Linker? Any good?

Ula
Newcomer

Linker? Any good?

Post by Ula » March 13th, 2016, 9:02 pm

Hi all,

Looking at starting ToS when the open beta hits Steam; I'm pretty excited to start a wizard. Been checking through the simulator, though I don't see much conversation regarding the Linker subclass. Is it viable / useful route to take? I was thinking of pairing it with pyromancer for good group AoE and sustained damage.

Looking for input!

Thanks.
SimonBaku
Beginner

Re: Linker? Any good?

Post by SimonBaku » March 13th, 2016, 11:52 pm

I just like the Linker at level 1... the other level I dont see the point of them! But a linker is really usefull in a party
Ula
Newcomer

Post by Ula » March 14th, 2016, 8:40 am

:thx: Thanks, I was trying to figure out what the final Linker skill did, I wasn't too sure either about the additional skills - but is it worthwhile getting rank two to increase the amount of party members / enemies you can link to?
SimonBaku
Beginner

Post by SimonBaku » March 14th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Yes it will increse the amount, but i still think is pointless! lost 2 ranks on it is too much
Ula
Newcomer

Post by Ula » March 14th, 2016, 8:37 pm

Brilliant, thanks for the input - I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out better once I actually get my hands on the game!

:hmm: Was thinking of this kind of layout: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... xjnkbc6ac/
SimonBaku
Beginner

Post by SimonBaku » March 14th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Ula wrote:Brilliant, thanks for the input - I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out better once I actually get my hands on the game!

:hmm: Was thinking of this kind of layout: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... xjnkbc6ac/
The pyromancer is really good.! I was pyromancer in the closed beta. There is something about pyromancer which piss me off..is the attack amount.! if you put the fireball at level 5/5 you get Attack: 145.. but if you do with a cryomancer you got attack: 246. I wondering if somebody can explain me that diferent when are the same rank.. it's really unfair. isnt only the fireball amount, everyone make more damage than a pyromancer.
sasori004
Beginner
Favorite Class: Puppetier

Post by sasori004 » March 14th, 2016, 10:17 pm

SimonBaku wrote:
Ula wrote:Brilliant, thanks for the input - I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out better once I actually get my hands on the game!

The pyromancer is really good.! I was pyromancer in the closed beta. There is something about pyromancer which piss me off..is the attack amount.! if you put the fireball at level 5/5 you get Attack: 145.. but if you do with a cryomancer you got attack: 246. I wondering if somebody can explain me that diferent when are the same rank.. it's really unfair. isnt only the fireball amount, everyone make more damage than a pyromancer.
from what i could tell the pyro still does more damage plus they have more continuous damaging spells and burn effects.
Ula
Newcomer

Post by Ula » March 15th, 2016, 10:17 am

From what I understand, pyromancer will ultimately be more useful during boss encounters as most bosses will be immune to status effects like freeze - but you've touched on a question I've been meaning to ask, which is more about the mechanics of the game rather than the specific classes themselves: I've noticed that many skills don't state that they are modified / increased by a certain statistic, for example a skills damage is increased by the about of intellect etc. Are skills such as fireball entirely based on their skill rank and therefore will always reach a damage cap?

Also - does it matter which subclass you take as your final class (rank 7) - does it change your character appearance or anything like that?

Thanks for all the input! :no1: