[PVE]My Offtank goals

grigori
Newcomer
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: IceNine

[PVE]My Offtank goals

Post by grigori » May 30th, 2016, 3:34 am

Hey all picked this game up a few weeks ago rly enjoying it, Although the way gearing works in this game is just strange...
just got lvl100 but i have planned the Following build as 2;1 str con ratio-ish:
Swordsman>Peltc1>HopC3>(to be researched). Aiming to be an Offtank.

Now some the things that bother me/need feedback about, so i can actualy make some propper goals in this game then just farming about.

-How squishy are Offtanks endgame aka can i survive group play with having more str then con,
along with going doppel for instance.
-is there like a softcap to how much con or dex i need for end content?

-Assuming ill be able to equip 220 gear would the 170 purple stuff be better just because it gives additional attributes?
-Since magic isnt avoidable shouldnt cloth gear be superior for a tank because of the masteries?
-Or does physical defense outweigh incoming magic attacks from endgame/dungeon mobs/bosses?

-Is PeltC1 enough for the current endgame for defensive abilities?
-The slithering ability from rodelero to avoid all magic in its duration how valuable is that in pve encounters?
-Can i just go: Swordsman>peltc1>hop3>doppel>dragoon with the above gear/stat advice without having to worry about having defensive abilities?

To make a loooong story short can i go full dmg skill tree and still be able to tank stuff endgame?:P

Thank you for your time.
Aquaくろ
Apprentice
Timezone: +8
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Re: [PVE]My Offtank goals

Post by Aquaくろ » May 30th, 2016, 5:33 am

To answer some of your questions,
- current late game mobs deals magic damage. ET for example.

I actually went in a similar build to the one you planned, i was doing 3 str 2 con 1 dex. Its tanky enough up until i meet a magic mob. Then i run.
- cloth armor would actually be good for times like this, but i like having high HP pool.

- additional attribute for gears are awesome, otherwise why would people go crazy for arde dagger, and use cafrisun even tho it practically have zilch defense at high levels. theres also petamion, gladiator band, sissel and all those stuff they go for in MEGA chat.

TO make a short answer short, you can go full dmg, just dont expect to be a tank.
grigori
Newcomer
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: IceNine

Post by grigori » May 30th, 2016, 11:51 pm

Aquaくろ wrote: - additional attribute for gears are awesome, otherwise why would people go crazy for arde dagger, and use cafrisun even tho it practically have zilch defense at high levels. theres also petamion, gladiator band, sissel and all those stuff they go for in MEGA chat.
Ofcourse i was aware of this but currently there are no epic(purple stuff) quality 220 gear. but meant if the base stat 220 gear would outweigh the roxona attributes.

some questions about your plate gear
even though you just want to see your hp increase, would you still be able to do the same w/o the plate mastery?
i do not rly get excited about having a high health number but having enough defense to get by.

wasnt necessarily talking about my stat distribution as ''going full dmg'' more like is Peltc1 enough for me to tank for groups,
or do i need to invest into peltc2/rodelero/squire/templar after im done with hopC3 for me to survive the current endgame.
Aquaくろ
Apprentice
Timezone: +8
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Post by Aquaくろ » May 31st, 2016, 3:31 am

-using roxona set would be fine, until you get lolopanther, if you manage to somehow.
-yes you can have high hp without plate mastery, just have high CON. each CON is 85HP and 1 shield block. each SPR is 0.2 mdef.
-if you want defense, get gems and/or gears with high defense.
-as i have said, you can block physical damage easy with decent CON, but would suffer when meeting magic damage.
-a proper tank would be either peltasta3 or pel2 rode2. theres also an evasion build made around fencer, but since magic cant be avoided it is not a true tank.
-you can still tank, theres nothing wrong with being hop3. if you have a shield and decent block rate, you can tank partly (cos you cant do magic).
-you would need rodelero2 for slilthering, which allows you to evade magic attacks.
-templar1 is useless for now, other than making a guild. it is also not a tank class, its just a guild master.
-squire is just a food delivery guy, and a repairman. some way to make squire tank is being c3 peltasta. also apply to templar.

to be honest, rather than tanking it would be better, probably, to just kill them quickly.
peltasta1 is useful, for swash buckling. guardian 18% evasion is also good since you dont always block. you have a chance to block as long as you equip a shield. shield mastery is 25% block, press C to guard is 50% defense bonus.
just make sure your group have a cleric and you will be fine. in fact, most ET groups dont even have a swordman, cos DPS is better than Turtle.

TL:DR: High CON = High Block Rate, equip shield and kill them all.