Does DEX and SPR important for tanker?

kiarizkia
Newcomer
Team Name: Rzkia

Does DEX and SPR important for tanker?

Post by kiarizkia » June 8th, 2016, 4:23 am

First of all, im new to TOS and need some pro advice :)

Im currently playing an off-tank build Swordie -> Pelta C2 -> Hop C1 (lvl 100), with the stats distribution of con:str / 3:1
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... ixej3gt11/

Im curios about the importance of DEX or SPR to the build. should i add some points on it? what it will be on the endgame?
Aquaくろ
Apprentice
Timezone: +8
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Re: Does DEX and SPR important for tanker?

Post by Aquaくろ » June 8th, 2016, 8:05 am

DEX for ACC and EVa. SPR for SP.

Recommended not to spend points for SPR unless you really want that SP. The magic defense scaling from SP is sooo bad it is not worth getting just for that. Better to use gems for magic defense instead of SPR.
Get Dex if you think you cant hit anything, can be replaced with a good Glove and Gem.
kiarizkia
Newcomer
Team Name: Rzkia

Post by kiarizkia » June 8th, 2016, 9:22 am

Aquaくろ wrote:DEX for ACC and EVa. SPR for SP.

Recommended not to spend points for SPR unless you really want that SP. The magic defense scaling from SP is sooo bad it is not worth getting just for that. Better to use gems for magic defense instead of SPR.
Get Dex if you think you cant hit anything, can be replaced with a good Glove and Gem.
noted :D
what do u think about my build? any suggestion?
im currently hitting Con 3 : Str 1 for my build
Aquaくろ
Apprentice
Timezone: +8
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Post by Aquaくろ » June 8th, 2016, 5:04 pm

Why not just go Peltasta 3 > Squire 3 ? Would be a great semi tank. And Squire 3 shops are better than Squire 1 or 2.
Well, your build could sort of work or maybe not. Cant really say for certain. But it is not a bad build, i just dislike going Squire at Rank 6/7 instead of Rank 5.

If you wanted to deal damage probably scrap squire for some other class.

Another choice if you want to get Squire 2 is skip Hoplite 2 and go straight to Squire at Rank 5 and 6, then maybe Dragoon or Squire 3 at the end.

Either way, your build is not that good nor is it bad. If you like it play it.
oranghugo
Beginner

Post by oranghugo » June 29th, 2016, 3:21 pm

deleted
Last edited by oranghugo on July 17th, 2016, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spacepan
Newcomer
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: spacepan

Post by spacepan » June 30th, 2016, 11:53 pm

I'm still pretty new but have a couple characters at level 100. I think you should take Squire to 3 or not at all (if you wanted to use the weapon upgrade/repair ability, you'll basically be automatically classed out of the market by all the c3's). It looks like a really cool class, but going c3 would force you to give up Hop 2 which really makes your character all-in tank.. still, I'd guess that swash buckling, tanking, and arresting stuff would make the character interesting in parties even with very little ways to actually kill stuff
you can increase the p.def by enhance it with Anvil. mdef can't be enhanced.
You can increase mdef with anvil by upgrading your accessories, or did you mean something different?