Is it still worth it to go Fencer C3 with Rank 8 coming ?

dmaest.grim
Newcomer

Is it still worth it to go Fencer C3 with Rank 8 coming ?

Post by dmaest.grim » September 8th, 2016, 8:38 am

The titles says most of it, but I do have other questions if you could assist me with them. Is Concentrate and Gung Ho essentially the same thing ? I thought Gung Ho was supposed to be superior because it says it gives 'physical attack'. Increasing the minimum and maximum damage. Basically, boosting our damage based on the increase on minimum and maximum range we have in our stats. Instead of the flat damage boost that Concentrate gives. Or, is it really just a flat damage boost, too ? I tried it out and it seems like it might be that way but I am not very high level so it might not be very distinctive at those levels. At higher levels with stronger weapons it probably would be, unless it really is just a flat damage boost.

Also, is it really impossible to reset our skills and/or classes we have chosen at this time ? I have not found anything on that. Other than to reroll. If this is the case will it remain this way for long ? Are we meant to reroll every time there is an update to the classes's skills ? Can we go back to an earlier class circle, or new advanced job entirely if we wish ? I am so far a Swordsman C2.

Is there no clear answer for how much of a certain amount of crit rate, evasion, accuracy, etc is a certain amount of a percentage ? All I see is numbers. I have also heard of people going over 400 Crit rate, but I have no idea what the percentage is there.

Oh, and is it possible to get outfits from events ? Or, is it only costumes from the TP shop and our class advancements ? Thank you if you have read this far. I appreciate it. I hope you guys can help me out with these questions. I am very confused.

Suzushii
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Fencer
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: BJD

Re: Is it still worth it to go Fencer C3 with Rank 8 coming ?

Post by Suzushii » September 8th, 2016, 9:48 am

Ok, Fencer here will help you.
Topic question? It's isn't only possible... it is essencial!
Because Epee garde and Fleche.

At first Hung Ho and Concentrate isn't bad because attribute. As Fencer more than C1 isn't necessary so you take Hung Ho at lvl3 and Concentrate and lvl 5. Reasons?
You can burst your damage, both skill scale with STR and DEX when Fencers have Dex a lot and str too (my stats locations is - 2/1/4 str/con/dex) so this isn't bad. Scaling per skill level are just weak so for Hung Ho more than 3 lvl isn't worthy.
Concentrate work differently. Give another damage aside of your normal damage (what you can see when you hit enemy) and work for "x" hits. On level 5 it's 10 hits. After 10 somple attacks buff will end. But what if we have skill like Sept Ettoiles what Deal 8 hit? Well then consume only one stack! Yes, per skill. Just take a look, about this skill rotation:

Concentrate(10stacks)>Atack Conquille(1 hit)>Sept Etoiles(8 hit)>lunge(4hit)

You consume 3 stack and do 13 hits when every hit give you +500 Concentrate bonus damage. Not bad.
And just look at other skills from swordsman skill, you don't have any damage Deal skill. Just bash to knockdown oponents if you raise this skill at level 3.

About resets? There are two options - skill and stat reset. When first you can buy for TP, second we got only from events. Of course skill resets potions we can got from events.
About class reset... oh well still impossible and I am not even mad. Reason? Old good time, when creating my charakter is a important Deal. When i must stop, THINK and mąkę choice. I like that! Why? Last time i player World of Warcraft where charakter creating is brainless. Everything depend on gear and there isn't stats points or skill tree (well, in past there was but Blizzard trow this away because for brainless people it's to hard) so everyone play in the same route and made the same charakter like everyone.

Ok next! Yes there isn't clear answer for % chances. It's annoying. But when you have 350+ crit chance mostly every hit it's crit. About evasion, oh boy here we go. At first you can have only 85% avoid chance. For this now you need 1100 evasion if I good renember. This is another reason why you need High DEX fot Fencer.
This isn't official forum. If you go on official there is many topics about stat formula, how it's work and how much you need.

Outfuts? Nope. Headgears and armbands? Yes. Don't ask why. Just reasons like PvP where only outfit can tell who it is, Wizzard or Cleric or Swordsman or even Archer.
So you wanna be Fencer or Murmillo? Let me guide you a little.

dmaest.grim
Newcomer

Post by dmaest.grim » September 8th, 2016, 10:23 am

Suzushii wrote:Ok, Fencer here will help you.
Topic question? It's isn't only possible... it is essencial!
Because Epee garde and Fleche.

