Fencer build help

Zamatrius
Newcomer
Server: Orsha
Team Name: SDL

Fencer build help

Post by Zamatrius » May 8th, 2016, 7:43 am

Hi, first i want to apologise for my english, i'm not good writing in english. I like to play solo, party/guild can be fun sometimes but i love play solo, that lone wolf feeling makes the game more intense and fun for me :ok: . i'm still a newbie in this game but i'm thinking in a build that can allow me to solo well and not be a worthless pile of s***t in party/raid.

I saw this build from LoliLicker( dat nick bro :gg: ) http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... dri9o9mje/, the fencer class
caught my attention mostly because that fabulous flower costume that i bought in the shop. Fencers and flowers ftw :awsm: !

This is my first char, so... I must balance repairs, money and enchants, plus i'm a solo player, all my friends are playing mobas and I want distance from that kind of game(less fun more rage :sob: ). The squire class can fix that problems, but my dps will fall a bit.

As i said before i don't know much about the game, you will notice that i just copy the fencer part from LoliLicker guide, i only saw fencers in youtube, so... i fell like i don't have enouch knolloge of the skills to make my own choices, plus i'm feeling a bit lazy today. :ok:

Rank and skills: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 5qdw0lcp9/

Stats:
Im not considering equipament bonus, just base stats

55 dex, 20 spr, 48 con, 400 str

In the LoliLicker guide he said "Your DEX should always be double the amount of your STR, and your SPR and also CON should be 1/4 of the amount of your STR". We have 279 points, if we do some math we will have 80 points to str, 20 to con, 19 to spr and 160 to dex, this will give the following stats:
- 205 dex, 169 str, 33 con and 26 spr.
But if we consider the total amount(points + base + bonus) we will have something like this:
- 241 dex, 120 str, 28 con and 28 spr.

I'll take the second case as reference(400 attack). Imo he balance the lack of str with frenzy who gives +400 damage at full stacks, then he will have about 800 attack. With 400 str we will have 680 + 150 from frenzy, so we will have 830 attack. Ok the high str can compensate the low frenzy level and maybe the low warcry level, but we will do less damage with seism and cleave( in my version i use only lvl 5 cleave, helm chopper do more damage).

Now is time to talk about defense, in his version the defense is based on evasion so he will have about 596 evasion( base + leather bonus ) and 834 with esquive toucher. We will have 410 evasion and 574 with esquive toucher, ok its a big drop. Gung Ho will lower my pdef, I already have low evasion, so wearing a plate armor set and convert my dex points into con points can be a good deal. Idk how efficient will be but sounds better than rely on evasion with low dex. So what you guys think about it?

Ty 4 reading :thx:
arzh.mael
Apprentice
Guild: GravityError
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: ArzhMael

Re: Fencer build help

Post by arzh.mael » May 8th, 2016, 1:07 pm

There is a lot of things to improve here.

First of all, you should NOT take Squire C1. It's useless and won't help you.
Having Squire C1 won't help you to spare money and won't give you income.
If you want cheap repair, go to blacksmith in town.
If you want weapon maintenance, pay a C3 Squire buff.

Second,
- Evasion don't work on magical attacks, and the higer lvl you are, the more magical attacks monsters you will meet.
- Evasion have ~85% max cap, so even with 1.000.000 evasion you will be hit 15% of the time, you can't rely only on evasion for your survivability.
If you don't want to lick the ground on every fight at high level you NEED CON, and it's not optional (like it's said in the build you are following...)
In my opinion you should rather go for plate (more physical def, 15% physical damages reduction) or wearing a shield agains physical attacks.
Agains magical ones, you should avoid aoe when you can and pray you have enough HP/CON when you can't.

About stats...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
What does it proves?
DEX is better than STR for damages ONLY when you have a fu**ing high total attack (weapon damages + physical attack + skill base damages).
Since swordsmen have more multi-hits attacks than high base damages skills (like canoneer, musketeer), STR is better than DEX for dealing damages.

