A couple of months ago I created a Swordsman and designed a Shinobi build, but then I created my Archer which is going to become a Rogue and decided to remake my Swordsman into a more "brutal" (tanky) class. I also read some bad things about Shinobi and this made me change my mind about it.
Although I've been playing for some time, I don't have much time to study the game, so I still have a lot of questions and little knowledge about everything. What I mean by that is, I have no idea what's the real practical difference between Dragoon, Murmillo and Lancer. I've read about them, but Lancer didn't make a good impression and Murmillo seems too defensive/tanky for me and I would like something that would give me a fun PvE.
What are my goals with this character? Do just walk around having fun with the character, not something hardcore nor PvP oriented. I saw a Cataphract bot (reported btw) playing on Tenet Church the other day, just walking around and killing mobs with little amount of effort and became interested in a character like this.
For what I read, Dragoon seems like the most fitting class for what I want but they all seem to follow a certain pattern and I would like to understand why.
- 1) What's the practical difference between Swordsman Rank 7 and Rank 8 classes?
2) A lot of builds, not only Dragoon oriented ones, go Swordsman C2 -> Hoplite C1 -> Cataphract C2/C3 -> Dragoon C1/C2, making it look like the other classes are not useful. Why is that?
3) People sometimes recommend Peltasta C1 for partying purpose. Is it only due to Swash Buckling?
4) Why most Dragoon builds only go C1? Is it C2 that worthless?
5) For PvE purposes, which Swordsman class would be most recommended?
6) I read a discussion about Pierce vs.Stabbing and in the end I understood nothing. Which one should I focus on?
Thank you very much!