Dual Wielding Question

skmattso
Newcomer

Dual Wielding Question

Post by skmattso » April 3rd, 2016, 2:23 pm

Hey guys, I just had a quick question about dual wielding. I'm currently in progress of making a character that's going to be a corsair, he's a R3 swordsman (I've been mostly investing in buff skills, aside from skills like double slash, since everything else will be sorta redundant once I hit a high level). My question here is since Corsair is a R5 class, what in the world should I pick as my R4 class? I already have tons of swordsman skills since I invested into that class 3 times already, but I have no idea what a good in-between would be if I'm going to be focusing on a fast, dual wielding character. I thought maybe cataphract, literally just for the ability to mount up and stuff, but I'm unsure.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
arzh.mael
Apprentice
Guild: GravityError
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: ArzhMael

Re: Dual Wielding Question

Post by arzh.mael » April 7th, 2016, 5:36 pm

I don't realy like the C3 swordsman but if you go this way and just need a circle to compelte before Corsair you should think about:
Peltasta for "Swash Buckling (taunt)" or Barbarian for "Helm Chopper (stun)+ Cleave (+50 crit for 5sec and additionnal damages on stun ennemy) combo".
lokkobr
Newcomer
Timezone: UTC-3
Favorite Class: Peltast
Server: Orsha
Team Name: Chubiruba

Post by lokkobr » April 29th, 2016, 8:25 am

I honestly going for this way of DPS I mean, continuous DPS, not burst, prefer to keep a Sword C2>Barb C2> Corsair C2>(rank7 as you wish), and I'll explain the reason:

- Sword C2 can use restrain, a primordial skill to sun some enemies and burst them fast.
- Barb C2 to open the continuous attack buffs, Warcry will remove their defence and once you're focusing in a Continuous DPS, Frenzy will make a huge damage after stun your enemy.
- Corsair C2 is extremely necessary, once you need the skill Double Weapon Assault.

Of course, this is just my opinion about the case, be free to keep your choise if you want :D
By Lokko (Tanker, hereafter Guild Leader). :slur:
freakoi
Newcomer
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Post by freakoi » May 21st, 2016, 6:58 pm

hi im new to the game and im thinking of going corsair too. what are the wpns you can dual weld in this game? and would it be weird if rank7 shinobi uses spear?
arzh.mael
Apprentice
Guild: GravityError
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: ArzhMael

Post by arzh.mael » May 22nd, 2016, 1:18 pm

freakoi wrote:hi im new to the game and im thinking of going corsair too. what are the wpns you can dual weld in this game? and would it be weird if rank7 shinobi uses spear?
Off-hand weapons for Swordsman classes are:
• Daggers (for everyones lv70+)
• Pistols (only if you are Corsair C3)

And I don't see why it would be weird to use spears with Shinobi.
Just keep in mind:
You will need to have Hoplite C1+ to be able to use One-handed spears or Cataphract C1+ to be able to use Two-handed spears.

:!:
Be carefull, I have heard there are somes issues with two-handed weapons and shinobi clones.