New Player / 2 path looking for feedback

tmactim150
Newcomer

New Player / 2 path looking for feedback

Post by tmactim150 » May 29th, 2016, 8:01 am

Hello there,
I'm New player and this is the first time i try to plan my build
I want to be useful in PVE and PVP and not easy to die.

Actually i want to play two hand sword but it seems useless in PVP. lol
so i decide being Peltasta in rank2 to become more tanky.
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... emytpz6h7/

And this is the build that my fd suggested to me.
Is it ok both of PVE and PVP??
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... efbv35j9r/

BTW, is "Finestra" works for two hand sword??

Please give me some advance or suggestions.

many thanks ! :D
Aquaくろ
Apprentice
Timezone: +8
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Re: New Player / 2 path looking for feedback

Post by Aquaくろ » May 29th, 2016, 9:54 am

From the 2 builds you listed, one is a 2handed build, another is a 2handed spear/spearshield build.

2handed sword builds usually go dps, which means that you hit hard, in pve. For your 1st build you can use sword shield up to rank7, where you get 2handed skills, and cant use them without 2handed sword. Barbarian skills doesnt have weapon limitation.
Spear builds are good in pve, due to spear having extra damage to larger monsters. In your 2nd build, you can use sword/spear shield, or switch to 2handed spear after getting cata. Dragoon gains bonus damage with 2handed spear tho.
Finestra doesnt work for 2handed sword, at least thats what the stance list says.
PvP for swordsman class is rather simple, you just need to be able to not die and not get hit. Well, you probably will die facing magic class.

Both builds are fine, i guess bash/thrust and umbo/rim are personal preference. I personally prefer bash 3 for the attribute, using it when i need to knock enemy away so i can run. Umbo blow is great, especially when you get a block. The 25% stun chance is also nice. What i hate about Rim is that it knocks enemy back.
Getting peltasta gives you bonus block and press C to guard attribute, which is great for tanking. To be honest, if you want to play the game as a tank go with the second build, if you want to play as a semi-dps, go first build. If you want to be a dps, go archer.
tmactim150
Newcomer

Re: New Player / 2 path looking for feedback

Post by tmactim150 » May 30th, 2016, 8:32 am

Thanks for your answer.

I probably following the first build. tanky Doppelsoeldner.
And im planning my character stat percentage to be 2:1 str con and ignoring dex is it ok??

Thank you again :D