ranged bolts
Being bias towards Necromancer, I would choose it due to this skill alone.

https://vid.me/rMkF
Haibane
Newcomer

Post by Haibane » March 15th, 2016, 10:46 pm

TYVM for the help everyone!! :thx:
SimonBaku
Beginner

Post by SimonBaku » March 16th, 2016, 4:57 am

Icystare wrote:
  • Summoner 1
  • Lack of control of your Devil summon (Scales with INT+SPR)
  • You have access to kamikaze bats or a Salamion (scales with INT)

Summoner 2
  • Gain control over your Devil summon with mount and allows you to morph your summons
  • Stronger bats and Salamion

Necromancer 1
  • Gain access to Shoggoth (Scales with INT+SPR) has both melee and ranged attacks.
  • Flesh Cannon/Hoop is strong
  • Dirty Pole helps draws aggro and provides a decent wall.

Necromancer 2
  • Gain access to Raise Undead and Corpse tower.
  • Raise Undead would be your powerhouse due to how hard the skeletons hit and there's five of them. There's no need to control the precisely since they generally kill and aggro whatever they are attacking anyways.
  • Corpse Tower is an upgraded dirty pole with the ability to shoot ranged bolts
Being bias towards Necromancer, I would choose it due to this skill alone.

https://vid.me/rMkF
ir

You are wrong if you are sorcerer circle 2 already.. you can't rank up to necro circle 2... for that we need a rank 8
Icystare
Wiki Manager
Timezone: GMT -5
Favorite Class: Pardoner

Post by Icystare » March 16th, 2016, 6:10 am

SimonBaku wrote:You are wrong if you are sorcerer circle 2 already.. you can't rank up to necro circle 2... for that we need a rank 8
What am I wrong about? I just listed out the pros about each circle and haven't made any definitive choice about anything. All I've said was that I was bias towards Necromancer.