Lastly,
If you plan to PvE, you should think about C1 Peltasta if you want to have a minimum use in party/dungeons.
And it will improves your survivability when you solo play.
You should try some Swordsman C1/Peltasta C1/Barbarian C3/Fencer C2.
Zamatrius
Newcomer

Post by Zamatrius » May 8th, 2016, 8:27 pm

First of all, you should NOT take Squire C1. It's useless and won't help you.
Hi arzh.mael thanks for your answer. I've made some math, squire c1 really don't worth the trade, maybe with some str can be viable, but you will not have enough support to be picked as one and you will deal less damage to be considered a good dps :sob: .
If you don't want to lick the ground on every fight at high level you NEED CON, and it's not optional (like it's said in the build you are following...)
I agree with you con > evasion :no1: , as a fencer i'll have a decent amount of evasion, a good amount of hp and defense from plate sets can compensate the lack of evasion. Btw thank you again, that google table is really useful and helped a lot :ok: .
If you plan to PvE, you should think about C1 Peltasta if you want to have a minimum use in party/dungeons.
Peltasta c1, adds a lot of utility to your character, you can be an off tank and deal a good amount of dps, but can be useless in pvp. I plan use this build both in pvp and pve because of that i decided to choose sw c2 instead of peltasta c1, for a pure pve build c1 peltasta > c2 sw, but for pvp and pve sw c2 can be better. This is my opinion, as i said i don't know much about the game, so please correct me if i'm wrong.

My stats will be something like: ~100 con, 18 spr and the remaining points in str, the skills will change a bit, but not much.
arzh.mael
Apprentice

Post by arzh.mael » May 8th, 2016, 11:05 pm

Hi again. ;)

About sw or peltasta choice, it's up to you. But there are somes things to keep in mind.
• Swordsman class gives you buffs, you wont use damages skills except for their utility (bash lv3 for knock down, thrust for pierce source damage if you have none). Gung Ho, Pain Barrier, Concentrate are the keywords of the swordsman. And Restrain for C2.
Thoses skills doesnt scale with level, when you have a 10~12 damage weapon and 10 STR on lv 8, maxed Gung (+20 attack on lv5) looks amazing. But when you are high level with 200+ STR and 300~350 weapon damages, this buff looks ridiculous.
• You should notice that most of the buffs comes from attribute and not the skill level himself.
Lv5 Gung Ho gives +20 atk, lv10 gives +35 (it d 15 more), attribute gives +50.
This means you should not pick C2 to improve buffs.

The only good think about Swordsman C2 is Restrain for the stuns chance, but it have long cooldown (1/3 up time) and stuns wont work in PvP (actualy) because of CC immun buffs and removal.

• On the other hand there is Peltasta wich gives you % block with shield, manual 'C' guard and full-time +25% HP from Swash Buckling (wich I think is awesome).
All are %! Omnomnom! That means it scale with your level! The more HP/block you have, the more you get!
And, i am not ok with you, it's as good for PvE than PvP, swordsmen need survivability in PvP since they are melee. ;)

For your stats I recommand you to increse your CON with leveling, when you feel you need more HP, and put all others points in STR, you dont need SPR. Just take items/enchantments wich gives you SPR regen and you will be fine.

If you want to PvP you should read this topic. :)
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3396
Zamatrius
Newcomer

Post by Zamatrius » May 10th, 2016, 4:27 am

Well, i guess i can try your suggestion, my main character is lvl 70 right now so i'll not loose much. It's a shame i cannot transfer my costume to another character, they need change that! :pif:
arzh.mael
Apprentice

Post by arzh.mael » May 10th, 2016, 8:59 am

Keep in mind, the best is to play what you like! I don't want to force you to reroll or play a class you don't like. I just want to help you giving advices about the current state of the game.
This can change too, if swordsman C2 get improvements with patchs in 1, 2 months... or years, I don't want you to blame me because I made you do a bad choice... ^_^'

I agree with you, they should make Premiums items "bind to account", not "untradeable"...
I have one Stats reset potion, 9 dungeons reset vouchers and 12 XP books locked on my first character I don't use... u_u