Tesku
Newcomer
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: TheGodSlayer

Feedback on my Pala Taoist build

Post by Tesku » August 30th, 2016, 12:52 am

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... rchkmuuff/
Stuff I am considering:
-Transferring all points from Divine Stigma to Aukuras so I can try to get as close as possible to the 58% accuracy de-buff.
-Maybe take away Pala c3 to add Cleric C2 for more heals, safety zone, and Divine Might.
Meltis + Dark Sight is enough?

I know Druid c2 is probably a better choice than Paladin.

Thanks!

BTW video about Taoist's skills and stats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_WNqsl017I
Dinkuron
Beginner

Re: Feedback on my Pala Taoist build

Post by Dinkuron » August 30th, 2016, 3:48 am

Hi, i think your build already excellent. about your consideration,

1. i think 58% accuracy debuf won't help you out from get hit, since in the late game you will be partying alot n your class is not someone in the front line,
krivis zaibas damage will add int stat to damage. since stigma will give you additional int and str, it will help clearing moobs better then the accuracy.
because from my point it's about getting exp not survive (you can have soul crystal everyday from tp market)

2. changing pala 3 to cleric will increase you and your party survivalbilty with heal,SZ,etc but it will not help you to kill moob faster.
as kriv to paladin, your main damage was zaibas and smite. losing 500 (1000 to devil n mutant) damage in smite is not good call
(also remember that smite is also 2nd damage skill other than zaibas even for end game i think), and with max (15) element resist it is enough for survive
(it also give -M def to enemy) in other word, your zaibas will struck them like zeus.

3. for taoist part i can't say much, but the strom calling is a must max for krivis for elemental buff on zaibas. the charm also needed for additional attack option other tahn zaibas n smite.

I hope it will help you decide.. :no1:
Tesku
Newcomer

Post by Tesku » August 30th, 2016, 6:26 am

Dinkuron wrote:Hi, i think your build already excellent. about your consideration,

1. i think 58% accuracy debuf won't help you out from get hit, since in the late game you will be partying alot n your class is not someone in the front line,
krivis zaibas damage will add int stat to damage. since stigma will give you additional int and str, it will help clearing moobs better then the accuracy.
because from my point it's about getting exp not survive (you can have soul crystal everyday from tp market)

2. changing pala 3 to cleric will increase you and your party survivalbilty with heal,SZ,etc but it will not help you to kill moob faster.
as kriv to paladin, your main damage was zaibas and smite. losing 500 (1000 to devil n mutant) damage in smite is not good call
(also remember that smite is also 2nd damage skill other than zaibas even for end game i think), and with max (15) element resist it is enough for survive
(it also give -M def to enemy) in other word, your zaibas will struck them like zeus.

3. for taoist part i can't say much, but the strom calling is a must max for krivis for elemental buff on zaibas. the charm also needed for additional attack option other tahn zaibas n smite.

I hope it will help you decide.. :no1:
1. The accuracy debuff will also help my teammates,but I know Aukuras can also be easily knocked around :sob:
I understand your points. I'll stick with maxing Divine Stigma.

2. Paladin c3 does also unlock Conviction; it allows your smite to hit 3 times every charge. I was just worried because most cleric builds have at least C2. This is understandable because you are a suppose to be a support, not DPS. I just hope Meltis + Dark Sight, which is pretty much a longer Druid's Sterea Trofh, and Barrier makes up my lack of Heal tiles.

