Is peltasta a must even for a full dps dragoon?

gustavo.reyes-lira
Newcomer

Is peltasta a must even for a full dps dragoon?

Post by gustavo.reyes-lira » April 29th, 2016, 2:55 pm

Before all sorry for my bad english
Thats my question, its really a peltasta a must for all swordman builds? Even for a dragoon dps?
I always read that the people wont invite you for high lvl dungeons if you dont have it
Why dont you just call a tank?
If i dont pick peltasta is cuz im focuced on dps only
Not for tank
Why the people dont understand that?
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Re: Is peltasta a must even for a full dps dragoon?

Post by Gardosen » April 29th, 2016, 7:19 pm

No,

it makes more sense then to go some something similar like my build i think.

Paltesta i think is only important if you also wanna go for some tankyness and dmg with the shield.
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
bjquimpo
Newcomer
Server: [SEA] Telsiai
Team Name: BeeJ

Post by bjquimpo » April 29th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Go for 1 level of Peltasta. It has a provoke skill where you get all mobs. Doesn't matter if you're not tank. You will understand as you progress that it is way faster if you get the monsters close to each other.

Weapon switching attribute makes this possible. Switch to shield for the provoke skill then switch back to your main weapon (2HSPEAR or 2HSWORD or Dagger)

If you have any questions just ask
gustavo.reyes-lira
Newcomer

Post by gustavo.reyes-lira » April 30th, 2016, 12:39 am

bjquimpo wrote:Go for 1 level of Peltasta. It has a provoke skill where you get all mobs. Doesn't matter if you're not tank. You will understand as you progress that it is way faster if you get the monsters close to each other.

Weapon switching attribute makes this possible. Switch to shield for the provoke skill then switch back to your main weapon (2HSPEAR or 2HSWORD or Dagger)

If you have any questions just ask
i dont have one rank for taunt monster that i dont wanna tank for others
if i make a dps swordman, i dont need to tank monsters for others
thats the job of the tank
if you need aggro, you have the taunt effect of the swordman c1
if you want to tank, go ahead and pick peltasta
Yori
Newcomer

Post by Yori » April 30th, 2016, 1:59 am

The point of the taunt is not to taunt anything, tank anything, nor does have it much to do with aggro of any kind. You get the taunt as a massive AoE that will force enemies you are fighting COMPLETELY solo to close the gap between them and walk towards you. Using this you can efficiently gather and kill big groups of mobs which greatly increases killing times. If you would rather kill things one by one, then go ahead and skip it. It isn't necessary as a dps increase... merely a farming speed increase, with the added bonus of being able to tank if you ever wanted to help a friend out or something...