Question regarding Shinobi Class

killermote
Newcomer
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: Tiers

Question regarding Shinobi Class

Post by killermote » June 4th, 2016, 2:06 am

Hello, I'm new here :D not a CBT player
I'm a tryhard hardcore gamer who grinds not because it's fun but because I'm kinda obsessive-compulsive :evil: and I'm very busy in real life :?
I have a soloist PvE playstyle with no problems playing in a group or with friends (my friends are not as active or at least not as obsessive-compulsive :lol: )
My main character is currently at level 85 rank 4 (after 300 something hours in-game)
Originally my planned build was
Swordsman>Highlander>Barbarian>Barbarian>Corsair>Corsair>Corsair
However upon reaching that level previously mentioned, I realized the wonders and ease of doing everything I've done previously by simply gathering mobs in a single spot and spamming skills at them...this I was able to do with Seism in relatively unpopulated maps
I should've taken Peltasta for rank 2 just for Swash Buckling which would be better than manually hitting each mob into a group just so I could nuke them :|
Now my question is about my remaining options, I'm planning to drop Corsair for rank 7 and instead take Shinobi hoping that Kunai skill has...
Outstanding range? Can it hit at least up to the distance of Swash Buckling?
Pierces through targets? Like can I aggro multiple targets in a line?

My orginal intention was to use 2-Handed Swords and was planning to go Corsair Circle 3 only for the offhand pistol and Pistol Shot skill for attacking and luring targets from a distance (Devil May Cry and of course the Corsair costume) however if Shinobi's Kunai (which lacks a required stance) proves to be a better ranged attack option for me than having a handy dandy pistol then I'd definitely go ninja pirate 8-)
Aquaくろ
Apprentice
Timezone: +8
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Re: Question regarding Shinobi Class

Post by Aquaくろ » June 4th, 2016, 3:59 am

From what i do know, most go Corsair 1 for Jolly Roger, Corsair 2 for DWA and hexen, also same reason some picked corsair2 before shinobi because dwa seems to work with clones, and Corsair 3 for higher level on both skills. Pistol Shot is meh, bordering on useless. Mainly because it is a Rank 7 skill (corsair 3 is rank 7) that doesnt scale well, and the damage is rather bad for a rank 7 skill.

IIRC Shinobi skills are Pierce type, which is the reason people go Hoplite before Shinobi. The clones also can use Swordsman skills, another reason some chose Swordsman 3. You can read more on this on the Shinobi thread in the main forum.
If you do decide for Shinobi though, prepare for HOURS upon HOURS of collecting stuff and waiting for a RARE item to spawn.
killermote
Newcomer

Post by killermote » June 4th, 2016, 7:14 am

Oh I read some of those info awhile ago while I was searching for an answer regarding Kunai...thanks for the ones I didn't know
And yeah the item hunt sounds interesting just to unlock the class advancement. Reminds me of how RO1 job change worked and what I've been doing in this game for that 300 in game hours (collections) :lol:

I'm really not optimizing for the "best" build so I don't mind the "weak" skills I plan to invest on. I really intended to get Pistol Shot even though I knew it was weak because it was an instant ranged attack which the Swordsman tree lacked. I just saw Kunai seemed to also behave like an instant ranged attack making me wonder how far its range actually is...

Has anyone tested that yet or will I have to find out myself? It will probably take me 1000 additional in game time to get to rank 7 :lol:
Aquaくろ
Apprentice
Timezone: +8
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Post by Aquaくろ » June 4th, 2016, 7:53 am

As i have noted, in the main forum in the Shinobi thread, they already discussed shinobi skills and related stuff to shinobi class. The disscussion was rather good with multiple test having been done from both iToS and kToS servers, so you could probably find that answer there. I'm having issues loading the main site, so i cant get the link for you. And yes, Kunai is a ranged attack.
Rather than pistol shot why not go corsair 3 just for the pistol attribute, you dont really need the skill to use a pistol, just the attribute. Works similar to any other subweapons, press C to use.
killermote
Newcomer

Post by killermote » June 4th, 2016, 9:46 am

I searched the thread and found a video somehow demonstrating Kunai range I guess that's my answer...looks interesting :lol:

Thanks
minato.arisato
Newcomer

Post by minato.arisato » June 4th, 2016, 11:11 am

Hi guys lv 180 corsair sword 1 > sword 2 >barb1 > barb 2 > corsair 1 > corsair 2 what weapons should I go for I was thinking Karacha Dagger and toy hammer any suggestions if there's any alternatives trying to be shinobi