At first Hung Ho and Concentrate isn't bad because attribute. As Fencer more than C1 isn't necessary so you take Hung Ho at lvl3 and Concentrate and lvl 5. Reasons?
You can burst your damage, both skill scale with STR and DEX when Fencers have Dex a lot and str too (my stats locations is - 2/1/4 str/con/dex) so this isn't bad. Scaling per skill level are just weak so for Hung Ho more than 3 lvl isn't worthy.
Concentrate work differently. Give another damage aside of your normal damage (what you can see when you hit enemy) and work for "x" hits. On level 5 it's 10 hits. After 10 somple attacks buff will end. But what if we have skill like Sept Ettoiles what Deal 8 hit? Well then consume only one stack! Yes, per skill. Just take a look, about this skill rotation:

Concentrate(10stacks)>Atack Conquille(1 hit)>Sept Etoiles(8 hit)>lunge(4hit)

You consume 3 stack and do 13 hits when every hit give you +500 Concentrate bonus damage. Not bad.
And just look at other skills from swordsman skill, you don't have any damage Deal skill. Just bash to knockdown oponents if you raise this skill at level 3.

About resets? There are two options - skill and stat reset. When first you can buy for TP, second we got only from events. Of course skill resets potions we can got from events.
About class reset... oh well still impossible and I am not even mad. Reason? Old good time, when creating my charakter is a important Deal. When i must stop, THINK and mąkę choice. I like that! Why? Last time i player World of Warcraft where charakter creating is brainless. Everything depend on gear and there isn't stats points or skill tree (well, in past there was but Blizzard trow this away because for brainless people it's to hard) so everyone play in the same route and made the same charakter like everyone.

Ok next! Yes there isn't clear answer for % chances. It's annoying. But when you have 350+ crit chance mostly every hit it's crit. About evasion, oh boy here we go. At first you can have only 85% avoid chance. For this now you need 1100 evasion if I good renember. This is another reason why you need High DEX fot Fencer.
This isn't official forum. If you go on official there is many topics about stat formula, how it's work and how much you need.

Outfuts? Nope. Headgears and armbands? Yes. Don't ask why. Just reasons like PvP where only outfit can tell who it is, Wizzard or Cleric or Swordsman or even Archer.
Thank you for answering my questions. I have noticed that Gung Ho does not get much increase per level. So, Concentrate is the superior one, huh ? The damage per skill sounds very nice, too. What if I have already used 5 points for Gung Ho ? Can I take any points out of Pain Barrier or Restrain ? Or, is it okay if Concentrate is not max level 10 ? Or, is it really important for it to be level 10 ?

And, it is possible to reset our stat points and skill points ? That is good to know. Do you know how often we receive events that give those resets ? Also, you mentioned Fencer C1. Are you saying it is not worth it to go to C3 ? Maybe, I did not understand that part well. So, 350 Crit rate is enough for level 280s ?

And, again, thank you for answering my questions.

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 8th, 2016, 12:02 pm

At first - NEVER go swordy C2. Just no because it's pointless. On R2 you have Peltasta with Guardian skill. About Guardian - don't care about skill effect (because they actually change on kToS and now it's only -2% pDMG) just look on attribute. +18% to your evasion what is huge burst when we fight with strong meele enemy who Deal physical damage. No hit, no threat!
What you take later it your choice, you can take Barbarian C3 like me, stuns and a lot Slash Damage it's very nice for Fencers. Or take Highlander C2 with Corsair C1 or Barbarian C1, work different but it's not what i like because Pounce.

Last time i had in party Swordsman C3/Peltasta C1/Corsair C1/Fencer C2 so if you really don't wanna Reroll your character (and buy the best outfit for swordsman in TP shop) this can work to. But don't ask me how, never seen this before.

Going next, you must go C3! It's pointless to go only for C1. Fencer is your main damage dealing class so untull Rank 9, once Fencer forever Fencer.

dmaest.grim
Newcomer

Post by dmaest.grim » September 8th, 2016, 12:33 pm

Suzushii wrote:At first - NEVER go swordy C2. Just no because it's pointless. On R2 you have Peltasta with Guardian skill. About Guardian - don't care about skill effect (because they actually change on kToS and now it's only -2% pDMG) just look on attribute. +18% to your evasion what is huge burst when we fight with strong meele enemy who Deal physical damage. No hit, no threat!
What you take later it your choice, you can take Barbarian C3 like me, stuns and a lot Slash Damage it's very nice for Fencers. Or take Highlander C2 with Corsair C1 or Barbarian C1, work different but it's not what i like because Pounce.

Last time i had in party Swordsman C3/Peltasta C1/Corsair C1/Fencer C2 so if you really don't wanna Reroll your character (and buy the best outfit for swordsman in TP shop) this can work to. But don't ask me how, never seen this before.

Going next, you must go C3! It's pointless to go only for C1. Fencer is your main damage dealing class so untull Rank 9, once Fencer forever Fencer.
-----

Oh, so going C3 is still a good idea even with the new ranks ? Also, the only benefit from Peltesta is the 18% evasion ? Sounds pretty good. How would Highlander C2 help a Fencer ? And, Corsair C1 by the way ?

