is "Double earn pay" skill is necessary ? (Doppelsoldner)

naysnays
Newcomer
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

is "Double earn pay" skill is necessary ? (Doppelsoldner)

Post by naysnays » April 26th, 2016, 5:40 pm

Hello guys ....i hope i would get the answer here :gawi:
like i said on the subject is this skill necessary ?
or we would need it for dungeon while about to defeat the the boss to get double exp and better drop rate ?
is this skill really worth for grinding ?

And also i would like you to check my build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... sb6t79bka/ , how'd you think ? my role is DPS/Tank ( semi )
Last edited by naysnays on April 26th, 2016, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miisummer97
Beginner

Re: is "Dounle earn pay" skill is necessary ? (Doppelsoldner)

Post by miisummer97 » April 26th, 2016, 6:02 pm

Double Pay Earn... In my opinion if you're farming groups of mobs in a dungeon, investing levels into the skill isn't that bad. On the other hand, if you can cooperate with your team and land the last hit on a boss, 1 or even two levels would be nice.

In short, it is not necessary, but it is nice to have, boosting your drop rate is always nice.

As for your build, regarding the Barbarian C2, the main problem with investing into Frenzy AND Warcry is that you take away power from skills like Cleave and/or Helm Chopper. After hitting C2 Barb in my build, I found Warcry much more reliable. It's a miniature taunt under the right conditions, you don't need to build stacks and the math behind your boosted attack, upon activation, is pretty nice.

Frenzy only really shines If you get C3 Barb where the "Maintain Stacks" attribute can be purchased.
naysnays
Newcomer

Post by naysnays » April 26th, 2016, 6:37 pm

Thanks for reply miisummer97 .
miisummer97 wrote: Frenzy only really shines If you get C3 Barb where the "Maintain Stacks" attribute can be purchased.
Is that mean that i don't really need Frenzy skill for my build ? or i need it for some conditions ?
miisummer97
Beginner

Post by miisummer97 » April 26th, 2016, 7:36 pm

naysnays wrote:Is that mean that i don't really need Frenzy skill for my build ? or i need it for some conditions ?
Well when I levelled both Frenzy and Warcry before Reseting my skill points, I looked at frenzy as a tool for 1v1 Scenarios.

Honestly I'd say you don't need Frenzy in your build since you're only going C2 Barb. Losing stacks on frenzy every time you switch target can be pretty bothersome, and just overall hinders the effectiveness of the skill.

Edit: More info on Double Earn Pay; to confirm from a CBT participant, it does not double the drop rates of a specific mob, for example 0.3 to 0.6, but instead DUPLICATES whatever is dropped. So if a mob drops a specific item, it will drop twice rather than once.

This changes my perspective on the skill a lot more, essentially if you ever find a Silver or Gold mob you can get double the loot and double the cash... I'd say if you go Doppelsoldner, it's a must. Still debatable how much you should level up the skill, but it's worth investing in...
naysnays
Newcomer

Post by naysnays » April 27th, 2016, 6:59 am

miisummer97 wrote:
naysnays wrote:Is that mean that i don't really need Frenzy skill for my build ? or i need it for some conditions ?
Well when I levelled both Frenzy and Warcry before Reseting my skill points, I looked at frenzy as a tool for 1v1 Scenarios.

Honestly I'd say you don't need Frenzy in your build since you're only going C2 Barb. Losing stacks on frenzy every time you switch target can be pretty bothersome, and just overall hinders the effectiveness of the skill.

Edit: More info on Double Earn Pay; to confirm from a CBT participant, it does not double the drop rates of a specific mob, for example 0.3 to 0.6, but instead DUPLICATES whatever is dropped. So if a mob drops a specific item, it will drop twice rather than once.

This changes my perspective on the skill a lot more, essentially if you ever find a Silver or Gold mob you can get double the loot and double the cash... I'd say if you go Doppelsoldner, it's a must. Still debatable how much you should level up the skill, but it's worth investing in...
Such helping answers . I won't take the frenzy after i reset my skills then . And also i think i would keep my double earn at level 2 because you just get the double exp and drop when you kill the monster/boss while the skill is active so i just have to kill the mob/boss while he's dying since the cooldown has no different between low and high level skill . :no1: :no1: :no1:
enkae7317
Newcomer

Re: is "Double earn pay" skill is necessary ? (Doppelsoldner)

Post by enkae7317 » April 28th, 2016, 10:22 am

Hey if you wan't a solid Doppel build with semi-tank check out my build

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... o39uorwoy/

Leveling at the beginning is extremely hard (but doable) so this build is for end-game only. It features pelt -> barb c3 -> dopple c2. Main focus is to aoe taunt and then spin to win mow them down like barbs in diablo :D :D :D
naysnays
Newcomer

Post by naysnays » April 28th, 2016, 4:35 pm

enkae7317 wrote:Hey if you wan't a solid Doppel build with semi-tank check out my build

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... o39uorwoy/

Leveling at the beginning is extremely hard (but doable) so this build is for end-game only. It features pelt -> barb c3 -> dopple c2. Main focus is to aoe taunt and then spin to win mow them down like barbs in diablo :D :D :D
you pick C2 doppelsoldner with peltasta ? are u will use two kind of weapon ? 2h sword and sword+shield ?
and also im already pick c2 highlander and c2 barbarian , just about to pick rank 5
oginki
Newcomer
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by oginki » May 31st, 2016, 7:30 am

I have 2Lv double earn. But 1Lv is better. Becouse 1de+1seism I use. 2lv de = 1 Seism... Wery useful in rare mobs and big spot. For boss DE not work