Is it still worth it to go Fencer C3 with Rank 8 coming ?

renseiryuu
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC +7

Re: Is it still worth it to go Fencer C3 with Rank 8 coming ?

Post by renseiryuu » September 16th, 2016, 1:15 pm

Suzushii wrote:
renseiryuu wrote: I thought you no longer like Peltasta, Suzushii?
This game change things very fast. Actually kToS have new Guardian formula (+10%pDef/-2%pAtk) so i still can play on my first Fencer without issues.
Oh, I see. Well, who knows? Maybe Barbarian C1 would get the "love" next :kis:.

Suzushii
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Fencer
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: BJD

Post by Suzushii » September 16th, 2016, 11:05 pm

renseiryuu wrote: Oh, I see. Well, who knows? Maybe Barbarian C1 would get the "love" next :kis:.
Actually barbaian C1 is useless. All depend on what type of skills we got in Matador class. If slash, barbarian will be superior if not then Corsiar will be much better.
So you wanna be Fencer or Murmillo? Let me guide you a little.

renseiryuu
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC +7

Post by renseiryuu » September 17th, 2016, 4:07 am

Suzushii wrote:
renseiryuu wrote: Oh, I see. Well, who knows? Maybe Barbarian C1 would get the "love" next :kis:.
Actually barbarian C1 is useless. All depend on what type of skills we got in Matador class. If slash, barbarian will be superior if not then Corsiar will be much better.
Hmm, please remember that I'm only saying that Barbarian C1 is good as a filler class. While it's not necessarily game-breaking nor the most optimal, I'm afraid I have to disagree if you said that the class is useless.

What does Barbarian C1 have?
- All of its skills can be used by Fencer (back to topic, after all). No stance requirement.
- Helm Chopper+Cleave combo.
- Cleave can be used to increase Slash damage. Any Slash skills that can be used in conjunction? Double Slash, Dust Devil (Corsair), Flanconnade, or even Cyclone (if advancing to Doppel in R7). And we don't know yet if Rank 9 or 10 have any good Slash skills.

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 17th, 2016, 8:36 am

True but at first you must have slash skills one skill isn't much in my opinion. Well all depend on play style and what you need. But i don't expect from Matador slash type skills.

dmaest.grim
Newcomer

Post by dmaest.grim » September 21st, 2016, 5:17 pm

Hello again, I was wondering if any of you know how Fencers benefit from Highlander skills. And, if it is better than Barbarian or not.

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 21st, 2016, 6:17 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen! Tonight we start a honorable duel once again! In right corner, class from rank 2 who make enemies bleed Highlanders! In left corner, one whose battle cry is the most powerful weapon, Barbarian!
ImageImageImage
Can i end like this? Can I? Talking which one is better is a joke. Both are good, all depend of your preferences. I have my Fencer who is Barbarian and when i make Highlander C3 this one end as Squire. Just this isn't what I prefer. Both are good, but if you plan create Corsair, propably Highlander suit a little better. If you skip Peltasta and according to legends you have mysterious creatures called friends highlander give better utility from C3 because you can nulify armor from enemy what work for all meele class. This is great. But barbarian Warcry and Pouncing is glorious one, nice to deal with a lot of mobs, huge damage burst and nice synergy for all slash atack what can do Lunge from fencer too to deal even more damage. What is better? Have no idea, everyone tell you something difference. My opinion? Do you have some time? Try maybe do two character and check.

Swordsman C1 / Peltasta C1 / Barbarian C3
Swordsman C1 / Highlander C3 / Corsair C1

Neetsama
Newcomer
Server: [SEA] Telsiai
Team Name: SteinsGeto

Post by Neetsama » September 28th, 2016, 8:05 am

Noob here.... Quick question for Fencer should i got for leather or plate armor? :hmm:

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 28th, 2016, 10:04 am

Both are ok. Of course Leather give you more evasion and this type armor mosty have better stats for C3 Fencers.

But in Plate mobs deal less damage.

Servain
Beginner
Guild: Nirvana
Favorite Class: Highlander
Team Name: Novian

Post by Servain » September 29th, 2016, 10:21 am

I've been tinkering with the idea of making a fencer purely for pvp. But i do need the communitys assistance regarding this matter.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... w9vjlxj9y/

Here is the build so far, and as you can see i have 17 points left to put out in fencer tree, but i do not know what skills are good and bad to have for pvp mechanics. I was thinking of going high dex build but need to know how much i need to distribute towards str and con as well. And i felt corsair would fit me cause i wanted to use gun instead of shield since epee stance will neglect it i guess.

Well any help provided will be much appreciated and if you feel I should do some changes in the build path please provide the name of the skills and how far i should invest in them and perhaps throw in your reasoning so i can understand the thought process.

Thanks

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 29th, 2016, 10:47 am

>Fencer
>PvP

You mean Cataphract?
In PvP you need rangę what Fencer simply don't have, just like Hoplite. I do sometimes TBL and you know what is most effective skill in my tree against players? Bash... BASH! Yes, wide range knockdown skill without any damage. Players won't stand still... plague doctors stand but in shield and they melt you in second. Restrain is the best skill from swordie when we talk about PvP but... this don't work with Fencer stabing.
CataRush or Doppel Cyclone you need to stun players.
Remember you can't move when you Hook someone. Oh and gun you can pick with C3 Corsair... only.

Servain
Beginner
Guild: Nirvana
Favorite Class: Highlander
Team Name: Novian

Post by Servain » September 29th, 2016, 11:30 am

Well ok thanks for the input about gun that you need circle 3. Was not aware of that, have to come up with something else though, stun i belive i got covered with circle 3 swordsman. I'm not interested in going the "meta" build on pvp nor pve but manage to go my own path and have fun with it and try and make it work. I enjoy people saying that certain builds don't work or that class cant pvp or whatever. I love the wow factor you get when you pull something off people don't expect you can and if your the underdog you get an edge when people underestimate you. I am making a pvp fencer so with that in mind what do you suggest i put my skill points into? Figured you would be among the better to ask for advice since you are clearly commenting alot about fencers in general and seem to enjoy it yourself. So figured you would have some good answers for me. Perhaps while your journey through pve content you thought for yourself, this skill would work great in pvp?

Anyway any help is appreciated xD

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 29th, 2016, 11:57 am

Hmm... Like any other Fencer? My build is mostly PvE so i trow away Flaconade, this just never work against players. Blame ping here. If you gonna fight with other swordie they just don't have a chance. I beat monks, paladins, Doppel and other swordie. When i see Cataphract i just run because they smash oponents like truck and you can't do nothing. Problem Fencer have with synergy. This class work alone pretty good so you don't need earlier class to do something. To be honest most powerfull skill from my Barb/Fencer is Pouncing. Every single Barbarian just Pounce enemy to the death.

Rugal
Beginner
Timezone: UTC+3
Favorite Class: Dragoon

Post by Rugal » September 29th, 2016, 4:11 pm

Here is my view on the PvP "Fencer".

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » September 30th, 2016, 12:04 am

Rugal wrote:Here is my view on the PvP "Fencer".
Propably most popular PvP-only build. Falcony run in this and it's not bad. Mostly because you have here tons of CC from Rodo/Pelta.

Rugal
Beginner

Post by Rugal » October 4th, 2016, 6:41 pm

Suzushii wrote:
Rugal wrote:Here is my view on the PvP "Fencer".
Propably most popular PvP-only build. Falcony run in this and it's not bad. Mostly because you have here tons of CC from Rodo/Pelta.
Didn't get that "pvp only" thing. You can't go pve with this build ? Who is Falcony ?

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » October 5th, 2016, 10:13 am

Rugal wrote:Who is Falcony ?
Friend who also buy materials from me to craft Roxona set because Pelt/Rodo deal such cheap damage.
Rugal wrote:Didn't get that "pvp only" thing. You can't go pve with this build ?
Well, even when you hit Fencer you didn't deal much. You have only pierce type damage so any other enemies will be hard as rock for you. Rodelero give you nothing if we talking on damage same as Peltasta.
PvE role? Taunt and stand behind shield? Ok, so you only are useful in
- Demon Prison
- Truffle
- Evac
- Storage
- Abby
Ekhm... Grind party. So you taunt and simply wait that elememes or flechers just burn mobs and you run further and repeat. I'm sorry but even Clerics deal more damage than this build and my Fencer can do taunt job too. So in PvE you are pretty useless even in World Boss fight. Mitris? I have enough evasion to fight with her and both of this builds need Cleric on back to heal whole party so again you lose a lot.

Rugal
Beginner

Post by Rugal » October 5th, 2016, 8:41 pm

Suzushii wrote:
Rugal wrote:Who is Falcony ?
Friend who also buy materials from me to craft Roxona set because Pelt/Rodo deal such cheap damage.
Rugal wrote:Didn't get that "pvp only" thing. You can't go pve with this build ?
Well, even when you hit Fencer you didn't deal much. You have only pierce type damage so any other enemies will be hard as rock for you. Rodelero give you nothing if we talking on damage same as Peltasta.
PvE role? Taunt and stand behind shield? Ok, so you only are useful in
- Demon Prison
- Truffle
- Evac
- Storage
- Abby
Ekhm... Grind party. So you taunt and simply wait that elememes or flechers just burn mobs and you run further and repeat. I'm sorry but even Clerics deal more damage than this build and my Fencer can do taunt job too. So in PvE you are pretty useless even in World Boss fight. Mitris? I have enough evasion to fight with her and both of this builds need Cleric on back to heal whole party so again you lose a lot.
Yeah you ringt in scope of Rank 7 it's a just "taunt" that helps you. In scope of Rank 8 all Peltasta/Rodelero skills got increased damage.
But from the other side you already have many of this damage multipliers:
Rank 1-7
- High Guard: +280% damage with [Umbo Blow], [Rim Blow].
- Slithering: +100% for 10 sec additional [Strike] damage.
- Lunge: +50% for 4 sec additional [Slash] damage.
- Attaque Coquille: Ignore PDEF when use [Pierce] attack.
- Preparation: +100% to next [Pierce] attack.

Rank 8
- Cassis Crista:
+400% damage with [Umbo Blow], [Rim Blow].
+200% damage with [Shield Charge], [Targe Smash], [Shield Push].
- Headbutt: +50% for 10 sec additional [Strike] damage.

So yeah out from the box simple x3.8 damage multiplier to [Umbo Blow], [Rim Blow] if used after [Slithering].
Simple calculations show that having bad STR stat + equip results in ~500 Damage with any of this skills you can deal (500+288)x3.8 = 2994. It's a fine damage especially when you can repeat this damage x4 times. Murmillo makes this even better from both sides, additional skills with great static damage values and scale and additional damage multipliers to your low level skills. So yeah suppose to be quite easy to go throught leveling till Rank 8.
From Fencer perspective we get [Lunge] > '[Montano] not the best combo in scope of damage but it is [Slash] combo.
So having this skill build you have all damage types combos with damage multipliers for all of them and also good defence abilities.
This is my IMHO and got only level 98 Swordie for now but looks he looks ok. Maybe i will face problems on Fencer, but for now it looks ok.

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » October 6th, 2016, 8:38 am

Well, last time i seen Pelta3/Rodo3/Murmillo and fight against one elite mob took a lot of time and use a lot of skills. After defeat he was barely alive. So weaked version of any of this Rank mean you are even more weak.

Like I said, this build work against players because you have a lot of CC. Maybe with Doppel work better, of course with 1h sword and when you focus on skills that don't require 2h sword. Reason why they pick Fencer here was more ability to avoid pDMG with Flaconade and Lunge.