Servain
Beginner
Guild: Nirvana
Favorite Class: Highlander
Team Name: Novian

Post by Servain » September 8th, 2016, 12:39 pm

Well peltasta has swashbuckler skill aswell wich basicly is an aoe taunt. Really good for grinding and dungeon runs. Almost allways a must have in swordsman builds if u can get it in.

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 8th, 2016, 12:55 pm

Servain wrote:Well peltasta has swashbuckler skill aswell wich basicly is an aoe taunt. Really good for grinding and dungeon runs. Almost allways a must have in swordsman builds if u can get it in.
Yes, make us life easier and attribute in swash buckling isn't bad too. +25% HP when skill is active (and on lvl 5 have 100% uptime) is really nice when we fight in party and have some healer.

Highlander Corsair?
Well, all went for Skyliner. But after nerf it isn't such good like it was. Previous version allow you spam this whole day until you have SP. Now have overheat 3 and cd 15 second. Second important thing, your enemy MUST bleed! No bleed? No Kill! Because Skyliner Deal more damage when enemy bleeding and without this you loose maybe 300% damage from Skyliner.
Maybe better options is Swordsman C3 just to buff yourself better, because Corsair you pick for Jolly Roger to farm silver with party and fashion.

What have Barbarian C3?
Pounce, you just running when you want and hit everyone on your way with Slash Damage. But there is more! Cleave is another Slash Damage, so you at first hit with Cleave and this leave debuff what mąkę any Slash skill much stronger for 4-5 second. Just Cleave him and Pounce to the death stuning and knocking every 32 hits. Yes, this skill deal 32 hits.

dmaest.grim
Newcomer

Post by dmaest.grim » September 8th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Ah, I see. Is it not a big deal if I do not have Concentrate at level 5 ? Like.. By accident I have Gung Ho at 5 and Concentrate at 3. Is it still good ? Oh, and is it still good for late levels (200+ level) ?

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 8th, 2016, 1:14 pm

If you still on Rank 1 (I hope so, if not DO A REROLL) you can locate points in this way

Bash 3 / Hung Ho 5 / Concentrate 5 / Pain Barrier 2

Actually on Rank 1 Pain Barrier always have to short time so we must use this wisesly.

dmaest.grim
Newcomer

Post by dmaest.grim » September 8th, 2016, 5:24 pm

I see. Are Concentrate and Gung Ho still good at really high levels by the way ?

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 8th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Do something but don't expect miracles.

dmaest.grim
Newcomer

Post by dmaest.grim » September 9th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Ah, okay. By the way, have you gotten to C3 Barbarian before ? I think you said you did. I was wondering if 'Stomping Kick', or 'Embowl' are good skills to level, or to atleast have 1 point in ?

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 9th, 2016, 6:34 pm

Well, I ask not so long other Fencers why we never even look on this skills. Answer was simple - just this skills are bad. No DMG, no buffs, just nothing for us.

dmaest.grim
Newcomer

Post by dmaest.grim » September 9th, 2016, 10:34 pm

Ah, I see. It sounds like a lot of people do not really like those two skills when playing a Barbarian. Although, there are some people who say Stomping Kick *could* be good because it's damage gets boosted by the amount of evasion your boots have, and the jump height. I am more interested in the damage boost from evasion-focused boots than the jump height.

renseiryuu
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC +7

Post by renseiryuu » September 10th, 2016, 5:40 am

I read on another forum about the test for Stomping Kick maximum damage. The tester have tried to jump from a ledge and cast Stomping Kick on the enemy below. The result is, it only does twice the amount of original damage.

But if you have to choose between Stomping Kick and Embowel (for Barbarian C1 only), then I personally recommend Stomping Kick. 3 Overheat and faster execution compared to Embowel.

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 10th, 2016, 8:20 am

renseiryuu wrote:(for Barbarian C1 only)
But Barbarian C1 is useless.

renseiryuu
Apprentice

Post by renseiryuu » September 11th, 2016, 3:24 am

Suzushii wrote:But Barbarian C1 is useless.
It's a good filler class for build that requires it in Rank 3 or 4. For example, Swordsman C3 that want to go Corsair.

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 11th, 2016, 8:28 am

renseiryuu wrote:
Swordsman C3 that want to go Corsair.
Swordsman C3 -> Peltasta C1 -> Corsair C1

renseiryuu
Apprentice

Post by renseiryuu » September 16th, 2016, 7:33 am

Suzushii wrote:
renseiryuu wrote:
Swordsman C3 that want to go Corsair.
Swordsman C3 -> Peltasta C1 -> Corsair C1
I thought you no longer like Peltasta, Suzushii? With the recent update and all :lol:. Well, in any case, that was just an example. A filler class is there if needed, and Barbarian C1 is just one of its candidates.

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 16th, 2016, 10:50 am

renseiryuu wrote: I thought you no longer like Peltasta, Suzushii?
This game change things very fast. Actually kToS have new Guardian formula (+10%pDef/-2%pAtk) so i still can play on my first Fencer without issues.