3.Yeah, no way am I going to mess with Krivis C3; it is the whole point of being Taoist :gawi:
I might even max Three Disasters for LOLS; 150% Property Resistance at LV15 :slur:

Thanks for your feedbacks!
Esfores
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Dragoon
Team Name: Esfores

Post by Esfores » August 31st, 2016, 12:38 am

It's certainly an interesting concept, however I really don't think Paladin is a very fitting class for it. Paladin's Resist Elements skill already provides more than enough elemental defense because of the 18% nullification chance (with attribute) so adding Three Disasters on top of that would just be unnecessary overkill. You already have an 18% chance for the majority of magic attacks both in PvE and in PvP to do absolutely nothing to you. Taoist is a very specific class, and one that focuses mostly on damage despite its labeled support role. I know you mentioned in the description that it's a gimmick build, but if you'd really like to play Taoist then Cleric 2 Krivis 3 Druid 2 Taoist is your best bet. Making a full on proper Paladin build and ignoring Taoist's resistances would actually be a lot better for resisting elemental as well as non-elemental magic, and I've created an (unfinished) guide on it if you'd like to take a look.
Tesku
Newcomer

Post by Tesku » August 31st, 2016, 1:46 am

Esfores wrote:It's certainly an interesting concept, however I really don't think Paladin is a very fitting class for it. Paladin's Resist Elements skill already provides more than enough elemental defense because of the 18% nullification chance (with attribute) so adding Three Disasters on top of that would just be unnecessary overkill. You already have an 18% chance for the majority of magic attacks both in PvE and in PvP to do absolutely nothing to you. Taoist is a very specific class, and one that focuses mostly on damage despite its labeled support role. I know you mentioned in the description that it's a gimmick build, but if you'd really like to play Taoist then Cleric 2 Krivis 3 Druid 2 Taoist is your best bet. Making a full on proper Paladin build and ignoring Taoist's resistances would actually be a lot better for resisting elemental as well as non-elemental magic, and I've created an (unfinished) guide on it if you'd like to take a look.
On another forum, someone stated that Property Resistance is poop. Yes, I have 19%* to nullify, but if I don't my high elemental resistance will negate most. It also lowers the Magic defense by 100. Is that alot? I understand your points.

Sure, I would like to see your Pala build :gawi:
I am already at C1-K2-P2. Going to see this build to the end.
Esfores
Apprentice

Post by Esfores » August 31st, 2016, 3:21 am

Tesku wrote:
On another forum, someone stated that Property Resistance is poop. Yes, I have 19%* to nullify, but if I don't my high elemental resistance will negate most. It also lowers the Magic defense by 100. Is that alot? I understand your points.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... l1eii0730/

Stats are around 120-150 CON (shown) and the rest into SPR. The reason being that Barrier and Increase Magic Defense both scale with SPR, and end-game you can add over 1.2k, on top of your Resist Elements nullification chance, which is much more beneficial than the property resistances as they're not only more situational but also much less potent and do not scale. You become an immensely powerful magic as well as a physical tank (since you can wear plate armor with no downsides). Your heals are very potent due to Restoration and you have massive amounts of economic potential through Barrier/Simony. Personally I think this is one of the few ways to build a Paladin. A few valid substitutes may be Oracle over Pardoner, for mitigating magic damage in short bursts rather than maintaining it over time, or Priest over Krivis, to sacrifice SPR Zalciai for Resurrection. Personally I'd say do Krivis, though. Zalciai with full SPR can reduce enemy Critical Resistance into negative values, allowing even people with no DEX to deal crits (I've played this build for a bit and I've done it before). On the other hand if you want to play Taoist, just do what I said above and follow a standard Cleric 2 Krivis 3 Druid 2 build.
Tesku
Newcomer

Post by Tesku » August 31st, 2016, 8:39 am

Esfores wrote:
Tesku wrote:

