Chaplain vs Priest C3 buffs

Megiddo_Yggdra
Newcomer
Team Name: Megiddo

Re: Chaplain vs Priest C3 buffs

Post by Megiddo_Yggdra » September 21st, 2016, 2:46 am

I 'll take back what I said on my retarded post before

Looking back, my chaplain does help me to do solo farming and deals great damage with demon type monsters so much :lv:
yes, this class relies on auto attack which you obviously can't compare with skill spammer but with proper equipment, they are actually pretty good :meh:
Of course, if the person knows what he wants, the chaplain can be. For example, it turned out that last rights really get useful into ET.
But here it is about the fact that beginners often misunderstand the role of the chaplain in the build.
So should they warn.
Can I get more info about this? I did heard that the monster there can block. But chaplain has attribute to increase block penetration so I think this could be helpful
mebwaster
Beginner
Favorite Class: Linker
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Post by mebwaster » September 21st, 2016, 5:30 am

chaplain already have high block pene (spr give block pene)

so block wouldn't be issue
Megiddo_Yggdra
Newcomer
Team Name: Megiddo

Post by Megiddo_Yggdra » September 21st, 2016, 5:36 am

wait wait no.. Didn't now STR gives you block penetration not SPR?

and I'm talking about the attribute last rites:motivation
http://www.tosbase.com/database/attributes/414006/

Edit: okay so I read this attribute is bugged. what a bummer.. will try to confirm if this is right when I have time
Satyricon
Beginner
Guild: theRED
Timezone: Msk
Favorite Class: Plague Doctor
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Satyricon » September 21st, 2016, 9:38 am

Megiddo_Yggdra wrote: Can I get more info about this? I did heard that the monster there can block. But chaplain has attribute to increase block penetration so I think this could be helpful
After patch STR gives high block penetration instead of SPR. No one takes STR on 3 priests und chaplain.
From tosbase:
~Increases the block penetration on the attack that hits an enemy by 15% per attribute level while [Last Rites] and [Revive] are in effect.
15%x4 = 60%
+60%... My PD has 247 blockPenetration. But my block is 1222 with the StoneSkin activ. Enemy Chaplain hardly strikes my block even with attribute.
Benefit of LastRites there are only because of additional attack. With the Sacrament it is three attacks on totem and helps to destroy it a little bit faster by 1 damade.
Zanakya
Newcomer

Post by Zanakya » September 21st, 2016, 10:00 am

@Mebwaster

Hello Mebwaster, I was reading your comment about chaplain and came across an interesting build, so after Chaplain (rank 5), you are planning to take Krivis1 (rank 6) and then Cleric2 (rank 7)? so in your opinion Krivis1 is better than Plague Doctor1?

Can you please give me your insight of this matter, what is the pros and cons of picking Krivis1 instead Plague Doctor1 ? is this build viable for high level content (200+ pve, party, etc)? And what about rank 8?

I'm Chaplain still at level 157, and decision for rank 6 & 7 still confuse me, thank you.
mebwaster
Beginner

Post by mebwaster » September 21st, 2016, 7:04 pm

krivis1 give you daino and zalciai
daino is must bcoz priest/chaplain buff eat a lot of buff slot
your buff will hurt party member more than being useful without daino
zalciai scaling well with spr
this skill boost party critical attack and critical rate(by reduce monster Critical Resistance)
and chaplain usually have 200-300 spr when krivis circle online
check this skill : http://www.tosbase.com/database/skills/40102/

ofc both daino and zalciai can use from scroll
daino lv5 cost 3500-4000 each scroll
unless u want to spend 3500-4000silver every 3min

plague doctor is a very strong class
Incineration do a lot of damage even at 0 int
every skill is useful healing factor is good
but i just found it doesn't important for this build
Bloodletting is strong but ppl already have dispeller
if u want to use it in arena u could switch chaplain out for plague doctor
and most anoyning point is plague doctor advancement quest
spr chaplain have high status ailments resist that made pd quest very harddddddd

a lot of cleric pick plague doctor into their rank7
incineration doesn't stack
u doesn't need more than 1 plague doctor outside arena

it's your choice to choose
nothing wrong
krivis just fit my spr chaplain more than plague doctor
and i also doesn't sacrifice my cleric2 for plague doctor
divine might boost my blessing and 5->11 heal tiles, 10->42 hits safety zone and fade are too good to skip

both spr and str give u block pene
spr still provide block pene as always and str got buff
i'm not sure how it calculate

str460 archer have 591 block pene
spr216 chaplain have 300+ block pene
while int373 diev have only 143 block pene

edit
i'm not sure did +45% block auto active or what
but when i try using revive and last rites
my block pene isn't change
Zanakya
Newcomer

Post by Zanakya » September 22nd, 2016, 6:18 am

@Mebwaster

Thank you very much for your respond and very detail explanation, yes I also agree with Cleric2 is indispensable for this build, and I already became a Chaplain therefore I cant throw it away for Plague Doctor's slot, at this point my only option is Krivis1 or Plague Doctor1

By the way, with the Chaplain-Krivis1-Cleric2 build, what is your plan for rank 8?

