Question about synchro thrusting

アムロ.レイ
Newcomer

Question about synchro thrusting

Post by アムロ.レイ » November 28th, 2016, 2:37 am

Hey there i wanna build a spear shinobi and i've done my research but seemly i can't find decent information on synchro thrusting :hmm: all i found is it's not worthed no explanation why

well i know the damage isn't good but i'm interesting in the "counter attack" mechanism , at late game as i experience with my other character disabler/negate enemies attack is quiet important as the enemies hits like a truck so what i wanna ask is how the counter mechanism work ? is the counter negate enemy's damage ? if so how much ? full damage or partial ? if it is negate enemiy's damage i'm thinking to take at least 1 point in it

if someone can answer this or provide with link / video much much appreciated :no1:

Esfores
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Dragoon
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: Esfores

Re: Question about synchro thrusting

Post by Esfores » November 28th, 2016, 3:16 am

アムロ.レイ wrote:Hey there i wanna build a spear shinobi and i've done my research but seemly i can't find decent information on synchro thrusting :hmm: all i found is it's not worthed no explanation why

well i know the damage isn't good but i'm interesting in the "counter attack" mechanism , at late game as i experience with my other character disabler/negate enemies attack is quiet important as the enemies hits like a truck so what i wanna ask is how the counter mechanism work ? is the counter negate enemy's damage ? if so how much ? full damage or partial ? if it is negate enemiy's damage i'm thinking to take at least 1 point in it

if someone can answer this or provide with link / video much much appreciated :no1:
Hoplite 3 here, I'm not sure what you mean by negating enemy damage, I've never heard of a mechanic like that. It's supposed to deal extra damage when used as a counter attack, if that's what you meant, but as far as I'm aware that doesn't work.

It's typically quite a bad skill despite many theorycraft builds trying their best to defend it, however the important thing for your build since you're a Shinobi is that it can be replicated by clones. Not all skills can, but thankfully this is one of them, so max it to get the most out of your Bunshin no Jutsu.

アムロ.レイ
Newcomer

Post by アムロ.レイ » November 28th, 2016, 10:59 am

Hmmm thx for replying , i thought only kunai and swordsman skills that work with bunshin ? :hmm:

done some more research , what counter mean in this skill is when an enemy attack you there is a small windows that if you attack that enemy it will be considered " countered " , what i meant with negate is like this if that enemy deal say 1000 damage , u only suffered let say 500 damage or even 0 damage while damaging the enemy more , but i guess in this case it's only deals more damage but you still suffer full damage.

Esfores
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Dragoon
Team Name: Esfores

Post by Esfores » November 28th, 2016, 5:11 pm

アムロ.レイ wrote:Hmmm thx for replying , i thought only kunai and swordsman skills that work with bunshin ? :hmm:

done some more research , what counter mean in this skill is when an enemy attack you there is a small windows that if you attack that enemy it will be considered " countered " , what i meant with negate is like this if that enemy deal say 1000 damage , u only suffered let say 500 damage or even 0 damage while damaging the enemy more , but i guess in this case it's only deals more damage but you still suffer full damage.
Yeah, all it is is a little bonus damage but like I said as far as I know it doesn't work. There are many more skills that work with Bunshin no Jutsu now, the ones I know are Umbo Blow, Rim Blow, Shooting Star, Synchro Thrusting, Kunai and all Swordsman skills. My personal favorite Shinobi build atm is Peltasta 2 Rodelero 3 Shinobi Murmillo, I have a friend playing it alongside my Dragoon and another friend's Fencer, their damage is absolutely insane. They out DPS both of us on almost every boss and they don't have any enhance on Shooting Star (their best skill). If you're curious, I'll link a basic build below.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 8mydsix4v/

Most important attributes are Slithering: Additional Damage, Swash Buckling: Maximum HP, High Guard: Umbo/Rim Blow Specialty and the general passive attributes from Peltasta like the guard. Aside from that, invest into the Cassis Crista damage bonus attributes, and enhance for Shooting Star, Umbo Blow, Rim Blow, and Kunai. My personal weapon recommendations are the Catacombs Blade and Toy Hammer.

アムロ.レイ
Newcomer

Post by アムロ.レイ » November 29th, 2016, 3:20 am

hmmmm i just know that they expand usable skills with bunshin :omg: this changes everything thx goodness my shinobi still lvl 40 lol

But this is still on KTos right ? haven't reach other server yet ? Must replan all my build lol

アムロ.レイ
Newcomer

Post by アムロ.レイ » November 29th, 2016, 7:34 am

1 more question what stat is best for murnobi ? dex or str ?

Red Mage Joe
Beginner
Team Name: redmagejoe

Post by Red Mage Joe » December 12th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Also a Hoplite 3 here, don't know what in the world game you're playing if you think Synchro isn't worth 15 levels. It does more damage un-attributed than Spear Throw for the same SP cost, has 2 charges, and can be used every 15 seconds. Couple that with the ability to amplify its Pierce damage against leathers, or just rely on the Strike damage for plate, and the fact that it does roughly +150% damage when used as a counter (enemy is mid-attack or you block one of their attacks), making it a potent skill to drop into your burst rotation.

Sure, you're going to spam Spear Throw on trash because it has no cooldown and only a slightly atrocious wind-up time. If you intend to be worth your salt in boss fights even at Rank 8, dropping Synchro into your rotation (which can be used roughly 2x as often as the rest of your combo, depending on class build) is a must. Just because people haven't figured out the counter mechanic (as I've described above) or realize its circumstantial advantages doesn't mean it's a bad skill. Please do not spread this rumor any further.

Nakashima
Newcomer
Server: [SEA] Telsiai
Team Name: Nakashima

Post by Nakashima » December 13th, 2016, 12:42 am

maybe this help your question, i add 15 sycro trust for my combo shinobi spear shield https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lUhEz4QsVk&t=180s :gawi: