Chaplain vs Priest C3 buffs

VileSorceror
Newcomer
Server: Orsha

Chaplain vs Priest C3 buffs

Post by VileSorceror » August 18th, 2016, 4:59 pm

How much difference does it make to become Chaplain once you hit Priest C3? I was planning to become a Chaplain after hitting Priest C3 and then going for Paladin C3, but with the appearance of Inquisitor, I'm wondering if it's really worth to take it since if I do, I won't be able to get to Inquisitor C3 (assuming max rank ends up being 10 lol).

I'm mostly building myself as a tank/buffer/solo dps (in party my archer friend is ridiculous dps lol), so my stats are str:con:spr 4:2:1. Mostly going to play PVE since my friends aren't really the kind of people who like PVP, though maybe randomly for fun, so I'm not worrying about dex too much, good gloves with gems should be enough.

So would Chaplain buffs increase my DPS by a lot, and is Deploy Capella that useful? From what I've read, Deploy Capella can be tricky to use since the Capella can be destroyed or you could simply walk out of the buff area. And about Last Rites and Aspergilum, since I'm not going full spr they could end up not giving as much dps bonus as maxed out Smite/Conviction/God's Smash (Inquisitor's Smite-like skill) could do. Heck, in fact spr doesn't seem as useful in retrospective as it used to, maybe I should swap it for dex or more str/con.

I'm only lvl 60 and on Priest C2, so I haven't spent as many skill points/stat points to screw my build too much or make me want to reroll the character.

mgrobledo
Newcomer
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: Warzoo

Re: Chaplain vs Priest C3 buffs

Post by mgrobledo » August 21st, 2016, 9:08 pm

Chaplain >>>>>> Priest C3, last rites dmg is pretty welcome, and the capella makes your buffs be able to be perma (stone specially) but ASPERGILLUM DMG... each auto attack adds 1-2k (depends on each monster type) at lvl 130 with 100SPR, HUGE upgrade to dmg, which u miss without being chap.
Akatuoro
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Wugushi
Team Name: Akatuoro

Post by Akatuoro » August 22nd, 2016, 12:34 pm

Hi VileSorceror,

Chaplain with Aspergillum adds huge damage to the party, so if you want to buff then this is the way to go. Here Spr is way more important than Str.
But you also want to go Paladin it seems, then you should go Paladin c3 for Barrier. This build can continue into Inquisitor. Here Str is your stat.
~~ Akatuoro :gawi:

My TP Guide
VileSorceror
Newcomer

Post by VileSorceror » August 22nd, 2016, 7:01 pm

Thanks for the replies!

But do you think that Chaplain and Paladin go good together in a build? And does Chaplain damage scale good into late game? I am thinking to go Cleric > Priest C3 > Paladin C3 and as updates come and go see if I take or not Chaplain in my build lol. So just in case my stats are going to be from now on 2:1 str:spr, putting randomly some on dex if I need it, I have 40 con and I feel it's enough HP with plate armor bonus.

Does that sound like a good idea?
mgrobledo
Newcomer

Post by mgrobledo » August 22nd, 2016, 7:13 pm

I wouldn't recomend to put points over 20 in Dex (Monstrance is enough to do the job) just in case you set any already.

CON should always have at least 80 in it, else you will be almost 1hit killed late game.

The paladin sinergyzes RLY RLY RLY RLY bad with chaplain Auto attack basis... even with Priest is not that good over C1 Priest, consider that sacrament applies to auto attacks so smite wont get that second hit, plus it is not melee dmg so won't benefit much from any str you set.

It is a min/max matter, if you still don't worry about that, it could be working if you stop str and use SPR from now on and focus on barrier and the regen plus resistances from paladin instead of smite...

Good combos for cleric could be:

Cleric C2, Priest C2, Monk C3, whatever between inquisitor/kabalist.
Cleric C2, Priest C1, Paladin C3, Diev C2, this one here will go full Str/con/dex
Cleric C2, Diev C2, Paladin C3, Inquisitor or even C3 Diev, can avoid 1 Cleric if not interested in heal and get diev C3 and still pick inquisitor for dps.
Cleric C2, Diev C2, Priest C1, Monk C3 could work fine too as you have diev for buffs and also for another type of dmg appart from smash...
Cleric C2, Priest C3, Chap, Krivis/PDC1 -> Inquisitor/Kabalist/Krivis C2/PD C2 would also do VERY good in terms of heal/supp/solo <- My path (PD path one).

If you wanna take other choices more, jack of all trades:

Cleric --> Krivis --> Krivis --> Paladin --> Paladin --> Paladin --> Cleric --> Kabalist

Hope this helps a bit to clarify about the "common" combos out there that might work good even in end game, but keep in mind that paladins are most likely to be rejected as dps/supp/heal/tank... in comparison to other combos possible...
VileSorceror
Newcomer

Post by VileSorceror » August 24th, 2016, 8:19 pm

I'm thinking on just dumping Paladin C3 and just go for C1, Chaplain, and other classes in between. I just have a very big doubt, what's the role for Paladin? What's his purpose?

I feel he doesn't have too much of an identity, he has supporting skills like Restoration, "tank" skills like Resist Elements and Barrier, and damage like Smite and Conviction, but committing to his DPS is very lacking (isn't Monk better if you want str based dps?), there's other classes that have better supporting skills and if you really want say, Barrier, you could just buy the scroll. He just has awesome costume :sob: I miss RO Paladin :sob:

What's Paladin strong suit?
mgrobledo
Newcomer

Post by mgrobledo » August 25th, 2016, 9:07 am

There is no "role" specific to fill for Paladin... it is most likely a jack of all trades doing nothing at high rates... but that isn't bad in the game since you can get other class circles to make it have nice sinergy between them.

I go a Krivis+pala char and it does great as a beacon of regen and buffer: Aukuras + Aura regens the non neglecting 600HP each tick (at lvl 130) plus 30SP appart from lowering mobs accuracy, raising fire resistance and so on... from Aukuras + resist elements...

Also increasing everyones critical and magic amplification from zalciai is also very helpful, and the increase in buff count is a must for many parties to have.

Adding that you can also do "some moderate" damage from Smite + Zaibas (which is good to have for solo too), barrier for party protection and the SO LOVED turn undead 1hit wonder for trash packs... fastens things a lot.

If you go for a more dps oriented: C2 Cleric, C1 Priest, C3 Paladin, C2 Monk or C2 Diev will be a nice: healer, buff/resser with a bit more damage than the previous mentioned, but if you go monk you will have only smash dmg.

You don't have to look at a class alone as itself and his role, you have to think of the whole path and sinergies between classes in the path till rank 8.

:gawi:

If you wan't to keep your char and you are already C1 Cleric, C3 Priest, the best viable option would be Chaplain, but going STR/Dex/Con will make any class to either do dmg from chap autohits or from the other class melee skills which never get sacrament, last rites, aspergillum procs... which leads into FAR LESS dmg than other combinations... still if you go that way the option should be Monk or Paladin, in my opinion at least paladin will add the heal and other utility that monk won't bring into the table appart from dmg skills which as told won't proc chap/priest dmg... :sry:
Satyricon
Beginner
Guild: theRED
Timezone: Msk
Favorite Class: Plague Doctor

Post by Satyricon » September 12th, 2016, 11:01 am

Chaplain is a trash.
I sure the best way to Inquisitor is http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... feommsroi/
Nor 3 priests and nor chaplain.
Dinkuron
Beginner

Post by Dinkuron » September 12th, 2016, 7:38 pm

Chaplain is not a trash class, it become trash because people try to change the role of chaplain from support to dps. it will not work because the buff it self rely on your stat (in this case SPR and INT for blessing).

Since you maybe want to take inquisitor path with str/dex/con build, i recommend take paladin c3 because conviction will add up the God Smash Damage, i don't see monk path will help you with inquisitor skill. My self also take the str/dex/con build with take Cleric2>priest2>paladinC3>InqusitorC1.
Paladin in ToS it self was the only job that colorized as blue, which it means the role is about Def and tank, and if you see the skill it was combine about buff,defense,and Dps. other people tak diev circle 1 to shorten inqusitor breaking wheel cooldown

My build : http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 8t3bx4ym2/ (my point about this build is to more utilize for others and my self), with this build you will not become a recognize DPS maybe until inquisitor.

The reason why i take priest c2 was about sacrament,revive and mass heal (more utilize in mid game/late). the way to level up faster is Grinding and in late game is all about grinding with party members.
let's say you are in a party with 4 others members in royal moseleum worker floor 3, there is an wiz class, archer class, and swordman class but only you the cleric class, because of this your role become a more supportive even you are a paladin with str base beside secondary tank, you will responsible to heal, to buff,etc. other example: if there is no swd class as tank but there is a cleric class (which can heal), i believe you will still use heal and buff that other cleric hasn't use right? This also apply in auto party Dungeon i believe.
Satyricon
Beginner

Post by Satyricon » September 13th, 2016, 7:15 am

Dinkuron wrote:Chaplain is not a trash class...

My build : http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 8t3bx4ym2/ (my point about this build is to more utilize for others and my self), with this build you will not become a recognize DPS maybe until inquisitor.
Inquisitor without PD is a trash =)
The second priest is not as good as PD.
You may not take the Cure on priest but take the Fumigate on PD is the best choice. MassHeal lv2 and 2lv resurrection... Man,do you really play the cleric class before a lot? Even you don`t take the Restoration on Paladin. Why? It is a really good way to solve the problem with mana. At least a little bit. But nor the TurnUndead. Do you really plan the SPR paladin? Probably you don`t.
I think there are have to recognize the Inquisitor by 3Paladin is the really bad support cleric in this game. So even don`t try. The Inquisitor only can be a livable healer in party if there are 2cleric on board. Else it is a trash.
But maybe you`re right.
May I ask you a question about your experience of cleric gameplay in party?
mebwaster
Beginner
Favorite Class: Linker
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Post by mebwaster » September 15th, 2016, 12:18 am

chaplain doesn't work with paladin build (or even monk)
chaplain is just a upgraded priest that allow you to solo and do some while still being a good support

if u want to play physical style paladin
cleric2 > diev1 > paladin3 > xxx > inquisitor would be the best path
diev1 provide a physical attack skill with 3overheat
and cooldown for your skill and party member

for chaplain build
priest3 > chaplain > krivis/cleric2 > cleric2>krivis > rank8
heavy spr invest and some con
(my chaplain go full spr, it's personal preference just get con until u feel safe)

chaplain scale with spr
blessing scale with spr and this is your hugh damage source
chaplain proc 4-5 times blessing each auto attack
aspergillum also scale with aspersion damage (that scale with magic attack and spr)
you will do 2-4 times more damage compare to priest c3
Satyricon
Beginner

Post by Satyricon » September 15th, 2016, 7:50 am

I have to say the Chaplain becomes weaker after the 200+ lvl. On 240-280 lv character is only party healer and support. There are extra high HP mobs to exping. Even the truffles has over the 80k xp. And the Abbey mobs is near 150k HP. I don`t see any melee Chaplains in Abbey. Don`t you?
So I advise everyone even don`t think to take Chaplain. It is trash.
On PvP the more.
Chaplain is self-deception to have a DD support class. Chaplain doesn`t have support skills and is discarded rank. One rank of Crivis will be the better choice. Sure.
This is only one way to take The Real DD Cleric. It is full-INT 1-2-3 Druid by Crivis.
All the attemps of DamageDealer pfysical Clerics is trash. Monks, Chaplains. The Palladin is a little better because it combines with Inquisitor.
mebwaster
Beginner