Thank you once again :no1:
Satyricon
Beginner

Post by Satyricon » September 22nd, 2016, 7:57 am

mebwaster wrote: incineration doesn't stack
What does it mean? Damage increases, duration increases.Not as good as I would like but however.
mebwaster wrote: i'm not sure did +45% block auto active or what
but when i try using revive and last rites
my block pene isn't change
+60%... 4x15%
And I don`t see this +60% of block penetration too. May be bug.
I have to say an alternative opinion about daino. As practice shows, in most cases, all priest buffs are not necessary. So in most cases party can grind without daino.
mebwaster
Beginner

Post by mebwaster » September 23rd, 2016, 9:58 am

ops bad math

i'm not decide what rank8 too choose yet

maybe Inquisitor

i'm not sure how Breaking Wheel work

this class have none spr synergy i still need more info about this class

maybe oracle as filler or pardoner1 for magic defense

i'm usually party with chronolink and qs3

that why i take krivis

wiz and archer class have lower buff slot than cleric

zalciai will get nerf next patch but it still good spr skill
Satyricon
Beginner

Post by Satyricon » September 26th, 2016, 7:22 am

mebwaster wrote: i'm not decide what rank8 too choose yet
maybe Inquisitor
Inquisitor is STR based class. 3 of 4 skills works from STR. Tosbase writes that Wheel is physic attak. There are good chanell on youtube where are the Inquisitor skills shown. VonFreya chanell. Only Maleficarum is magic attak.
In any case Inquisitor is debatable choice for full support char.
I suspect the Inquisitor wiil be a trash. But the suit is cool.
mgrobledo
Newcomer
Team Name: Warzoo

Post by mgrobledo » January 30th, 2017, 6:42 pm

I will go as MIKO, but first i need an oracle C3 to change gender, do quest and transgender again xD to the male version once you got the quest complete.

So:

Cleric C1 -> Priest C1 -> Priest C2 -> Priest C3 -> Chap -> Cleric C2 -> Krivis C1 -> Miko

Think that miko gohei is a very nice support+dmg and also some more tile dmg from arrow plus duration on installments and level for heal, cures, zaibas from krivis, zalciai... seems like a solid choice since all others i found are not as good "single circle class options" considering inquisitor goes for str stuff, taoist is very expensive to play (according to infor read from Ktos players) without that much of a dmg/supp for that high cost and that other options at c1 look not so good and c3 cleric is not that good either.
mebwaster
Beginner

Post by mebwaster » February 7th, 2017, 4:40 am

i still suggest inquisitor as rank8

inquisitor work fine in full support build, magical build, hybrid build, and physical build (heavy dex now)

miko is great but damage isn't good as rank8 skill

u need a lot of magic damage to make hamaya viable

miko also not synergy with your build

i prefer miko as rank6 in diev3 build, inquisitor as rank8 in any build
van00
Newcomer
Team Name: Valhalla17

Post by van00 » February 7th, 2017, 9:40 am

well im going for spr chaplain so i can raise pardoner blessing since the fucking spell shop from other offer a scam blessing claim...
this is my build
cleric : heal5, cure2, deprotective zone 3
priest :blessing 15, aspersion 15, revive 8, mass heal 1, stone skin 5, exorcise 1
chaplain: aspergillium 5, last rite 5, magnus 5
pardoner: +magicDef 5, simony 1, indulgentia 5, extra 4

regret thought:
1.i shud had take some resurrect to give knockback for exorcise>magnus preparation and to increase the duration of revive buff due attribute
2.i have no usefull skill for simony...

reasons for the build:
1. im going for support build since i heard oracle counter spell is kinda hassle so im going for +magicDef which is spr based skill like stoneskin
2. aiming for 500 blessing damage to be sold due to untrustable spellshop banner "FULL SPR BLESSING"="full bullshit" all i get is 186 blessing damage
3. im not taking the sacrament since it waste my skills, since i can just buy it from other spell shop which is far more usefull due to its duration buff
4. im aiming to be reduce-damage support buff type
5. no cappela, yes retard skill which remove sacrament for spell shop buff and expensive to boot to cast it(1000 silver per uses)
6. exorcise+magnus is the only high aoe damage per sec i got for spr build since blessing work for all type of damage and i have no intention to belittle it since i dont raise int that syntergies with other magic based damage spell
7. i have no intention to go gvg with this build since im aiming it to support my other class... expecting others to make blessing 500+???its all bullshit
8. i have no reason to go far from this after i get 500+ damage from blessing since spr pardoner is kinda hard to raise unless u go chaplain since the damage from priest to chaplain is holy(pure damage) and spr based increased buff skill... going straight to pardoner while not taking chaplain proved to be difficult since i know that if i didnt take chaplain and go straight to pardoner im going to be doom with no damage to deal to mob due spr build
something i notice... wat if someone aim for cleric2, pardoner2??? i try the cure scroll and it has different cd than cure cd...and it damage is based on the user stat not the scroll maker stat... so i want to say is... does double cure damage good for damage per second for non flying mob???
van00
Newcomer
Team Name: Valhalla17

Post by van00 » February 7th, 2017, 9:48 am

i watch or maybe read somewhere long ago that inquisitor have skill that splash aspergillium...go check it out
rynal
Newcomer
Team Name: Ougun

Post by rynal » February 8th, 2017, 6:17 am

Inquisitor for rank 8

Malleus has a debuff that adds the target's magic atk to each damage it takes(not included in skill description)..
that's around 1k-2k+ dmg added on rank 8 monsters for each thick of your normal and extra atk line

Breaking wheel also spreads all your AA including aspergillium

rank 7 is generally filler.. pardoner, krivis, Pd, miko can all work
mebwaster
Beginner

Post by mebwaster » February 10th, 2017, 2:09 pm

van00 wrote:well im going for spr chaplain so i can raise pardoner blessing since the fucking spell shop from other offer a scam blessing claim...
this is my build
cleric : heal5, cure2, deprotective zone 3
priest :blessing 15, aspersion 15, revive 8, mass heal 1, stone skin 5, exorcise 1
chaplain: aspergillium 5, last rite 5, magnus 5
pardoner: +magicDef 5, simony 1, indulgentia 5, extra 4

regret thought:
1.i shud had take some resurrect to give knockback for exorcise>magnus preparation and to increase the duration of revive buff due attribute
2.i have no usefull skill for simony...

reasons for the build:
1. im going for support build since i heard oracle counter spell is kinda hassle so im going for +magicDef which is spr based skill like stoneskin
2. aiming for 500 blessing damage to be sold due to untrustable spellshop banner "FULL SPR BLESSING"="full bullshit" all i get is 186 blessing damage
3. im not taking the sacrament since it waste my skills, since i can just buy it from other spell shop which is far more usefull due to its duration buff
4. im aiming to be reduce-damage support buff type
5. no cappela, yes retard skill which remove sacrament for spell shop buff and expensive to boot to cast it(1000 silver per uses)
6. exorcise+magnus is the only high aoe damage per sec i got for spr build since blessing work for all type of damage and i have no intention to belittle it since i dont raise int that syntergies with other magic based damage spell
7. i have no intention to go gvg with this build since im aiming it to support my other class... expecting others to make blessing 500+???its all bullshit
8. i have no reason to go far from this after i get 500+ damage from blessing since spr pardoner is kinda hard to raise unless u go chaplain since the damage from priest to chaplain is holy(pure damage) and spr based increased buff skill... going straight to pardoner while not taking chaplain proved to be difficult since i know that if i didnt take chaplain and go straight to pardoner im going to be doom with no damage to deal to mob due spr build
something i notice... wat if someone aim for cleric2, pardoner2??? i try the cure scroll and it has different cd than cure cd...and it damage is based on the user stat not the scroll maker stat... so i want to say is... does double cure damage good for damage per second for non flying mob???

get resur atleast at lv2 to unlock revive duration attribute
lv5 for fast cast if u want, but i'm not so i just go with lv2
every ppl shud have 20+ soul crystal in stock by just getting it from free tp

sacrament lv1 for attribute, mostly use pardoner shop
Exorcise + Magnus is good skill but it eat a lot of your skill point, great in int priest, ok in spr, i skipped it as spr priest
i have 2 full priest
1 is priest3pardon2 stop leveling at 178, using as ventor only and another chaplain
capella is good as emergency skill
place it in somewhere in corner let ppl use it when need