Newbie and being a tank (need advice for Peltasta and Rodelero)

Suzushii
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Fencer
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: BJD

Newbie and being a tank (need advice for Peltasta and Rodelero)

Post by Suzushii » July 2nd, 2016, 2:11 pm

Hello comrades, a few days ago I started playing and the first thought is the desire to be a tank. Once the tank forever tank unfortunately. Once I started from scratch and now it will go to the next promotion, so I want to be absolutely sure that it does not commit another error. :an:

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... xd1wac6kx/

This will work? Yes, I want to focus mainly on fueling such that I remember especially the unfortunate world of warcraft. So not only stop but also to control the action of mobs. 110% PvE, players and clashes with them completely fall off.
And yes i have some friends who play too, so we probably make party for PvE.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 4zy4vgmur/

Mainly I guided by the advice of Zael. Unfortunately, I read exactly the action the last two classes and on main are completely useless for me. Restrictions on the camps and the fact that it mainly moneymaker so I pass. Templar is only for GvG and like I said, I'm not interested.
Rodelero for CO I want take, but often I read that only the second circle is usefull. But for PvE is worth it? Or only PvP? Someone can tell me which one works on bosses? :?:
To rank fourth, I think that there is nothing worh to change. Unless you have advice for Shield Bearer and redirect me to something much better that can withstand a lot and maybe at the same time will turn strong damage if the last 3 rank in this configuration are unprofitable.
:thx:

Sorry for bad english.
Cheers
So you wanna be Fencer or Murmillo? Let me guide you a little.
NegiMiso
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Paladin
Server: [SEA] Telsiai
Team Name: NegiMisoRamen

Re: Newbie and being a tank (need advice for Peltasta and Rodelero)

Post by NegiMiso » July 3rd, 2016, 12:09 am

I only played as Peltasta C1. My points below are based on reading and skills description.

1. Imo, in this game, it is possible to play as tank and DPS at the same time with weapon swap skills. There player use shield to do Peltasta Swash Buckling and then swap to 2-handed sword for Barbarian Cleave.
2. If you want to play as pure tank, Peltasta C1 is enough. Do Swash Buckling and then just hold C for block(don't know for how long). Peltasta C2 High Guard is useful if don't want to keep holding C and leave to your character block chance. Do note that Umbo Blow and Rim Blow damage is not that good despite the 250% High Guard attribute because you are a tank anyway.
3. Although Rodelero looks like tank, the the skills are more as CC. Just stick to Peltasta for main tank is enough.
4. Don't take Squire unless you want to be a merchant class. Squire skills are useful outside battle and got some limitation on where you can use the skills.
5. Fencer skills are interesting, but make sure you know how to use it. From the description, you are required to learn the skills order to optimize its potential.
6. For starter, take Swordman C1 and Peltasta C1. After you understand tank mechanic like Physical Defense,Block Rate and keyboard, you can decide to go for Peltasta C2 or other.
7. Just my opinion, Swordman C1 > Peltasta C1 > Barbarian C1 > Peltasta C2(optional) > Barbarian C2 > Doppelsodner C2 / Fencer C2
------------------------------------------------
Paladin Support Build
Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » July 3rd, 2016, 8:45 am

1. I noticed that possibility. But just wearing the shield we have a lot of bonuses to defense, including the fencer makes sense then? Currently I run with 2H because the faster you kill mobs when leveling.
2-3. Ok, so I have to either focus on avoiding blows, or pressing the C at the right time. So much I noticed, just looking for something that can protect me from magic that I did not have to move the boss of the place and the rest of the party could alone beat him. But in a nutshell Rodelero is not a choice?
4. I understood.
5. Since you have to master the game and the same character, will not be a problem difficult to control the class. And from what I've seen quite a burst to the damage is, and at the same time for survival.
6. Most people recommend either leave C1. Or raise straight to C3. And for fencer is recommended to add barbarian.
7. Doppelsodner C2 as a tank? 2H tank for AoE? In this way?

Ok, now it's a little easier. Fortunately, rank 3 immediately pick Barbarian so I am able to do this. Just I wonder over what the C2 is more profitable Warcry or frenzy. Because of Seims certainly I take because AoE stun sounds too good.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... bkw6wk31u/

At the moment I following this guide. Look good, but in fencer actually it's too focused on the damage, so probably I change something so as to every skill go combo smoothly. And I do not want have 18 damage skill on bars.

Thanks for advise.
NegiMiso
Apprentice

Post by NegiMiso » July 3rd, 2016, 9:31 am

7. Just a suggestion.

For Barbarian, there is no requirement for Warcry. Just execute and see the effect. Frenzy however, requires you to hit the same target for maximum effect. Changing target will reset the effect to zero. With attribute, the effect is cut by half for next target. I'm not sure how it works if you hitting 2-3 monsters at once.
Paladin Support Build
Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » July 3rd, 2016, 10:20 am

We will see, after all usually we have one boss only in fight.
Oh right, If I wanna do a lot of tank, which one armor look better? Leather for more avoid? Or plate to reduce the damage that will come?
Because when it comes to statistics...

str / con / dex
1 / 1 / 2-3

This combination is ok?
NegiMiso
Apprentice

Post by NegiMiso » July 3rd, 2016, 10:34 am

I don't really know about DEX. For early game, Plate armor is better. Later game, when monster start doing Magic Damage, switch to Cloth armor. If leather, probably just stick to Cafrisun armor set.
Paladin Support Build
Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » July 3rd, 2016, 11:12 am

So cloth is the key to magic resist. That was my first plan when i go full tank at first without Barbarian+Fencer.
But how actually work this type of Attribute?
Cloth Mastery: Magic
Allows you to equip [Cloth] armor. When equipped with 3 or more pieces of [Cloth] armor, increases your maximum SP and magic damage taken is decreased by 5%. When equipped with 4 [Cloth] armor pieces, your magic defense increases and magic damage taken is decreased by an additional 10%.

Leather Mastery: Dexterity
Allows you to equip [Leather] armor. When equipped with 3 or more pieces of [Leather] armor, increases your evasion. When equipped with 4 [Leather] armor pieces, your evasion increases from attributes by an additional 50%.

Plate Mastery: Defense
Allows you to equip [Plate] armor.
When equipped with 3 or more pieces of [Plate] armor, increases your maximum HP and physical damage taken is decreased by 5%.
When equipped with 4 [Plate] armor pieces, your maximum stamina increases and physical damage taken is decreased by an additional 10%.
I understand what bonuses gives and how it's work by default. Just do not understand the difference between rank 1 to rank 50. Each rank increases this bonus? Description in the game, nothing suggests.
NegiMiso
Apprentice

Post by NegiMiso » July 3rd, 2016, 12:56 pm

Yes, increase attribute level will increase bonus. But i'm don't know the actual calculation.
Paladin Support Build
Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » July 3rd, 2016, 8:06 pm

It seems to me that's all I wanted to know at the moment. Unless you know what gems are recommended in this build. :?:
NegiMiso
Apprentice

Post by NegiMiso » July 3rd, 2016, 10:31 pm

Nope, haven't explore gem yet. Monster gem looks interesting but haven't found any. Lost a bunch of gem in dungeon. :sob:
Paladin Support Build
Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » July 3rd, 2016, 11:14 pm

Ok, thanks a lot. You really helped match my spec. :shy: