Druid C3 Skill Points ? *gasp*

[Overwatch]D.Va
Newcomer

Druid C3 Skill Points ? *gasp*

Post by [Overwatch]D.Va » September 2nd, 2016, 7:02 am

Hi guys, I'm a relatively new player. In terms of playtime I have played for only 350 hours, and in terms of game experience I am quite sure I learned a few tips and tricks here and there but more info and knowledge is always welcomed. I have created and deleted characters more than a few times than I'd like to (I admit it, I have a hard time making up my mind and I'm not proud of it), class experience: Jack-of-all-trades, master of none (I rush the levels, so I can get to level 90++ in a day). That being said, I've kinda decided to making a Druid class and I want it to be legit this time. End-game wise and all that. So help me a bit here eh ?

Until I get to Druid 1, I'm following the 'Lightning Empress' build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... emxlfxobw/

But as you are aware, the creator of the build plans on going Taoist for Rank 8 for full-on magic dmg. I haven't fully decided on this yet, since I've been reading rumors that Taoists' talismans cost around 500 silver, so like, WOW. I have to upgrade my Attributes, Equipments, AND shove a total of 1k++ silver for each button I press ? I'll pass I think. So, I've partially decided to go Druid C3. Which begs the question; how do I spend the skill points on a Druid Rank 8 ? I want to make a template for it here on TOSBase.

Currently, here's how I spend my points on my Druid C3: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... pb91mp5hd/

Skill Point Allocation, why I allocate them as such:

Chortasmata 5/15

There's an attribute that increases the duration of Chortasmata by 1 second per attribute level up to 5. So after maximizing the attribute, I'll have 20 seconds of Chortasmata at level 5. Equivalent to a non-upgraded Chortasmata level 10. I kinda saved 5 points there, dunno if it's worth it, so guide me oh all-knowing-one.

Carnivory 15/15

Self-explanatory

Shape-Shifting 1/15

To get the bonuses from transforming into a monster (Mainly Insect-type for the magical & physical defence, maybe this'll help me in end-game?). I think I don't need much points into this since it'll be replaced by Transformation. Tell me if it's worth it end-game wise.

Telepath 1/15

1 Point for luring monsters/people into my Zaibas and/or Carnivory zone. Maybe more points is required ? I dunno, I read somewhere that you can cancel Telepath anytime when you use it on a monster so that's not a problem. But NOT on people, so let's say I foolishly decide to PVP/GVG or whatever and I use this skill while some other punk decides to free hit my rear and I can't cancel it for 25 seconds if I maxed it! So, smack me to death while I stand still for 25 seconds. Guide me on this please ?

Sterea Trofh 10/10

Self-explanatory, a no-limit version of Protected Zone.

Transform 7/10

7 Points is exactly enough for a non-stop transformation ( skill cd is 120 seconds ). Transformation is mostly for me to transform into an Insect-type for magical and physical def bonus that I think will help me during end-game.

Lycanthropy 5/5

I get to transform into a Werewolf ?! :ok: Yes please!!. That being said, its really a skill that I want idk if it's something I need. So guide me on this too.

Hengestone 1/5

This is a bit of a dilemma for me, I understand its a version of Divine Might, in which it is deployable and creates an area where all Cleric's skills are upgraded by a further 1 (idk if this stacks with Divine Might, somebody enlighten me). Thing is, idk the duration since TOSBase has yet to even translate the skill decription. So yes, I would like your opinion on this.

NOTES

1.Now, keep in mind that ALL THE SKILLS are FURTHER BUFFED BY 1 LEVEL from Divine Might and IF I decide to keep the point or maybe add some to the skill Hengestone, skills will be even further buffed by 1. (Again, I need clarification whether or not the skill-up-by-1-level stacks with Divine Might).

2.During the time of writing this topic, I am a level 98 Krivis C2, Cleric C2 that I just made a day earlier. I understand its a LONG way to go but like I said, I wanted to make a template of my own. Stat points currently are 50 CON and 100+ INT (No extra points from equipment, extra points from statues and quests are spent into INT)

3. Also guys, before you clarify everything and spend (which I understand) your precious time on typing all that useful info, PLEASE let me know whether or not Taoists have to shove 500 silver PER talisman because if they do, then I will have made peace and completely devote myself on making a Druid C3. If by any chance the talisman costs are decreased to an acceptable cost, I'll just follow the 'Lightning Empress' build and go into Taoist for some heavy magic damage and unnecessary silver consumption :roll:

Thank you in advance, I appreciate any answers and helpful info/tips/tricks.
Timeshadow
Newcomer
Favorite Class: Druid
Server: Orsha
Team Name: Timeshadow

Re: Druid C3 Skill Points ? *gasp*

Post by Timeshadow » September 2nd, 2016, 4:25 pm

As it stands, Shapeshift/Transform locks you out of all your other skills so using a form for defensive stat boosts might not be ideal. That's not to suggest there are no good defensive monsters to turn into. Consider the Merog Shaman instead. It's got a Safety Zone skill that's affected by the Increased Block Count attribute. The combo of Safety Zone, Sterea Trofh, and Shaman form would give you some interesting survivability potential.

I've heard rumors that kToS Druids don't suffer from the same problem as those of us on the international version (If anyone can confirm or deny this, please do :no1: ). Hopefully the Rank 8 update will bring us in line with them. If it does then a magic based Druid using Transform could be a real sight to see.

As far as Lycanthropy goes, we don't know yet if the skills it provides are physical or magic. Judging from the brief video they put out, I'd hazard a guess of them being physical but that's really beside the point. Instead of having a max duration, Lycanthropy drains your SP at 2% per second while it's active (At least according to the skill translation I was able to get). For a caster, that might be problematic. Especially if the form locks you out of using potions which I imagine it would. You don't want Druids just running around in what's likely to be their most powerful form all the time.
[Overwatch]D.Va
Newcomer

Post by [Overwatch]D.Va » September 2nd, 2016, 5:27 pm

Timeshadow wrote:As it stands, Shapeshift/Transform locks you out of all your other skills so using a form for defensive stat boosts might not be ideal. That's not to suggest there are no good defensive monsters to turn into. Consider the Merog Shaman instead. It's got a Safety Zone skill that's affected by the Increased Block Count attribute. The combo of Safety Zone, Sterea Trofh, and Shaman form would give you some interesting survivability potential.

I've heard rumors that kToS Druids don't suffer from the same problem as those of us on the international version (If anyone can confirm or deny this, please do :no1: ). Hopefully the Rank 8 update will bring us in line with them. If it does then a magic based Druid using Transform could be a real sight to see.

As far as Lycanthropy goes, we don't know yet if the skills it provides are physical or magic. Judging from the brief video they put out, I'd hazard a guess of them being physical but that's really beside the point. Instead of having a max duration, Lycanthropy drains your SP at 2% per second while it's active (At least according to the skill translation I was able to get). For a caster, that might be problematic. Especially if the form locks you out of using potions which I imagine it would. You don't want Druids just running around in what's likely to be their most powerful form all the time.
In the 'Lightning Empress' build, I've read from the comments that it is confirmed that KToS does not lock Druids out of using their skills during Transformation (which is mainly why I took it in the first place), whether or not this will be applied to us here in IToS is a matter for discussion.

As for Lycanthropy, I do agree that the damage output from the video they put seems a little....underpowered for a Rank 8. Which I guess would be the reason you think it's physical. As for draining 2% of SP per second, I don't exactly know how to respond to that, it is basically like using the Sorcerer's summon skill in which it will drain your SP the longer you sustain it. My best bet would be to unload all the necessary skills first, ( Buffs, Debuffs, Zaibas, Chortasmata, Carnivory)drench yourself with the highest level SP pot you can get and then transform yourself into a Werewolf for a set period, transform back into normal form. Rinse and repeat.
Last edited by [Overwatch]D.Va on September 2nd, 2016, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timeshadow
Newcomer
Favorite Class: Druid
Server: Orsha
Team Name: Timeshadow

Post by Timeshadow » September 2nd, 2016, 6:13 pm

[Overwatch]D.Va wrote:As for Lycanthropy, I do agree that the damage output from the video they put seems a little....underpowered for a Rank 8. Which I guess would be the reason you think it's physical. As for draining 2% of SP per second, I don't exactly know how to respond to that, it is basically like using the Sorcerer's summon skill in which it will drain your SP the longer you sustain it. My best bet would be to unload all the necessary skills first, ( Buffs, Debuffs, Zaibas, Chortasmata, Carnivory)drench yourself with the highest level SP pot you can get and then transform yourself into a Werewolf for a set period, transform back into normal form. Rinse and repeat.
That would be my plan too but I mainly run physical classes so I'm not too familiar with how much blue bar management is an issue for casters. Otherwise, I'd definitely recommend the skill, if only for the extra mobility provided by the dash.

Anyway, Transform will be infinitely more useful if we get access to our other skills while it's active. Maybe consider going with a large Insect type if you can find one. The boosted defense combined with higher max HP will be better for what you're looking for, especially since you have a bunch of heal tiles anyway.
[Overwatch]D.Va
Newcomer

Post by [Overwatch]D.Va » September 4th, 2016, 8:45 am

Also, something I just noticed earlier when scrolling through the Cleric Rank 8 post:

"The newly added “Henge Stone” increases the level of all cleric Magic Circles and deployed equipment by 1.

It also increases all statistics of Druids while they are transformed."

This means that the skill "Henge Stone" will increase Druid's stat points when they are transformed into their werewolf form. Something to think about , if we cast Henge Stone first then Transform, maybe then we get to see the full potential of the Druid's Lycan form. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for someone to help me figure out the skill point allocation for a Druid C3. :hmm:
Esfores
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Dragoon
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: Esfores

Post by Esfores » October 18th, 2016, 5:02 am

Quick bit of info on Lycanthropy, max it out. Lycanthropy is insanely powerful as your skills can still be used, and it adds quite a large amount to every hit, making it perfect for any fast hitting Cleric which most damage dealers are. Lycanthropy's attacks are physical, but they scale from both your physical and your magic attack. Henge Stone might be best kept at level 1, because while it doubles your magic attack, physical attack, and HP, the only thing you need to do is turn into a werewolf while inside of it. The Cleric magic circle boost is negligible but could be silly if you have a Kabbalist since it adds an extra wheel to Merkabah, but you can't have both in the same build.

Here's a quick video showing off the amount of damage it can put out.