Tank build with some damage

Lalakoboldslayer
Beginner

Tank build with some damage

Post by Lalakoboldslayer » November 29th, 2015, 9:46 am

Hi guys, I would like to get some opinions about a tank build I've been thinking for some time.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 8kaukbgz9/

Some questions:

1) Will I have good damage plus survivability with stats like STR+Con 1+1 ?

2) Is it worth it, damage wise going Peltasta C3 with maxed "High Guard: Umblo Blow Speciality" and "High Guard: Rim Blow Speciality" ?

3) If I use 2 Yognome gem + 2 Egnome gem. Will it add +2 to Umblo/Rim Blow ? Don't know if having 2 of same gem on same equipment adds both points.

Thank you guys in advance :)

Obs.: Sorry for grammatical errors, english is not my prme language.
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Re: Tank build with some damage

Post by Phelsetti » November 29th, 2015, 10:24 am

Armor Maintenance isn't so spectacular as it sounds. Wouldn't invest on it and put them points on Camp + Refreshments. Past its monstrous cooldowns, Refreshment buffs are a lot more useful than a small armor buff.

1) Swordsman has a crap ton of HP even without investing a lot on CON, feel free to add in some more STR or even DEX.

2) Basically let's Umbo Blow and Rim Blow scales off more than 150% of your physical attack and tripling their base damage to boot. Only issue is the attributes are currently not working.

3) Yupp they can stack.
Lalakoboldslayer
Beginner

Post by Lalakoboldslayer » November 29th, 2015, 10:34 am

Thank you for your reply.

I guess I'll try improving more STR than CON, something like 3+1.

It's sad that Class Attributes are not working. I'll try this build on open beta.

I changed the build to remove Armor Maintenance and added Base Camp and Refreshment table.
Ayleen
Apprentice

Post by Ayleen » November 30th, 2015, 1:11 am

Pelesta C3 is really worth it but
1- you need to take umbo thrust, good damage,2charges and debuff armor you need it.
2- put 1 point in guardian to get the dodge rate. when you ll play tank in dungeon it s really nice to have.
3- put rim blow lv1 for utility, the skill is crap, doesnt do to much damage and most importantly push back monster. It s really rare when it s useful like when you get 2 archer you can kinda stack them with this skill....
4- don t listen to this guy, speciality work, howerwise how come i m overkilling monster under high guard (-50% remember but +250 and more with the level) and i m not without? you can argue as much as you want, it s a fact, it works and the damage is amazing. Only downside is you ll be able to do it max 3 times during hight guard, it helps tanking and participate for damage, you ll never put high guard if you are not tanking.
5- if you want to stick with those job then take butterfly or you ll lack of skill to do.
6- add con yes but add more str(or dex whatever) and spr. spr is really important since your basic atk gonna suck so you will have to rotate you 3 damage skill (umblo thrust, umbo blow*2, butterfly*2)
7- to add up well it s not force but i advice you as swordman to remove pain barrier and put bash at least lvl3 you can then add the knockdown effect. Really useful CC agaist freeze/sleep monsters. Low mana cost 2 charges and 7 sec CD. Get it.

Just a warning, the build will be exactly like the tittle said you ll have "some damage" ok? don t expect much you ll be mostly a tank/support.
Hey all, i m looking for a competitive guild. PvP and mostly arena but i like doing everything, PvE also when it s challenging.
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » November 30th, 2015, 3:31 am

Ayleen wrote:4- don t listen to this guy, speciality work, howerwise how come i m overkilling monster under high guard (-50% remember but +250 and more with the level) and i m not without? you can argue as much as you want, it s a fact, it works and the damage is amazing. Only downside is you ll be able to do it max 3 times during hight guard, it helps tanking and participate for damage, you ll never put high guard if you are not tanking.
Just tried it out for you. Still doesn't work. Even if the numbers show, it does the same exact damage as it did without High Guard. It does in fact show Overkill if you kill them with the skill. But damage itself doesn't change. Don't be fooled by the numbers just look at the HP bar when you use it with or without High Guard.

Here's a thread about it: https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/peltas ... g/88201/15
Lalakoboldslayer wrote:3) If I use 2 Yognome gem + 2 Egnome gem. Will it add +2 to Umblo/Rim Blow ? Don't know if having 2 of same gem on same equipment adds both points.
Phelsetti wrote:3) Yupp they can stack.
My bad on that part, same monster gems won't stack. :gawi:
Lalakoboldslayer
Beginner

Post by Lalakoboldslayer » December 1st, 2015, 10:17 pm

Decisions, decisions ...

It seems safer to go Hoplite for more damage so.