Post by mebwaster » September 15th, 2016, 6:40 pm

240-280 is grind stage

cleric just being a healer in party so 80k 160k hp mod shouldn't be a problem

chaplain help priest c3 build leveling from 130to200+ where truckload of quest

priest3 without chaplain can't do shit while solo questing

chaplain always worth a circle rather than wasting a time

just add krivis1 and cleric2 into priest-chaplain build at rank 6/7

and u said only dd cleric was a full int krivis-druid

that a real jokes

krivis-druid can't solo alemeth they still fit healer role in grinding party same as other cleric

cure zaibas carnivory is a shit mobbing skill it's just a merely bossing skill

only pd's incineration and diev's owl can do this job ()

dievdirby is a king of a clerics and plague doctor is a queen of clerics

enuff said

elemememememe is an only real dps in griding party
and chronomancer is an only real support that make elemememmememe can use more frost cloud
cleric is just a filler healer in grinding party
Satyricon
Beginner

Post by Satyricon » September 16th, 2016, 7:06 am

mebwaster wrote:
240-280 is grind stage

cleric just being a healer in party so 80k 160k hp mod shouldn't be a problem

chaplain help priest c3 build leveling from 130to200+ where truckload of quest

priest3 without chaplain can't do shit while solo questing

chaplain always worth a circle rather than wasting a time

just add krivis1 and cleric2 into priest-chaplain build at rank 6/7

and u said only dd cleric was a full int krivis-druid

that a real jokes

krivis-druid can't solo alemeth they still fit healer role in grinding party same as other cleric

cure zaibas carnivory is a shit mobbing skill it's just a merely bossing skill

only pd's incineration and diev's owl can do this job ()

dievdirby is a king of a clerics and plague doctor is a queen of clerics

enuff said

elemememememe is an only real dps in griding party
and chronomancer is an only real support that make elemememmememe can use more frost cloud
cleric is just a filler healer in grinding party
Are you serious?
You propose to throw out a rank to make it easier to LV? Maybe you have made so on Teslai. IDN. But we have assumed that character to do without the garbage on Fedimian. And the Chaplain is the garbage one.
I don`t see any problem to quest to 200lv. Maybe in because of I have guild?
Do you thought about your role in GvG and EarthTower? Is there Chaplain helpfull?
I don`t think so.
The only druid enters at 1-5 on the RB. Nor the incin-PD and nor the Divdirbis.
While it may be on Teslai. IDN.
mebwaster
Beginner

Post by mebwaster » September 18th, 2016, 2:05 pm

not every char made for earth tower or gvg

i got my cryo3chrono3 and diev3druid2 that could go et

20char slot

so many slot open for any build what they want (include 4-5 pets)

so are you going to told alchemist is garbage priest3pardoner is garbage cata is garbage

because they aren't made for et or gvg?

priest build or chaplain have their roles

and rank8 are going to release soon, et going to easier as it isn't an end game content anymore
Megiddo_Yggdra
Newcomer
Team Name: Megiddo

Post by Megiddo_Yggdra » September 19th, 2016, 4:40 am

Hi

I have a lv 270 priest chaplain and based on my experience here is:
- do not make this character as a DPS.. even if you are full SPR. You suck so badly with holding z for hours and hours and even krivis or druid int could do better than that
- this chaplain will shine if you have lots of auto attack rely class(ex. QS 3 with running shot)
- Resurrection and revive from priest saves your teammates..a LOT
if you're talking about priest, they are meant to be support and boosting damage
if you're talking about chaplain, they are meant to be semi dps(Magnus exorcism, aspergillum) and semi support(last rites and build capella)

they aren't completely garbage.

please note that my statement above might will change with appearance of yet to be revealed classes. so don't lock yourself for endgame as ET, PvP or GvG only. you will shine somewhere else but not on some.

and to OP, you can listen to the people here. Paladin and chaplain are not good each other.
Satyricon
Beginner

Post by Satyricon » September 19th, 2016, 7:29 am

mebwaster wrote:not every char made for earth tower or gvg
so are you going to told alchemist is garbage priest3pardoner is garbage cata is garbage
and rank8 are going to release soon, et going to easier as it isn't an end game content anymore
What for Chaplain was made for? It is the 4-th rank of Priest. The Chaplain has to be a ultimate support. But it has not. It is misunderstanding.
Alchemist, Pardoner and many another cleric classes such as even Bokor can be cool. There are quite understanding their role. But not Chaplain.
We are talking about the support class. His role is obvious.
What is there to argue?
My character is 275 Cleric-3Priest-Chaplain-Cleric-PD. Now I am sure that Chaplain was my wrong choice. I always go to ET, PvP, both of Saalus, different dungeons and grind. Chaplain is a real thash. Hardly useful there are only Chapella on the rank. But the Chapella is a trash to. In because of it swallows damage like a sperm. It has advantages, but the disadvantages outweigh.
So I don't suggest Chaplain.
Megiddo_Yggdra
Newcomer
Team Name: Megiddo

Post by Megiddo_Yggdra » September 19th, 2016, 8:55 am

Satyricon wrote:
mebwaster wrote:not every char made for earth tower or gvg
What for Chaplain was made for? It is the 4-th rank of Priest. The Chaplain has to be a ultimate support. But it has not. It is misunderstanding.
Alchemist, Pardoner and many another cleric classes such as even Bokor can be cool. There are quite understanding their role. But not Chaplain.
We are talking about the support class. His role is obvious.
What is there to argue?
My character is 275 Cleric-3Priest-Chaplain-Cleric-PD. Now I am sure that Chaplain was my wrong choice. I always go to ET, PvP, both of Saalus, different dungeons and grind. Chaplain is a real thash. Hardly useful there are only Chapella on the rank. But the Chapella is a trash to. In because of it swallows damage like a sperm. It has advantages, but the disadvantages outweigh.
So I don't suggest Chaplain.
I can agree this to most of this point actually and my thoughts are same that I did regret making chaplain sometimes. Altough I have to say they aren't trash just plain bad.

- Aspergillum damage falls off at 200++
- Last rites, Like I said, this class shine the best when you have auto attack relied class like QS3. Otherwise, there are lot of better buffs there. (Hey quicken, you can do better)
- deploy capella, I hardly ever use this... not many people know how it works and it eats 5 buff slots instantly
- magnus exorcimus, need to cast exorcism tile first but disappeears if monsters step on it. This should become better on kTos though.

You want support build? get any class with support skills other than this.
you want damage build? get any class with damage better than this.
mebwaster
Beginner

Post by mebwaster » September 19th, 2016, 10:51 pm

You want support build? get any class with support skills other than this.
you want damage build? get any class with damage better than this.

this is not always true
priest3 have different playstyle compare to other support
what i need is 500+blessing, 1000+ stone skin and max revive
max revive is life insurance that support my reckless play and brainless play
and no other class would match my spr priest more than chaplain
someone said sacrament+cafrisun+blessing is enuff to carry priest3
and i found it isn't true coz 170+ mob are stronger than 50-100
and many range mob can one shot cafrisun user so i need to switch to plate set and attack line drop to2
chaplain circle buff that 2 into 4 that double amount of hit

which rank5 class help my priest3 can solo quest better
krivis? no cleric2? no pardoner? no.... or monk c1 that even worse than chaplain

buff slot isn't a problem since i'm going to pick krivis after chaplain circle anyway (and cleric2 after that)

i have other support char like a linker,cryo-chrono,diev,(never try thaumaturge)
none of them play like a priest

q&a
why not grind from rank5 till rank5 or just look for party
first no one here unless u play with friend or very lucky, second it's slower than questing, third i wouldn't waste time grinding 2-4m exp/hours spot
rather than use exp card and grind 10m exp/hours spot later

why no plague doctor
ofc plague doctor is very good class
but i would never pick plague doctor on any spr cleric
i have seen many popular cleric2priest3krivis build doing plague doctor advancement quest.....

so chaplain always have it's point
just think before pick a class
if u understand outcome u won't regret
if u don't u will regret
Satyricon
Beginner

Post by Satyricon » September 20th, 2016, 7:11 am

mebwaster wrote:...
so chaplain always have it's point
Of course, if the person knows what he wants, the chaplain can be. For example, it turned out that last rights really get useful into ET.
But here it is about the fact that beginners often misunderstand the role of the chaplain in the build.
So should they warn.