Squire or Rodelero

komengsf
Newcomer
Team Name: Solivan

Squire or Rodelero

Post by komengsf » June 14th, 2016, 6:18 pm

Guys,

I am currently building a templar and am about to change to circle 5. I am planning to build a templar as my friends and I are planning to create a guild. For circle 1 up to circle 4 its SW1 - Pelta 3. I am about to change job to circle 5 and still not sure whether to go for rodelero or squire.

Looking at squire skill, it doesnt have anything to do with tanking. Its pretty much a basic support class. I am also not sure whether a squire can open a repair shop inside a dungeon. As for basecamp, it can only be set outside in open map. The only good thing about squire that i can think of is they can open shop and make money. Since I will be a templar on circle 7, I wont be able to maximize the squire skill. I am not sure that this would be an advantage or not.

Looking at rodelero, it seems more versatile as it has many skill with CC ability. Tanking become much more enjoyable since you have these extra 5 skills to spam after you swashbuckle the whole room.

I am looking for an opinion between Squire and rodelero. Which would excel in the end game. Appreciate your insight.

Cheers
Zhon
Apprentice
Guild: Cafezinho das 6
Timezone: GMT-3
Favorite Class: Falconer
Team Name: Zhonie

Re: Squire or Rodelero

Post by Zhon » June 14th, 2016, 7:29 pm

Atm I can't give any more in-depth opinion than this guy:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/guide- ... s/153860/2

I'm building my future templar accordingly to most of his impressions. Still early to conclude, but so far made a lot of sense.
Rodelero
Remember when I said that some classes still need to be updated? Well, Rodelero is one of them.

The theme this class follows is the use of a shield to deal damage and apply constant CC to opponents through it's skills.

Unfortunately, most of the CC this skills are underwhelming and there simply is no damage when choosing this class, which makes it a pain to level it up at higher levels, as well as deal any significant damage on PvP.

This class is also known for the Slithering skill, which can block magical attacks while it is used. However, it is important to note that you can still get CC'ed through Slithering, it only block damage but not any negative effects that could have an effect on you.

While being able to block magic is something appealing, there is barely any use for it in PvE, as every other Swordsman build can get away without it. And for PvP it will block damage, but it is still inconvenient since it won't stop CC.

There is also the misconception that this is a "tank" class.

It is not.

Besides Slithering, there is nothing in the kit of this class that makes it a "tank". So be aware of these negative aspects to the class before choosing it.

If there would be any reason to pick Rodelero it is for Slithering and to work on an structured PvP environment. Unfortunately, there is no such PvP mode at the moment, which puts this class on an even more awkward place.

The advice would be to stay away from this class until it gets some buffs or it is reworked. But if you still insist on picking this class then just go for Circle 2 to get Slithering.

Circle 3 adds nothing but bad damage to the build, and there are better options to take (like Fencer) at Rank 6 instead of another circle of Rodelero. This damage was previously "decent" with a level 200 cap, but now that there are more levels and tougher mobs to deal with, Rodelero falls short when it comes to dealing with them.

Rodelero skills are mostly focused around single target or very low AoE Ratio, so they have a difficult time dealing with medium~big groups of enemies in PvE.
Squire
We continue with the list of classes that need to be reworked.

The idea behind Squire is a nice one, but it failed on execution. They have taxes applied to their shops, so they are not able to make much money from it anymore.

Base Camp and Refreshment table cannot be used inside cities or dungeons, and even on some open fields. There is also the fact that Party Finder is now a thing (which gives extra experience for using it), so there is less need to pre-make parties for dungeons now. It is not like the buffs from the Squire's Refreshment Table are required either, or even make any significant difference.

Armor Maintenance still doesn't do anything useful.

And while Weapon Maintenance still provides a nice bonus to damage at lower levels, it doesn't have any meaningful impact at higher levels.

Repair is still useful though, but on very rare and limited occasions and it is mostly good for your AFK shop.

Circle 3 is a joke and Penalty Reduction isn't anything necessary and I could even say it is not useful at higher levels.

The last skill is Arrest, which is simply overshadowed by Corsair's Iron Hook on PvP, a class which is also able to potentially make more money than Squire, albeit by being active since Squire can do it while being AFK.

I wouldn't recommend this class for any "main" character. It is mostly for an alt character to leave AFK at town making money from Repair or Weapon Maintenance. Or for role-playing purposes, I guess.
-- / --

What I do think, tho:

Rodelero is more pvp based. If you will do it, then pick the class for c2. Faced a few in friendly duels, man, they're annoying.

