Corsair Basic Attacks Build Test

Sora Kamii
Newcomer

Corsair Basic Attacks Build Test

Post by Sora Kamii » November 22nd, 2015, 11:35 pm

I AM SORRY FOR THE LONG POST :sry:
Ok, so i tried about 7 different characters and public builds before i came up with this one, and i don't even know if it works yet (i'm currently lvl 45 and for now its going well)
i thought of doing a corsair that would be mainly basic attacks only and buffs
-- STATS --
60% DEX
30% STR
10% CON
here i followed somewhat the full dex build, but the problem i found with that was that even though the crit was high there wasnt enough damage, so every 2 points in DEX I put 1 in STR, and the CON is just cause i usually play alone and this gives me more sustain for mobs and bosses.
-- SKILLS --
>Swordsman C2 (since i want basic attacks only here i have a lot of damage buffs and restrain for the 20% stun)
- Hung ho 10
- Concentrate 10
- Pain Barrier 5
- Restrain 5

>Barbarian C4 (i really was between barbarian or highlander here but the Frenzy skill for barb caught my attention)
-Cleave 10
-Frenzy 5
-Seism 5 ( more stun )
-Helm Chopper 10 (and more stun)

For the corsair build i havent really give it much of a thought, i think i'll wait till i get closer to changing to that class.
i really like the hook skills but it doesnt follow the buffs and basic attacks kind of build so i was thinking:
- Jolly Roger 4 (1 min duration)
- Dust Devil 10
- Double weapon assault 5
- Hexen Dropper 5
- Unlock Chest 6 (had 6 points to spare, thought of putting everything on jolly but this skill could be fun...)

-- ATTRIBUTES --
> swordsman: i tried to focus only on basic attacks damage since for this class i had only buff skills so i put 5 on hung ho enhance(+40 physical damage total) and 5 on concentrate enhance (+29 additional damage total)

>barbarian: so far i only put "use two-handed swords" and thinking if its worth to get attributes for cleave and helm chopper...

-- PROS --
good damage
high crit and evase
decent hp and sustain
solo leveling

-- CONS --
low sp
takes some time to kill bosses

thats all i can think for now, as i level my build i will upgrade the post. but please tell me what you think so far. what am i doing right and what am i doing wrong
AvelinaVee
Beginner
Timezone: GMT +8
Favorite Class: Quarrel Shooter

Re: Corsair Basic Attacks Build Test

Post by AvelinaVee » November 23rd, 2015, 1:32 am

add to Con.
You will buff every single minute and its an hassle really.
Also you need a sub weapon to use Double Weapon Assault (Dunno if it works with two handed swords so yea just to be sure)
If youre a Dex type you will suffer early game but will be ok in late game but adding too much Dex is meeeh since you have gems to hit the certain crit chance that you want. Str increases the Crit atk but Dex only increase crit chance. Play with your stats since its on beta and not since to that stat allocation that you said. Also take note that Magic skills cannot miss so even having a high evasion is useless if its magic so learn how to kite also.
Sora Kamii
Newcomer

Post by Sora Kamii » November 23rd, 2015, 12:27 pm

thanks Avelina

im just using two-handed for barb, when i hit corsair ill get a sub weapon for sure ^^
as for the stats ive been trying this 2 dex for 1 str so far is going well, i'm lvl 55 now and its been very easy except against magic types (i have to use some potions against them, both hp and sp to use more skills and kill faster)
so yeah, i think i should focus a little more on con....
i'm using 1 lvl 3 green gem for crit rate and 1 lvl 3 star gem for crit attack for now
when i hit a high lvl ill reset stats and try 2 str to 1 dex to see the difference, but for leveling so far no troubles, even though i said on the post that it takes longer to kill a boss it depends on the boss actually, just some bosses are hard to kill, most of them are dying fast...

when i reach corsair i'll update the post with equipments, gems, etc =)
AvelinaVee
Beginner
Timezone: GMT +8
Favorite Class: Quarrel Shooter

Post by AvelinaVee » November 23rd, 2015, 1:14 pm

Go and have fun for now cuz its just for testing atm. Experiment to get good results
Coldkil
Newcomer

Post by Coldkil » December 3rd, 2015, 4:35 pm

I was oplaying a similar build, though the Barbarian didn't appeal me much.

Core skill selection is here http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... hd1wt0cex/

From the build title you can see that i'm going for Fencer after Corsair, as the damageing skills are really cool and their synergy is really nice.

Until i'm mistaken and actual rank cap is 6 and not 9 thuis looks the best way to buff autoattacks and dual-wield playstyle. I have choosen Highlander because cartar strike with a two hand weapon is a great source of damage for bosses and i can level up faster.