Newcomer
Favorite Class: Cleric
Team Name: Yeoshine

Is this a viable build for support?

Post by ghia.hardanto » June 14th, 2016, 1:58 pm

Hello, I have been thinking of making my build something like this :
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... ome8cfbva/

Cleric 2 > Priest 2 > Krivis 1 > Dieverbys 2

My main is a full supportive, 24/7 healer (C2> P2 currently) with an SW2 > Hop going Dragoon and an A3 > R3 going Fletcher team. So i wont be dishing out any damage anytime soon. Would this be a viable build for PVE and maybe some end game ET? I am not going into PVP with my main.

Reasons :
C2 and P2 for the healing and additional buffs.
I heard P3 is a bit too much for just PVE content so I decided to go with Diev 2 later.
Krivis is for the daino (which we need so much), aukuras (not sure how to utilize it properly) and maybe debuff bosses with zalcai.
Diev is intended for the -SP consumption that my R3 friend needs badly, and the extra -20% CDR looks promising. Warping statue is a bonus :D
Im not sure how the carve owl would be utilized as I have never seen it in action, with the exception of the video in the skill calculator.

Any thoughts? Maybe I can brainstorm with more inputs and information.
Thanks and Best regards,
Yeoshine
TOS Gemscool - Server Zemyna
Yeoshine
Lv. 114 :ok:
Cleric 2 > Priest 2
Dream Build : Cleric 2 > Priest 3 > Undecided :heh:
Zhon
Apprentice
Guild: Cafezinho das 6
Timezone: GMT-3
Favorite Class: Falconer
Team Name: Zhonie

Re: Is this a viable build for support?

Post by Zhon » June 14th, 2016, 3:35 pm

It's very similar to the one I planned for myself (for a far future), with the difference being the order of job picking.

I do believe it's very solid for support, as you got a bunch of useful buffs and protective spells. Priest c3 Hard Skin is valuable for whoever tanks, but we can't have everything, can we. :heh:

Carve Owl is my favorite skill on Dievs. Works as a shield similarly to pavises from quarrel shooters, blocking damage incoming at you if it stays between you and the damage source - but don't have the pseudo taunt effect. Add to this the green "whiff" that deals aoe dmg in front of it and then it turns out as a reliable source of dmg. Getting it only on rank 7 won't give you much impact, as you'll be ~lvl 22x when reaching the lvl 1 of the rank - but will help anyway.

As for the end game content, I can't give much advice as I'm not there yet. But, unless Healing Factor or Ein Sof are mandatory for ET, I hope it will be completely viable.
"Quanto menos se pensa, mais se fala."
- moins on pense, plus on parle
- Œuvres complètes‎ - p. 247, Charles de Secondat Montesquieu - 1823
guilherme.savian
Newcomer

Post by guilherme.savian » June 15th, 2016, 12:12 am

I'm currently C2 Cleric and C3 Diev. Looking at your build and your goals, and having some good experience with Dievdirbys myself, I will give you my opinions. Zemyna Statue (the one that gives SP to party) is pretty shitty. The Laima statue (20% cd) is great and also Carve Owl (good damage, but estationary and hard to use in boss fights since they'll knock it away, and you won't be able to max it) but that's about it, that's all the benefits you're getting with Dievs C2. I would suggest you go for PRIEST C3, get them buffs at max, or go for ORACLE at rank 5 (nice buffs to your teammates they will love you),you can get your KRIVIS at any rank and PLAGUE DOCTOR at rank 7 which is pretty awesome for any build (combo with Krivis).

That is just some thoughts, i hope more people give you more insights, but as a fellow Dievdirby main I don't recommend going for it looking at your build and knowing you won't reach C3.

Good luck mate, keep us noticed
Chlorobule
Newcomer
Timezone: UTC+2
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: WhiteSheep

Post by Chlorobule » June 18th, 2016, 6:55 pm

Hi~

If you're thinking of going Dievdirbys mainly for the SP statue, I think you shouldn't. This statue isn't that great at all (although it does help a little bit).
A C3 Dievdirbys is a nice touch to ET, especially if you have Priest 2, but because of the -20% cd statue, Owl, Carve Tree and Ausrine. Zemyna (SP) really isn't great.
If you want to help with SP, most Archers/DPS I know want Kabbalist friends for the Ein Sof's SP attribute.

Now, if the SP statue was just a "nice bonus" and you just like the idea of being a Dievdirbys, I think it's a good build if you go Dievdirbys 3. Diev 2 is good, Krivis is good, but I think you'd miss out on good Diev potential if you didn't go C3.

No matter what I actually advise you to give up on Krivis. Because at circle 1, 3 out of Krivis' 4 skills can be scrolled. I have a main support (C2 P3 O1) with no Krivis, and I don't need it. Because I can just buy the scrolls from the AH. And those scrolls aren't expensive at all, the sellers barely make a profit with the Auction House's fees (they make no profit if they have no Token, they actually lose money).
So to me Krivis isn't worth taking if you only plan on keeping it at circle 1, it's better to buy the scrolls.
Aquaくろ
Apprentice
Timezone: +8
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Post by Aquaくろ » June 18th, 2016, 9:40 pm

I will recommend dropping Krivis and Dievderby and picking Oracle + Plague Doctor instead. OR Druid 2.

Priest 3 for Stone Block, which gives a buff that allows you to block without having any block gears/equipment, a Shield. Useful for your Dragoon/Fletcher teammate who would probably use Two Handed Bow/Spear instead of One Handed weapons.

IF going Krivis for Daino only, i would actually recommend not to, instead buy them at the market or from other player who picks Krivis specifically to scroll Daino and sell it, they probably have it at higher than level 5.

Diev 2 could probably work, if you have MAXed out Laima. Zemyna is rather useless honestly, i consider it useful for aggro control with Fade, since monsters target summons.

I suggested Oracle for the SP buff, Counter Spell, and Forecast. Plague Doctor is for Healing Factor and immunity/cure to ailments. You can also Incinerate targets debuffed by your Dragoon/Fletcher members.
Druid 2 is primarily for Sterea Trofh.

As a side note, you could probably kick Krivis and get the full Circle of Dievderby for maximum benefit. Ausrine invincibility is to die for, well, you wont die during the buff though.
You wont be able to have max invincibility without Sterea Trofh tho, which is a minus. Sterea + Ausrine + Safety could probably be a great invincibility combo otherwise.

Just my 2 cents
NegiMiso
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Paladin
Team Name: NegiMisoRamen

Post by NegiMiso » June 18th, 2016, 11:16 pm

Having Krivis at Rank 5 feels a bit off. I mean, Krivis C1 is a rank 2 job. Probably best selecting Priest C3 at rank 5.
At rank 6 and rank 7, either select Oracle or Plague Doctor. Druid only has 1 support/defense skill, Sterea Trofh, at C2.
------------------------------------------------
Paladin Support Build
------------------------------------------------
ghia.hardanto
Newcomer
Favorite Class: Cleric
Team Name: Yeoshine

Post by ghia.hardanto » June 19th, 2016, 7:37 pm

Hello, Thank you all for your replies. It helps me alot in deciding which class Im picking for my rank 5. Sorry for the late reply as I have been busy working, and also leveling to get my rank 5.

Anyways since that day, I have made my mind to go for Priest 3 as a rank 5 and dropped Krivis, Diev altogether. Thus, changing my previous "build" to this one.
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 3zy0s1oc0/
Changes :
1. Decreased DZ lv to 0, SW lv to 5. Increased Cure lv to 9. Reason : DZ is hard to utilize on mobs and bosses with mobility/teleporting skills. Decreased SW lv to 5, because at lv 10 and max attribute, SW didnt utilize its full potential hits, and always disappears on duration. Cure increase for the extra group DPS (although having the same issue as DZ).
2. Decreased Aspersion to 0, Monstrace to 0, Blessing and Sacrament to Max, Revive 5, Mass Heal 8, Stone Skin 5. Reason : Aspersion vs Stone Skin, I would prefer nullifying phys. attack than just reducing them. Monstrace has the same issues as DZ. Blessing and Sacrament to Max for extra group DPS, higher DPS, faster instance clearance, especially since 3 of us are phys. attack users. Revive at 5 is enough for PVE content, 25% heal and 5s Invincibilty, also Revive usage is only good as an emergency button so I may reduce it to 3 instead and put extra points on Mass Heal. Mass Heal 8 for the extra healing skills, would increase it to 10 from revive points.

Any thoughts or suggestions till rank 5? I would love to hear feedbacks from you guys.
Now, For rank 6 and 7, Im currently looking for some additional utility such as :
1. Additional Heal Output
2. Mag. Def and/or Mag. Reduction Buffs
3. Better Cure/Anti-Ailments
4. Additional DPS skills for extra group DPS.

With that in mind, I currently have 2 builds Im leaning towards :

C2>P3>Pala2
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 52ittpp72/
Smite 5, Restoration 10, Resist Element 10. Reasons : Restoration 10 gives extra healing output on heal tiles. Resist Element 10 gives reduced damage from magical attacks?. Smite 5 for additional DPS. 5 Points saved for later update (rank 8 for Paladin 3).

C2>P3>Pard2 (Ignore skill simulator title typo)
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... hrqm8x23w/
Simony 5, Indulgentia 1, Discerning Evil 9, Increase Mag. Def 10, Spell Shop 5. Reason : Simony 5 for lv 5 Stone Skin/Revive scrolls? (possible?). Indulgentia for Better cure utility. Discerning Evil 9 for the increased debuff on Bosses, and questing PVE mobs, since the maximum target is 5?. Inc. Mag. Def 10 for reducing incoming magical attacks (esp. with SPR builds?). Spell Shop 5 for selling Maxed out Blessing and Sacrament.?

Thoughts?

Also I would like to ask some (actually alot) questions from your suggested builds.
Chlorobule wrote: If you want to help with SP, most Archers/DPS I know want Kabbalist friends for the Ein Sof's SP attribute.

I have a main support (C2 P3 O1) with no Krivis, and I don't need it.
Aquaくろ wrote:I will recommend dropping Krivis and Dievderby and picking Oracle + Plague Doctor instead. OR Druid 2.

I suggested Oracle for the SP buff, Counter Spell, and Forecast. Plague Doctor is for Healing Factor and immunity/cure to ailments. You can also Incinerate targets debuffed by your Dragoon/Fletcher members.
Druid 2 is primarily for Sterea Trofh.

You wont be able to have max invincibility without Sterea Trofh tho, which is a minus. Sterea + Ausrine + Safety could probably be a great invincibility combo otherwise.
Oracle :
- Arcane Energy seems like a decent skill. However theoretically, wouldnt inc. Max SP provide only an extra few skills? I dont think It would be a better choice for increasing SP/Damage ratio. Or am I missing something.
- Change, Clairvoyance and Resetting seems like a gimmicky skill. How would this be utilized in PVE content? Any good tips/tricks to use these skill?
- Counter Spell looks promising, however the video in tosbase only shows the skill works on grounded spells (magic circle). Or does this skill nullify direct magical spells/targeted spells?
- How useful is Forecast? Doesnt mobs or bosses already have a telegraph when they are about to launch a skill? Then how would this be utilized?
- Propechy also looks promising. I have read somewhere in the tosbase forums regarding status ailment ranks. What I want to ask is whether rank 1 anti/cure ailment skills are enough for PVE content? If so then the value (my value) of this skill would be a just a bit higher than Pardoners Indulgentia.
- Would Oracle 1's skills/skill lv be enough for PVE content? is Oracle 2 an overkill to get? If not maybe some information on its purpose or playstyle?

Kabbalist :
- Revenge Sevenfold skill looks more oriented to PVP. Since it only returns 1 hit?
- Ein Sof buff is pretty awesome, but it seems the buff can only be received by 1 target only? Any clarifications? Or can it be given to multiple people at a time? How does Ein Sof SP attribute work exactly?
- Merkabah seems like a decent DPS skill for increasing our group DPS output. Anyone have info how useful it is on near end-end game content?
- The level skill also seems a bit gimmicky. How would it be utilized on mobs? Is it useful for single target like Bosses? Is the game mechanic similar to Ragnarok Online, where lv also increases atk/def against lower/higher targets? If so it would be an awesome skill to have.

Plague Doctor :
- Healing Factor skill is amazing. I like how it is designed. My question is does this skill only apply on 1 target? or can it be received by multiple people at a time?
- Incineration seems like a decent DPS skill. Does the skill only work after a target has been debuffed? or can it be used, and debuff a target without a debuff prior to the skill being applied?
- Blood Letting, Fumigate and Beak Mask. I think they are self explanatory. Do you think getting rank 3 anti/cure ailment skills are worth it in PVE content? What debuffs do you think its used on? (Im trying to compare it to the pardoners, cleric and oracle skills which have a lower rank anti/cure)
- Pandemic sounds awesome for debuffing mobs when grinding or doing instance. Is there a limit to how many mobs they can affect?

Druid :
I have read the skills and I havent gotten the feel to the class yet. Maybe If you dont mind giving me some insight to how this class is utilized/played, it would help me alot in understanding the class. Please dont burden yourself If you do not wish to. :heh:

And lastly, How would Chaplain sound on this build?
Currently I am thinking that It would be a waste of class rank, from reading the skill descriptions.
- Last Rite uses the current level of sacrament. Does that mean the damage buff is the same? or is the description lacking? Any info?
- Capella also seems gimmicky, giving the current casters active buff to others seems overkill, as I can just rebuff using Priest skills. Or is there something Im missing here? Other than saving buff items?
- Aspergillum. Any info what this skill actually does?

Phew, that was a lot of typing. Again I am really grateful for the replies and suggestions you guys have been giving out.
Thank you for all the current help, and also for the future help you guys and new people will fill in.

Best regards,
Ghia Hardanto
TOS Gemscool - Server Zemyna
Yeoshine
Lv. 114 :ok:
Cleric 2 > Priest 2
Dream Build : Cleric 2 > Priest 3 > Undecided :heh:
Aquaくろ
Apprentice
Timezone: +8

Post by Aquaくろ » June 19th, 2016, 11:50 pm

First of all, your aim is to be a Healer and a Support.
You get decent amount of heals from LVL 11 Heal Tiles, and Priest Heal skill. That is good enough for most heals. Having Healing Factor is an extra.

Oracle-
-as far as i know, Counter Spell works on most spell casted, ie Diev statues, Elementalist Rain, Heal tiles, Krivis Zaibas, Cryomancer Ice Tree, Sapper traps (probably) and a bunch of other spells. Can probably assume it works on Area Spells. As a side note, it may or may not also affect other players spells (not confirmed, could probably work), but since your team have no area spells so i dont see it being a problem. Might nullify other peoples spell tho, during world boss fights.
-change, clairvoyance and reset is useful if you are trying to get a particular drop.
-Arcane buffs Stamina and SP for a decent amount of time, so kinda a good boost for any class that really needs that SP.

Kabbalist
- Revenged Sevenfold returns any damage taken x7 to the dealer, but you would need to get damaged first, which is not a good option for a support, but great for your tank only if you mantain heals as the damage was taken so they dont die.
- Merkabah is silly, sorta, since it only travels in one direction and takes time to cast. You can jump on the wheels and ride along.
- Ein Sof attribute helps with SP regen, probably better than Oracle. Single, similar to Healing Factor.
- the other 3 skills are useless for now, works on everything including bosses (par resist chance). Might have some uses later ranks but for now the duration is too low.

Plague Doc
- Healing Factor only works for single target. If you placed the tile and someone walks over it then they get the buff.
- Incinerate burns any target in front of you that have a debuff/ailment applied. I think there is some AoE ratio for it but not really sure. I suggested PD since you have a Fletcher teammate, who have more than one debuff to apply (Bleed, Def Reduction, Burn, Shock, Silence).
- PD have the highest status ailment cure/immune skill compared to other Cleric classes. Granted not many can cast Rank 2 and 3 status ailments, and most ailments are Rank 1. But PD can use Bloodletting to make you immune to them for some time, so you wont have to wait for Cure cooldown to remove those ailments, especially Death Sentence. tho, prophecy could probably also do the same thing.
- Pandemic ratio is in the skill description.

Chaplain
- Could work, and possible. But honestly you said you planned for a support / healer character, not a buffer / dps.
- In case of picking Chaplain, you would need decent amount of levels in Aspersion, thus dropping a bunch from Blessing, or whichever other skill you choose.
- Capella works in a circular range, as long as you enter the range you wil get all Priest buffs. The duration of the buff depend on skill level. You can reset the buff by leaving and entering the circle. Overwrites previous buffs.
- Aspergilium and Last Rites buffs attack and auto attack respectively similar to how Sacrament works.
- Also, im bad at explaining so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJua6rbk2M

Druid
- Consider Carnivory as the upgrade to Cure.
- Telepath enables you to control an enemy, thus can walk them into traps or spells. Movement similar to Sadhu spirit body, that is you cant move while controlling the target.
- Shape shift and Transform is pretty self explanatory. The name explains the skill. You change form and can use all the skills available to the monster, and cant use your own spell in the duration. Similar to the quest in Tenet Church/Chapel where you transform into a monster(the white horned thing).
- Sterea Trofh creates a zone where you are invincible for a duration, depending on skill level. Works similar to Ausrine more than Safety, but only in the zone.
Chlorobule
Newcomer
Timezone: UTC+2
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: WhiteSheep

Post by Chlorobule » July 9th, 2016, 12:23 am

Wow, I'm totally sorry for the incredibly late reply ><
Aqua Kuro said most already, but I'll add a few things.
C2>P3>Pala2
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 52ittpp72/
Smite 5, Restoration 10, Resist Element 10. Reasons : Restoration 10 gives extra healing output on heal tiles. Resist Element 10 gives reduced damage from magical attacks?. Smite 5 for additional DPS. 5 Points saved for later update (rank 8 for Paladin 3).
Resist Element won't help you with MDEF. What it does is it lowers enemies MDEF, and increases the party's elemental resistance. So the resistance to lightning, fire, poison, etc., attacks.
It isn't bad, but to me it's either go Paladin 3 or don't at all.
2>P3>Pard2 (Ignore skill simulator title typo)
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... hrqm8x23w/
Simony 5, Indulgentia 1, Discerning Evil 9, Increase Mag. Def 10, Spell Shop 5. Reason : Simony 5 for lv 5 Stone Skin/Revive scrolls? (possible?). Indulgentia for Better cure utility. Discerning Evil 9 for the increased debuff on Bosses, and questing PVE mobs, since the maximum target is 5?. Inc. Mag. Def 10 for reducing incoming magical attacks (esp. with SPR builds?). Spell Shop 5 for selling Maxed out Blessing and Sacrament.?
If you want MDEF, Pardoner is a good choice, if you're SPR. Since the buff is directly applied to the party it's not as bothersome to use as Counterspell, since CS is a circle you have to stay within to have the buff.
There are A LOT of Spell Shop alts. Alts that have maxed buffs, attributes, and do a price war to sell them. You won't make much profit from it.
Simony is pretty much useless if you don't have Krivis. As a Cleric 2 Priest 3 you can scroll only Monstrance and Cure. Which means that'd be a waste of 5 skill points~
Both Discerning Evil and MDEF buff are totally worth maxing, to me. You may like leveling Indulgentia too, for the extra DPS/cure.
But with your current build, Simony is probably useless. Even Spell Shop is quite meh since you'll be a Support and not a buffing alt.

Oracle:
- Counterspell works on anything that is magical, yeah. Ground or not.
- Forecast is really nice~ Bosses' attack won't always show as you go higher and higher. Forecast shows clearly were the bosses/mobs will attack next, making it pretty easy to dodge it all.
- Most statue ailment are level 1s, that is why Oracle is still a good choice. Usually people who go Oracle don't go Plague Doctor, and Prophecy is part of why they chose the Oracle path.

I think Chaplain isn't worth it if you want to be a Support. Chaplain is more of a solo class, really. Aspergillum and Last Rites give extra damages, but it's only when you use your auto-attack, so it's pretty limited since people will mostly spam skills.
Any thoughts or suggestions till rank 5? I would love to hear feedbacks from you guys.
Now, For rank 6 and 7, Im currently looking for some additional utility such as :
1. Additional Heal Output
2. Mag. Def and/or Mag. Reduction Buffs
3. Better Cure/Anti-Ailments
4. Additional DPS skills for extra group DPS.
It might be too late... But I really don't recommend going Sacrament 10 if you're not a Spell Shop alt or a Chaplain.
Also Resurrection should always be leveled to at least 3 so you can increase Revive's total duration. Revive's attribute, when maxed, means your party will only stay ~10 seconds without Revive on.
If you keep Sacrament at level 1 you can max Mass Heal (Mass Heal 11 (with Divine Might) is +30% HP regen, yum !) and also max Revive.
Your last point could be put for Res 4 or Aspersion 1 for the +20% PDEF. I agree that Stone Skin is much more useful, but we can't keep Stone Skin on all the time, so +20% PDEF can be useful when a lot of mobs are grouped and/or if the team doesn't kill that fast.

PD would add extra curing, extra heal and some DPS. Pardoner would give you the MDEF buff. Oracle gives magic immunity, but since it's an aoe it's more troublesome to use.
If you go Pardoner 2, MDEF 10 "only" gives extra 75 MDEF, so I think PD's extra heal + DPS + curing can be worth more.
(You could also take Pardoner 2 for the extra MDEF at Rank 8 if you like the class, once it's released)
Also, Pardoner has Discerning Evil that increases debuffs/status ailments duration on enemies while PD use them to deal more damages... They go well together.