Question about Squire

Yvolt
Newcomer

Question about Squire

Post by Yvolt » May 18th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Hi,I found Tree of Savior recently and I loved the Squire class because of the arrest,camp and food table skills.

I understand that Camp can be used to open user's storage and respawn,food table can be used to double buff duration and arrest immobilize ennimies but I got a few questions about it.

1)Arrest immobilizes the target but I read that it also stop certain actions to be used including boss spells or attacks.Is that true?

2)Repair,weapon maintance and armor maintance can be used anywhere?I ask that because I see it as a buff possibility when I'm in a party.

3)Can I buff my allies by making food to them with Food table?Does I need food-like items for it?

4)What is good to get before becoming a squire?I was thinking about a highlander build with two-handed sword but I makes me weak for when I arrest others,I think.

5)What the difference between a low to a high level arrest?I saw its video here and it seems to make me unable to move/attack too.Does the level matters to its duration or chance to have a successful arrest?

6)Does I need any item to use repair,weapon maintance and armor maintance?

7) How much should I invest on repair,weapon maintance and armor maintance?I'm thinking about level 1 for repair just to rapair my own weapons and my friend's weapons while using weapon maintance and armor maintance to buff my party.

8) And the most important question!Can I solo as Squire well?I'm a support lover and I ussually try to get non-healer support classes when I don't like the healing mechanic(Even though healing can damage,I dislike the tile system) and I tend to solo a lot because of timezone.Can I fight well without fifth and sixth circle skills?

9) Editted question.I just noticed recently at the skill videos Squires only open 1 kind of shop.Does that mean a Squire can only open and keep one kind of shop?They can only repair,armor maintance or weapon maintance instead of doing it all with a single?
Last edited by Yvolt on May 19th, 2015, 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kiyoshiro
Beginner

Re: Question about Squire

Post by Kiyoshiro » May 19th, 2015, 3:46 am

Yvolt wrote: 8) And the most important question!Can I solo as Squire well?I'm a support lover and I ussually try to get non-healer support classes when I don't like the healing mechanic(Even though healing can damage,I dislike the tile system) and I tend to solo a lot because of timezone.Can I fight well without fifth and sixth circle skills?
I'd say you most likely can. I heavily encourage looking at the classes as a combination rather than as individuals. Even if you want to try to main one class, it's good to think about which other classes goes well with which. For Squires, I don't have any recommendations as I don't see any of their skills being useful in combination with others, so just choose whatever you want.
Yvolt
Newcomer

Post by Yvolt » May 19th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Kiyoshiro wrote:
Yvolt wrote: 8) And the most important question!Can I solo as Squire well?I'm a support lover and I ussually try to get non-healer support classes when I don't like the healing mechanic(Even though healing can damage,I dislike the tile system) and I tend to solo a lot because of timezone.Can I fight well without fifth and sixth circle skills?
I'd say you most likely can. I heavily encourage looking at the classes as a combination rather than as individuals. Even if you want to try to main one class, it's good to think about which other classes goes well with which. For Squires, I don't have any recommendations as I don't see any of their skills being useful in combination with others, so just choose whatever you want.
I'm thinking and rethinking what I can do.

I thought about going Swordman 1 -> Swordman 2 -> Barbarian 1 -> Barbarian 2 -> Squire 1 -> Squire 2
Or Swordman 1 -> Swordman 2 -> Hoplite 1 -> Hoplite 2 -> Squire 1 and 2.

I want something with a good attack/defense that can protect my allies and deal damage,an off-tank maybe.

I don't see any skill that I can use to protect my allies with except Peltasta agro skill.I like that but it's the only skill I would ever use on peltasta skill tree.Maybe Guardian too.

I just noticed while typing,I could go Swordman -> Peltasta ->Peltasta ->Rodelero -> Squire 1 and 2.

Rodelero seems to be the shield ofensive skill tree while I can protect my allies with Peltasta defense buffs and agroo skill.I wouldn't be what I want at once but seems to be the best combination so far.Squire 1 and 2 is a must though.Still thinking.

Also,I added a ninth question that I noticed recently and didn't think of earlier.
lawnmower79
Beginner

Post by lawnmower79 » May 20th, 2015, 1:27 pm

This video should show Squire in action, both in cooking and combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPz0ZSbmzVo

This is a circle 2 Squire with camp + food table

He doesn't really fight in the video though, all he does is lure & block so others can finish enemies off.

He does manage to attack once at 20:52 and it is weak...

If you are prepared to take Squire you must understand that it is not a combat class or a tanking class. It is purely a support class. You're going to be using whatever skills you had before you turned into Squire, and they will likely be very weak by the time you reach rank 6.
Yvolt
Newcomer

Post by Yvolt » May 20th, 2015, 5:45 pm

lawnmower79 wrote:This video should show Squire in action, both in cooking and combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPz0ZSbmzVo

This is a circle 2 Squire with camp + food table

He doesn't really fight in the video though, all he does is lure & block so others can finish enemies off.

He does manage to attack once at 20:52 and it is weak...

If you are prepared to take Squire you must understand that it is not a combat class or a tanking class. It is purely a support class. You're going to be using whatever skills you had before you turned into Squire, and they will likely be very weak by the time you reach rank 6.
I loved it and it also taught me some stuff.

That's what I'm looking for.A buff/party class.

My only problem is:it seems he has friends and they planned their classes and builds.I don't have friends to play with.

I'll go for a barbarian combination and use two-handed sword,I guess.

I loved how food table works.A stationary place which everyone can get their buffs and the buff last quite long(30 minutes as far as I understood)including myself.

I just need a few solo options and I'm done.

Squire sure is worth,loved it!

P.S:I think he has low str and high hp due to his atributes and not due to the class.

Something like this or maybe I should decrease it?

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... sgk4wzfax/
*Crimson-Y
Newcomer

Post by *Crimson-Y » October 27th, 2015, 9:47 am

I'm with you Yvolt,

Mere hours from the second beta now and I've been reading up on ToS and Squire builds, not much luck so far, but hopefully I'll learn a lot from actual play.

I did notice one thing though maybe not of much use to you, I think you can hold onto your first circle skill points and invest them in the second circle skills, meaning that in the build you linked in your post you could lvl repair at 3 instead of 4 and put it into armor maintenance for 10/10.

I'll try to come back and answer your questions if I get any of the answers, but if you try the beta too you'll probably find them yourself.

Good luck and have a Nice day. ^^

EDIT: Turns out you can't save perks for a later class, you have to invest them all.
chrome23
Newcomer

Post by chrome23 » November 4th, 2015, 7:35 pm

*Crimson-Y wrote:EDIT: Turns out you can't save perks for a later class, you have to invest them all.
Oh, if "perks"(is that skill points, right?) means what I'm thinking of then you can save them for later circles, that is if the circles are from the same class (Archer C1 > Archer C2, you can save points - Archer C1 > Quarrel Shooter C1, you can't save points for the QS).
wellcell
Newcomer

Post by wellcell » November 5th, 2015, 1:38 pm

You can do some damage solo and help your group as a tank with this build:

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... rv3xq6snqq

It's very flexible so you can choose what you need for your play style. Hoplite's Finestra is a good buff for your damage and your tanking (10% to blocking + determinate High Guard crit. debuff). Bleed will give you some damage

Arrest - is a great ability! -50% def. for 10 sec. is good + slow that can combine with others classes as well.

Also you can go Peltasta C3, but it's a way of pure tank with less damage but higher survivability.
Moved from General to Swordsman Classes on November 11th, 2015, 4:25 am by Flash