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... l1eii0730/

Stats are around 120-150 CON (shown) and the rest into SPR. The reason being that Barrier and Increase Magic Defense both scale with SPR, and end-game you can add over 1.2k, on top of your Resist Elements nullification chance, which is much more beneficial than the property resistances as they're not only more situational but also much less potent and do not scale. You become an immensely powerful magic as well as a physical tank (since you can wear plate armor with no downsides). Your heals are very potent due to Restoration and you have massive amounts of economic potential through Barrier/Simony. Personally I think this is one of the few ways to build a Paladin. A few valid substitutes may be Oracle over Pardoner, for mitigating magic damage in short bursts rather than maintaining it over time, or Priest over Krivis, to sacrifice SPR Zalciai for Resurrection. Personally I'd say do Krivis, though. Zalciai with full SPR can reduce enemy Critical Resistance into negative values, allowing even people with no DEX to deal crits (I've played this build for a bit and I've done it before). On the other hand if you want to play Taoist, just do what I said above and follow a standard Cleric 2 Krivis 3 Druid 2 build.
According to the latest KTos patch notes, Zalciai does not go into the negatives anymore.
Source: http://pastebin.com/fXFTzMMB
Interesting build but how will you deal damage now?
The Cleric 2 Krivis 3 Druid 2 route is the most obvious one to go.
I just thought Paladin would have some synergy with Taoist; the Property resistances and Conviction's element resistance debuff + Storm calling for massive Zaibas dmg.
I'll probably just go Inquisitor as I originally planned.
Esfores
Apprentice

Post by Esfores » August 31st, 2016, 11:37 pm

Tesku wrote: According to the latest KTos patch notes, Zalciai does not go into the negatives anymore.
I just thought Paladin would have some synergy with Taoist; the Property resistances and Conviction's element resistance debuff + Storm calling for massive Zaibas dmg.
Yeah, I read about that. SPR Zalciai isn't as insane anymore but it's still an extremely nice bonus for physical fighters with low-medium DEX. Damage dealing is easily done with Smite, I have a friend who's currently playing this build and even underleveled he can one shot every non-elite mob in Demon Prison. Though, keep in mind that it isn't the purpose of Paladin to deal damage. Paladin is the only blue Cleric class, and one of 5 blue classes in the game. It's made to be a defense/support hybrid that specialized in protecting against magic attacks extremely well. Honestly the only synergy I see with Taoist is Krivis 3, similar to Rune Caster and Cryo 3. The entire purpose of the class is that one buff but it's one that's definitely worth it if you can take advantage of it. The element resistance debuff wouldn't add any suitable amounts of damage to Zaibas, it reduces it by 100, so that's an extra 100 per hit of Zaibas, x19, x2, for a staggering... 3,800 extra damage across both charges. Not really worth going 3 ranks into a class for it, especially when there's footage of Storm Calling Zaibas doing over 20k per hit. Inquisitor synergizes well with Paladin and is honestly the only next logical step for a Paladin build to me. The anti-magic abilities are not only extremely damaging but also are a nice compliment to Paladin's high magic defense.
Tesku
Newcomer

Post by Tesku » September 1st, 2016, 2:53 am

Esfores wrote:
Tesku wrote: According to the latest KTos patch notes, Zalciai does not go into the negatives anymore.
Yeah, I read about that. SPR Zalciai isn't as insane anymore but it's still an extremely nice bonus for physical fighters with low-medium DEX. Damage dealing is easily done with Smite, I have a friend who's currently playing this build and even underleveled he can one shot every non-elite mob in Demon Prison. Though, keep in mind that it isn't the purpose of Paladin to deal damage. Paladin is the only blue Cleric class, and one of 5 blue classes in the game. It's made to be a defense/support hybrid that specialized in protecting against magic attacks extremely well. Honestly the only synergy I see with Taoist is Krivis 3, similar to Rune Caster and Cryo 3. The entire purpose of the class is that one buff but it's one that's definitely worth it if you can take advantage of it. The element resistance debuff wouldn't add any suitable amounts of damage to Zaibas, it reduces it by 100, so that's an extra 100 per hit of Zaibas, x19, x2, for a staggering... 3,800 extra damage across both charges. Not really worth going 3 ranks into a class for it, especially when there's footage of Storm Calling Zaibas doing over 20k per hit. Inquisitor synergizes well with Paladin and is honestly the only next logical step for a Paladin build to me. The anti-magic abilities are not only extremely damaging but also are a nice compliment to Paladin's high magic defense.
I don't think it is only an additional 3,800 extra damage. I think it is more since those 100 extra damage goes through the Storm Calling multiplier.
Honestly, I am too lazy to re-roll. My current build is weird. C1-K2-P2-working towards P3-either C2,K3, or Kab1-Inq.