Squire is good. Not being able to pick his c3 won't stop you from profitting with weapon maintenance (very good) and repair shops. Base camp and refreshment table make a combo for good buffs.
Overall I consider it a pretty good class, the only problem is that I think it should become available earlier, like in rank 3, not 5. But that's just me.

Another option that may interest you is c5 -> corsair and c6 -> doppel.
"Quanto menos se pensa, mais se fala."
- moins on pense, plus on parle
- Œuvres complètes‎ - p. 247, Charles de Secondat Montesquieu - 1823
komengsf
Newcomer

Post by komengsf » June 15th, 2016, 3:53 am

Bro,

Thanks for the constructing reply. I have also read the post made by Cathexis, and it really opened my eyes. I might not go for both. Instead I am considering your option on corsair - dop or hoplite - catapract. I am not really sure if finestra can stack with high guard. Any thoughts?
noobienator59650
Newcomer
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: luciledestribats

Post by noobienator59650 » June 15th, 2016, 9:56 am

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/ktos-p ... ion/180639
We don't know it the patch will come in itos but the changes make rodelero class damage insane + peltasta already has scalling damage.
If we had a damage meters, I would be curious to see how "strong" they become on single target.

"Also, technically, you can keep up the 200% strike bonus forever on rodel if you cycle Slithering (10s buff duration, 20s CD) and High Kick (10s buff duration, 15s CD), effectively boosting all your skills (well, most of them) and thus scaling with you constantly. Depends on if you're bursting (in which case you'd just use both, they stack.) or want sustained damage increase."
Let's say a carthar stroke deals 4000 uncrit damage x5, with rodelero buffs, does it allow 12 000x5 for real?

""balance will be different between iToS and kToS."" So even the famous skyliner no cd will never appear around here, we can guess...

"sebastianschumacher1

I have yet to see a single staff member post anywhere, once, in this forum. It seems they have yet to hire a community manager or intend in never doing so.

What I don't understand is.. that the people at kToS CREATED this freaking game. They probably have a much bigger staff that knows a lot more about the game than iToS.. then why will iToS not follow their balance patches? Seems like plain arrogance.

"oh no, WE know what's balanced! not the players, not the beta testers, not the creators of the game! hue hue!"

Honestly I don't think anyone on the iToS team plays swordsman without peltasta on high level. They don't understand the pain. Well, tbh, I'm not sure anyone in the team even play the game or browses the forum at all. I think all they do is fix bugs. If they played the game they could have 1 guy at klaipedia 1 at orsha banning gold sellers 8-10 hours a day. That could not possibly be easier, and yet it's not done.

Maybe after they start selling TP they make some money and they can afford to hire a community manager, a team to deal with balances and some ban-hammer GMs.

Right now the community is about 100% ignored. I've personally sent private messages to the Staff asking why they don't participate in the forums, and of course, I didn't get a reply. It's pretty damn ridiculous. They are not in the game, they are not in the forums. Where are these people? Is the entire iToS team programmers that only fix code and hate the game?"
Zhon
Apprentice
Guild: Cafezinho das 6
Timezone: GMT-3
Favorite Class: Falconer
Team Name: Zhonie

Post by Zhon » June 15th, 2016, 12:28 pm

komengsf wrote:I am not really sure if finestra can stack with high guard. Any thoughts?

I'm not sure either, but if we follow the description of the skills they don't exclude each other. High guard demands a shield equipped, finestra only works with 1-h or 2-h spears.
"Quanto menos se pensa, mais se fala."
- moins on pense, plus on parle
- Œuvres complètes‎ - p. 247, Charles de Secondat Montesquieu - 1823
komengsf
Newcomer

Post by komengsf » June 15th, 2016, 4:22 pm

I have decided and I am going for hoplite - catapract just to maximize the defense skill. Finestra and high guard, they stack and I have almost 100% block to physical damage when I hit C. As for catapract, I am just aiming for additional stat and mobility from the pet.

Going for peltasta 3, there is nothing much you can do in term of DPS. I am reluctant to go for corsair because corsair would be good with an off hand weapon instead of shield. Although, the zoli roger would be a nice buff for the team.

Looking at the post about the news that they will revamp rodelero, the main point of my build is pretty much tank. I do believe rodelero would excel in PvP. However, for DPS or PvP purpose I will lv up a class that is really pvp base. It can be full dps swordman, musketeer, or featherfoot. The class I am creating now is going to be a templar and there is not much room to play around.

I appreciate all the replies.

Cheers.